#108 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

I never took credit away from our defense. I give them credit for playing hard and stepping up for 4 quarters. But this just might be the first time in 2 years they've done that. If the defense wants the reputation of being the backbone of this team, they need to go out there and win MORE games. They need to build a repuation of stopping people at the end of games. They've blown too many of the last 2 years to count. Going up against Peyton this week will be a good test.

As our leader, Cam has pointed the finger at himself after every loss. I just dont see other guys on our team doing that. I really dont. I don't see our veterans being vocal enough or doing the things true leaders do. Before the season started, guys were tweeting this, tweeting that, taking out ads, making BOLD statements to the media. Where is that now? Their voices are not heard, they are invisible. Sure they may be well liked in the locker room, we may have been to one of their charity games, but how are they LEADING us to wins?

This is Cam's team clearly, we go as how he goes. His leadership and play is pivotal to our success. If he's not on his A game, we don't win. It's been proven.

#109 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

How does Cam being on his game correlate to showing leadership?

Playing well is not being a leader....

Once again good QB play always helps lead to a win.

#110 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hilarious how I'm not even past the 2nd page and already at least 4 responses are accusing KT of posting something racist and he NEVER MENTIONED RACE.

Guilty pigs, etc. etc.

#111 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

How does Cam being on his game correlate to showing leadership?

Playing well is not being a leader....

Once again good QB play always helps lead to a win.

What makes Carolina Panther fans who've been devoid of talent and leadership at the QB position for the majority of their existence, authorities on "leadership" at the QB position?

Why is a QB who's won at every level and been praised as a leader from coaches and teammates and for his intangible qualities suddenly devoid of such when he comes to a team that has lost 30 games in 3 seasons, and never had back to back winning seasons?

Who are the leaders of the Carolina Panthers? How are they going to help us win on Sunday, and do we put the honus on them TO WIN?

Cam is a leader on the field and off it. If more guys on our team pointed the finger at themselves the way he does, we'd be a lot better. Give me 53 Cam Newtons, who dont run and hide from the spotlight like bitches when the going gets tough. Give me guys who'll get in front of the camera in the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON and tell you what they're gonna do. Not guys who brag and boast in the offseason. FOH!

#112 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ok I'm going to stop giving my personal opinion and go with quotes.

Here is one from a Washington Post article by Kent Babb on 11/3/2012. (which can be found here: http://www.washingto...6a08_story.html ). It's an article that also contains a one on one interview with Rivera and is not a smear piece.

“This team doesn’t have leaders,” veteran wide receiver Steve Smith said flatly when asked about Newton’s leadership.

This is a quote from a Panthers player to a reporter when asked bluntly about leadership on this team. It's an indictment on our whole locker room, not just one player, but it speaks clearly to the point of this post as well.

I'll say again that I believe Cam will be a leader on this team once he grows / matures into the role. But I am standing firmly by the assertion that he is not now a leader on this team. He'll get there but I can't imagine why we're trying to hard, collectively, to force the issue.

#113 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Fans don't determine who the leaders are....and the questions you are asking have been answered by players on the team...

This is the NFL what you did at college means nothing. Please tell me you understand this? Because from where I sit Cam hasn't won at the NFL level....

Not sure what else can be done other than literally sledge hammering the point into your brain.

#114 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Ok I'm going to stop giving my personal opinion and go with quotes.

Here is one from a Washington Post article by Kent Babb on 11/3/2012. (which can be found here: http://www.washingto...6a08_story.html ). It's an article that also contains a one on one interview with Rivera and is not a smear piece.

This is a quote from a Panthers player to a reporter when asked bluntly about leadership on this team. It's an indictment on our whole locker room, not just one player, but it speaks clearly to the point of this post as well.

I'll say again that I believe Cam will be a leader on this team once he grows / matures into the role. But I am standing firmly by the assertion that he is not now a leader on this team. He'll get there but I can't imagine why we're trying to hard, collectively, to force the issue.

Then why is Cam's leadership questioned more than anyone's on this team when we lose? And shouldnt we be more appalled that Steve Smith doesnt see himself nor his buddy Jordan Gross as our leaders? They are 2 of our longest tenured players, and 2 of our highest paid. More of the burden needs to be placed on our team captains and veterans if we're not ready to crown Cameron as our leader. Can't have it both ways.

