Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jairus Byrd FS

91 posts in this topic

Posted

Byrd is a good player. Would be a big upgrade for our struggling Safety position.

Need to draft a bad ass SS to go along with him

1 person likes this

Posted

I think we will trade Gamble in the off season. Too soft. Lost the fire. This is a youth movement.

I think you need to trade me some of that poo you're smoking

3 people like this

Posted

Byrd is a good player. Would be a big upgrade for our struggling Safety position.

Need to draft a bad ass SS to go along with him

Why? I would rather have Godfrey then a rookie SS when we have other needs to fill

Posted

I think you need to trade me some of that poo you're smoking

When the ball is in the air he can drape a hell of a blanket over receivers. However I've seen him get burn't, give up a 10 yard padding allowing no inviting the quick slant. He is also getting older and we are paying him a pretty penny. Great player. Wrong situation.

Posted

Why? I would rather have Godfrey then a rookie SS when we have other needs to fill

Because Godfrey isnt good. He's a liability in coverage. and hes eating up too much $ for his lack of production

IMO.

Posted

LaRon > Byrdman

Posted

It's not the roster spot I'm talking about. A FA like Byrd will cost $4-6 mill a year. Someone making actual money will have to be cut since we are over the 2013 cap. Gamble? DWill?

a couple restructures and a few extensions and we should be fine. Besides the only player that would save us money if we cut him would be Gamble and even then I don't think it saves us all that much.

Posted

We will be 10 mil under the cap by June 2nd. Don't worry about it.

Posted

I'd take Byrd in a heartbeat, then we could take top DT and WR in the draft.

Posted

LaRon > Byrdman

Hardly... LaRon may be a better tackler, but byrd is way better in coverage. And that's the most important part of being a FS.

Posted

I would do this ASAP.

Posted

Would the fact that Byrd spends time training with Stew and Beason be enough to bring him here...along with a gangster roll going into his pocket.....

Buffalo is miserable. I'd want to get the heck out of there...

1 person likes this