Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Props to Rivera

67 posts in this topic

Posted

The organization may be doing itself a disservice by not giving Rivera another year. The defense is obviously moving in the right direction. The D-line is playing with purpose, and the backfield is laying the wood. We effectively shut down Bob3 today, and limited the NFL's third leading rusher. Let's go!

2 people like this

Posted

Denver game is huge. Our team is so young & hungry. Winning is contagious & builds confidence. If they beat Denver I can see Cam & our scrappy D shocking the football world. 9-7 or 10-6 wouldn't be impossible. Especially if Rivera continues to improve as an in-game HC. We have the talent to beat anyone & our team plays hard every game.

Support the coaches, support the players, & grow a pair. This season isn't over. Atlanta & Chicago are arguably the two best teams in the NFL. We dominated both of them in their house. We gave those games away. Our guys know it & want to save their season. They know how good they can be.

Y'all can bash Marty all you want but he put together a solid team. You can also bash Rivera, but he is learning & will not give up on this season. Neither will I.

KEEP POUNDING

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah the Panthers won and I respect the OP post but I'm gonna step outta here before I get flamed on. Good game. That is all.

Posted

The season is lost when that number in the loss column exceeds 7.

Unless you're the Cardinals or Seahawks ...

1 person likes this

Posted

Unless you're the Cardinals or Seahawks ...

Touche Jawny, touche. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember Rivera saying they wanted to attack on D last year but when Beason went down it kind of killed that. Maybe now that they've got Keek and TD back on the field looking like studs they actually have the personnel to carry out the D he originally wanted?

2 people like this

Posted

It was a good challenge on that catch that was over turned. It was a crucial challenge too. I was proud of Rivera for throwing that flag and also for letting Medlock try that 50 yarder. He trusted his D to keep the Skins out of the end zone and gave Medlock the go ahead. Even though he didn't make the kick, I was glad to see that they were confident enough to let Medlock try.

Posted

watch when they lose the next two games by 1 point each

Posted

Well Rivera didn't look like a statue out there today and he called a good game. Maybe there's a connection there?

Props to him for the awesome fist pump he did at one point in the game.

Posted

Their playing better because their playing for their jobs. The GM was fired you know what that means? The man that drafted you is gone. The man that gave you that huge contract is gone. They know their being evaluated so of course they aren't quiting or giving up.

Posted

It took me a while to reach the conclusion that Rivera wasn't ready, so it's going to take me a while to conclude that he has developed enough to keep around. However, nothing would make me happier than for him to succeed. It would be the best thing for all concerned, especially considering how well our D has been playing.

The thing I'm least comfortable with is his lack of knowledge about offense, leading to him giving Chud too much latitude. And Chud is the guy I have the least confidence in. He may have modified the O because the heat was on, but I question if he'll fall back into his bad habits once the team has a bit of success.

The best thing that could happen? We go on a nice run to finish the year with some confidence, Rivera gets another year by the new GM, and someone hires Chud away to be their HC.

3 people like this

Posted

It took me a while to reach the conclusion that Rivera wasn't ready, so it's going to take me a while to conclude that he has developed enough to keep around. However, nothing would make me happier than for him to succeed. It would be the best thing for all concerned, especially considering how well our D has been playing.

The thing I'm least comfortable with is his lack of knowledge about offense, leading to him giving Chud too much latitude. And Chud is the guy I have the least confidence in. He may have modified the O because the heat was on, but I question if he'll fall back into his bad habits once the team has a bit of success.

The best thing that could happen? We go on a nice run to finish the year with some confidence, Rivera gets another year by the new GM, and someone hires Chud away to be their HC.

Well the last thing will never happen...lol...but I understand what you mean...