Photo
- - - - -

Denver #1 in sacks allowed and QB hits...can the Cats get to him?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

We have to get quick pressure on him consistently or he'll tear our DBs a new a-hole.

If we do things like... stay in the same base cover over and over and don't get the DLine in his face, then we're fuged.

#17 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's hard to sack someone when the longest they hold the ball is like 3 seconds. We will see....I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the team can keep winning. Would be nice if they make an epic run after such a bad start; it would be nice, but if "if" was a 1/5th...we would all be drunk right now.

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's hard to sack someone when the longest they hold the ball is like 3 seconds.

At most.

Most of this throws are gone before 2 seconds.

We have our work cut out for us, but you have to believe.

#19 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think we'll need to move Smith around and make it hard for them to key on him. Denver plays a very aggressive style of defense and aren't afraid to leave their CBs in man. Fox knows better than to leave Smitty to one guy, so we need to disrupt that scheme by moving him all over the place - preferably in the slot, where Welker gave them headaches. It's a good week to have Gettis back.

#20 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Norman better get ready to get battle tested and start catching some int so he doesn't throw that way.

I want to see Norman play more press coverage. It seem like everytime I see him pre-snap, he's giving his man a five to ten yard cushion. I want to see what Norman can really do in man-to-man coverage.

#21 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Yeah... because all of us Denver Broncos fans should be judged based on a couple of posts by some chuckleheads on a forum. The internet must be serious business guy.

Both of u are lame by taking the time to go on another teams forum!

#22 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

the front four will not be enough, imo. that's a combination of denver's o-line and manning's ability. besides, with our mcderp-d giving denver receivers 15 yards of cushion, manning will eat up the field with 2 step drops 18 yards at time.

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

this is a game that we absolutely can not play soft zone or play it safe or he will kill us.

rivera knows peyton, though, and knows how to stop him. i think peyton is getting the ball out quicker this year but he's only doing it because his life depends on it.

defense is going to have to mix things up, but hold off on showing their hand until the very last second.

i know a lot of people hate this idea, but this is very much going to be rivera going against peyton in this game. rivera has to call this game tight.

the offense is going to have to be full throttle all game as well. with peyton under center, you can't play it safe and protect any leads that you might get.

the key to beating fox, though, is change up the way you do things on offense. he thinks that adjustments are a myth.

#24 Majestic87

Majestic87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Honestly If we get ONE sack I'll be surprised....Its like we have one GREAT week with pressure than we back to normal....

#25 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

His pre-snap reads are incredible and still unmatched by any other QB in the league. We can only hope our front four can continue to get pressure without blitz help because we will need the extra coverage.

#26 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

This is a career theme, his release time is very fast, and the route running is precise. Its going to be hard, need to get hands up, and collapse the pocket from inside.

#27 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Too be honest Peyton and their offense is the least of my concerns

#28 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

His pre-snap reads are incredible and still unmatched by any other QB in the league. We can only hope our front four can continue to get pressure without blitz help because we will need the extra coverage.

Rivera has played him before, it'd be wise to do what the falcons did and have a lot of guys jumping around.

#29 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Defense won't be the problem in the game, it'll be the offense. Even against the Redskins, they couldn't successfully run the ball late in the game to shorten it when they had a lead. Try punting to give Peyton try after try in the fourth quarter. Not going to end well. This team is still amateur. They merely won a game against another amateur team.

#30 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Rivera has played him before, it'd be wise to do what the falcons did and have a lot of guys jumping around.

Yea it seems in past Peyton struggles against 3-4's where he isnt sure who the 4th and 5th rushers are. Those defenses are often moving guys around pre snap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.