#16 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

What I did not like was the ball over the middle that he had a hand on, and seemed to quit on the route, or did not think he'd have made a play there. But I will never question his effort and heart. He has been the Carolina Panthers for a long time.

Smitty had a player behind him, in front of him and on top of him on that play. I think Smitty was trying to sit in the window as far away from the player about to get in front of him. Tough play either way.

#17 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

He would have more touchdowns but there's been about 5 times a defender has been called for pass interference in the end zone on smitty costing him a touchdown.

#18 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

He needs five of them.

Pardon my ignorance, but five of what?

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I feel like all of these threads are "forgiveness" threads lol. I remembered everyone were just bashing on these players and now everyone is having a thread for all these players. Fans are "lil girls".

Im waiting on the Dwill's TD thread.

#20 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I feel like all of these threads are "forgiveness" threads lol. I remembered everyone were just bashing on these players and now everyone is having a thread for all these players. Fans are "lil girls".

Im waiting on the Dwill's TD thread.

copying and pasting the same comment in multiple threads. Very creative.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

1st TD of the season, there's something wrong with that, but 89 is in the building.

Lacking a no.2 receiver is probably the reason to why 89 had his 1st td today.

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but five of what?

Those "Rings of Honor" you were talking about. He needs lots of them.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

copying and pasting the same comment in multiple threads. Very creative.

Of course. Both threads deserved it. Anything wrong with it? Did Zod say I couldn't do it. I wasn't trying to be "creative" too.

And glad you been keeping up with my posts

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Yeah I'm sure it is, maybe we'll take care of that next season.

#25 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Those "Rings of Honor" you were talking about. He needs lots of them.

I don't mean to be mean, but you don't really think a ring of honor goes on your finger do you?

#26 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

"Blocking is the name of the game baby! I'm bringing it & if you don't wanna get hit get off my field!" -89

#27 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

YES LP, YES.

#28 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

And the fact he can't seperate downfield with his speed like he use to.....he gets open now with his route running and vet moves.

Vertically, Smith simply can't beat guys consistantly anymore....people don't want to admit that. Heck, Hall was on him for that one vertical route that was picked out of the endzone.

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

And the fact he can't seperate downfield with his speed like he use to.....he gets open now with his route running and vet moves.

Vertically, Smith simply can't beat guys consistantly anymore....people don't want to admit that. Heck, Hall was on him for that one vertical route that was picked out of the endzone.

Yeah, I mentioned in the chat during the game that he has lost a little something but I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. The one play that stuck out to me was a catch he made for 9 yards, he stepped back to get the defender off him after he caught it and went to cut it back up field after the defender kept going... Back in his prime, he would've gotten the first down. But it was like once he stopped, he didn't have that same first step to get back to full speed and was caught at about the same spot he caught it at. He created the space, but he didn't have whatever it was that he used to have to leave the defenders grasping at air.

Don't get me wrong, he is still amazing and he still is a threat every play... I was reading on Panthers.com about AE's big catch and they said it happened because the Skins ran the same defense against the same play earlier and they rolled coverage to Smitty to take him out of the play. I think this is still going on A LOT, which is why it's taken so long for him to get his first TD this year. He still has gamebreaking ability, but I think he's relying a lot more on smarts now than he is his athletic ability, which he still has a ton of.

#30 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Agree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.