Photo
- - - - -

I will get bashed for this but... any chance Carolina makes run for 6-6?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I know this might not be the most likely thing but this Carolina team has shown an ability to play great football at times. "Should have, could have, would have" isn't an excuse for me but we barely lost to Tampa in the opening game against a team we weren't sure how to gameplan against and a team that gave New York fits the following week because of it. We had Atlanta beat if Newton had the ball not bounced behind the first down marker. Probably should have beat Seattle. No reason to lose to Dallas or Chicago.

But alas, we did lose. However, we just beat Washington and our upcoming schedule is as follows -

vs Denver
vs Tampa Bay
@ Philadelphia
@ Kansas City

The best team on that list, Denver, we get to play at home and I'm sure some of the players will be motivated playing against Fox. We get to play Tampa at home as well. Then our two road games are against Philly and KC. KC is just a flat out pathetic team - worse than even the 0-16 Detroit Lions. Philly are turnover machines.

I'm not saying we will. As a matter of fact, it'd surprise me. Just wonder how likely you guys think it is. In the case we did make the push to 6-6, the only quality team we'd have after that is Atlanta (at home).

#2 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

10-6 is possible if our guys stay hungry, determined, & focused. Rivera & Co. are learning & improving.

#3 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Denver scares me a lot. We are going up against Peyton Manning and a good Denver DEF....

I think we will beat TB, KC and PHI (if Vick keeps playing like crap).

But I hope so.....

#4 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'd be happy with 3 out of those 4

#5 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,588 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

If we beat Denver I like our chances at going 6-6 but that will be a very tough task.

Say we beat Denver, I can see us holding Doug Martin in check and Chud learning from his mistakes week 1 against TB. They are banged up on the offensive line and our defensive line has been playing lights out.

Against Philly I believe Cam will be hungry and want another shot at playing under the big lights of MNF. If we can consistently pressure Vick he will turn the ball over and we must keep McCoy to an average stat line.

In Kansas City, stop the run and get to the QB and we win.

In each of this games it is absolutely crucial we pressure the QB and slow down their running games. Thankfully for us, that's exactly what our team has done in recent weeks.

#6 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,410 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

And so it begins...

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

I don't think we can beat Denver and a very very very good Tampa team. We're not. They're better than us on paper and on the field. Though I can see us beating Philly, KC and Oakland.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

i think we can.

if the team keeps onplaying and being coached like they were today....absolutely.

i like our chances.

we've hung with everyone except for the giants and it looks like this team turned a corner today.

i've got my fingers crossed.

game against the broncos is going to be huge. i really hope we pull it off.

#9 Newtons2ndLaw

Newtons2ndLaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

LET'S DO IT MANG!

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

10-6 is my goal.

#11 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

SUPERBOWL!!!!

But seriously, 6-6 is very achievable, and if this team wins 5 in a row to get there than 10-6 is within grasp too. Hardest team left on the schedule is probably next week. If we can go 3-6 then we can go 10-6 in my opinion.

#12 ClawOn

ClawOn

Bringer of Dong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm afraid that beating Manning would require a high level game plan and in-game adjustments that might be tough for this staff. But there's a chance. The next 3 are very winnable.

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,996 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

I think the key to beating Manning is threefold:

1. Keep him off the field with long TD drives
2. Move him off his spot, not very mobile
3. Don't tip your hand, don't let him see what your cvg is with enough time for him to adjust

Atl will be another tough game.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

rivera's got some experience shutting him down, doesn't he?

#15 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

I know this might not be the most likely thing but this Carolina team has shown an ability to play great football at times. "Should have, could have, would have" isn't an excuse for me but we barely lost to Tampa in the opening game against a team we weren't sure how to gameplan against and a team that gave New York fits the following week because of it. We had Atlanta beat if Newton had the ball not bounced behind the first down marker. Probably should have beat Seattle. No reason to lose to Dallas or Chicago.

But alas, we did lose. However, we just beat Washington and our upcoming schedule is as follows -

vs Denver
vs Tampa Bay
@ Philadelphia
@ Kansas City

The best team on that list, Denver, we get to play at home and I'm sure some of the players will be motivated playing against Fox. We get to play Tampa at home as well. Then our two road games are against Philly and KC. KC is just a flat out pathetic team - worse than even the 0-16 Detroit Lions. Philly are turnover machines.

I'm not saying we will. As a matter of fact, it'd surprise me. Just wonder how likely you guys think it is. In the case we did make the push to 6-6, the only quality team we'd have after that is Atlanta (at home).

Ive said it a million times. I have a feeling we are en route to a "magical" run. Like the 2002 Jets that started 2-5 and finished 9-7 to make the playoffs (the same year BTW of Herm Edwards famous "you play to win the game" rant.)

ill tell you this right now, if we beat the Broncos, look out because we will snowball real fast into a big streak. We played the Falcons and the Bears hard and dominated them most of the game and I dont think the Broncos are as good as the Bears or Falcons PLUS they just beat Bengals on the road and will be coming here. Its about time Manning has a bad game again and the Broncos lose, they are due for a loss.

Next Sunday is make or break. Beating the Broncos will be a game changer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com