Photo
- - - - -

How do you guys feel about our defense so far?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

I love the way our defense has improved since week 3,but we have 1 glaring weak link why haven't we cut that dude at safety Nakamari if that's his name,he just flat out sucks he doesn't tackle and he sucks as a coverage safety.I hope we fix that problem in the offseason.

Cut Nakamari please.

#2 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Our defense has been awesome. Sure they have given up some big plays but they have really stepped it up when they've needed to. The pressure we are getting on the QB is incredible. Kuechly and Davis are all over the field and are straight up run stuffers. Nobody is getting by them if they get their hands on them. Norman is really really playing a lot more comfortable now and it's showing. His attitude and swag is awesome and something our defense needs. Also props to Captain, Josh Thomas, and Charles Godfrey who have been playing very good football.I am feeling good about our defense. Still have some holes that need to be filled but such a good foundation there.

#3 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationMaine/Cali

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

I feel great about our defense right now; all things considered. From where we were last year at this point and where we are now...I don't think any of us really saw a turn around of this magnitude this fast.

Right now, I think we have to give the coaching staff their props but most of all a shout out to our defensive front, Luke and the all-around stout play of our LB-core, the CBs and secondary as a whole for handling adversity and injuries and not giving up the big plays as of late that can break this teams back in a close game.

If we can continue to get pressure on quarterbacks I see no reason this defense can't finish in the top 10 come season's end. Then comes the question: Which side of the ball do we go with in the draft in the first round? We have holes and need upgrades at FS, DT, WR, OG, CB. Free agency will be crucial this off-season and we must get at least one quality starter at one of those positions so we can address the rest as best as possible via the draft.

#4 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I noticed Sherrod Martin was in the game when it really mattered (late fourth quarter), why can't he just start if they're afraid of Nakamura getting burned & giving up a TD in the closing moments?

#5 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I noticed Sherrod Martin was in the game when it really mattered (late fourth quarter), why can't he just start if they're afraid of Nakamura getting burned & giving up a TD in the closing moments?

I agree with this,we should start Martin he can't be any worse.I have watched Nakamura all season long and the guy just doesn't do anything good on the field.He is always blowing coverages and he doesn't tackle.Im still wondering why we haven't replaced or cut this guy yet.He is the only weak spot on our defense.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

It would be nice to get a starter from FA at a key position....so we don't have to fill all our needs through the draft. Need an OG WR DT FS CB

#7 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

young corners playing well, still not a fan of the zone, but it was a good game plan for RG3.

Wish we would run more of a 2 man deep man cover underneath.

But the DEF is actually playing pretty dan good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.