#115 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

Fans don't determine who the leaders are....and the questions you are asking have been answered by players on the team...

This is the NFL what you did at college means nothing. Please tell me you understand this? Because from where I sit Cam hasn't won at the NFL level....

Not sure what else can be done other than literally sledge hammering the point into your brain.

From where I sit no one in that locker room has won anything. But contracts they didnt deserve and the occasional pro bowl appearance.

#116 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

What are we arguing about?

Cam played well. We would've had 1 more drive had Olsen not dropped that pass on 3rd down

CJ earning that $. Hardy finally is awake and motivated...

Got a win

Don't worry, be happy

#117 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Then why is Cam's leadership questioned more than anyone's on this team when we lose? And shouldnt we be more appalled that Steve Smith doesnt see himself nor his buddy Jordan Gross as our leaders? They are 2 of our longest tenured players, and 2 of our highest paid. More of the burden needs to be placed on our team captains and veterans if we're not ready to crown Cameron as our leader. Can't have it both ways.

Man I have never done anything but fairly apply blame / priase where it needs to be applied. You've probably never seen "Cam has to win", "Cam isn't the answer at QB", "Cam is responsible single handedly for our losses", "Cam is a bad person because of his press conferences", "We are losing because Cam is a terrible leader", or "Cam is responsible for most of the bad on our team" out of me. You also aren't going to see me crediting one player alone with wins.

You'll notice that I said this is an indictment on our team as a whole, not just Cam, but that it applies to this situation as well.

I am talking about the assertion that Cam is a leader right this moment and/or that his "leadership" is directly/solely responsible for our winning / losing, as stated here:

Cam was a leader of men today, he inspired our defense to finally do their job for 4 quarters.

And here:

Cam's leadership inspired his teammates. Without it, no way we win today.

And here:

Cam and his leadership have everything to do with us winning or losing

And here:

LEADERSHIP
LEADERSHIP
LEADERSHIP

And here:

Cam's play and leadership dictates wins and losses, not the defense.

And here:

I just credit Cam's play and leadership with the win

You can't make one point and then change the point up on me to try to show how wrong I am when it's convenient. Believe it or not I agree with you that there are other guys on this team who should be leaders right now who are not named Cam Newton. They deserve more ire from the fanbase than Cam does for the current lack of leadership. But you didn't start a thread about one of them or argue that one of them is currently a leader when all evidence seems to be to the contrary.

Regarding the assertion that Cam is currently a leader we now have Steve Smith with a publicly available statement saying there are no leaders on this team. This is, as I said, an indictment on the entire team, not just Cam. But it does fit this thread because this thread specifically calls Cam a leader. I have a different opinion on that statement and I've said why I believe it.

I'm going to state again that I believe Cam can and will be a good leader for this team but that he needs to grow into the role. In the interim someone else needs to step up and do it, I won't argue that point, but you're not doing anyone any favors by just saying he's a leader over and over. Saying it long enough and loudly enough doesn't make it true and it isn't going to help him mature faster than he already has to.

#118 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

And harping him over his leadership for 5 weeks helped how? Just because you say "Cam is not a leader" or pull a quote from hot head Steve Smith doesnt make it so, bro. Thats a team captain who didnt score until yesterday, he was obviously frustrated when he said that. Like I said, thats a bigger indictment on himself and the vets than our young QB. But I take it more as Smitty just being Smitty.

I still proclaim Cam's leadership and poise is what got us thru yesterday. Without his grit we dont win. Without his 2 TDs we dont win. I think in time our franchise and fanbase can evolve into one that is more supportive of our QB. Its not a crime to rally behind your QB and believe in their leadership, as evidenced by the Colts. But for some reason we have fans who think we can win in spite of that, that we can put anybody out there and our defense and team will get us thru. That just has not proven to be true. When I see our team win a game where Cameron plays horribly and turns the ball over and doesnt play "flawless" football, I'll believe his leadership on and off the field hasnt impacted us.

#119 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

#120 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

From where I sit no one in that locker room has won anything. But contracts they didnt deserve and the occasional pro bowl appearance.

Yet you claimed that Cam has won at all levels.....I never claimed the rest of them have...

Although Smith has played in some big NFL games(Super Bowl, NFC Championship games)

Also Hurney is/was a moron but he is gone now so....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.