Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jairus Byrd FS

91 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Don't forget Josh Thomas, he may make Captain expendable in the slot. He's playing very well.

I agree, I'd take Josh Thomas over Captain. I'd also cut Gamble if it would help with us bringing in Byrd. Cutting Gamble actually saves us the most money. Kind of like Wharton this year.

Posted · Report post

I agree, I'd take Josh Thomas over Captain. I'd also cut Gamble if it would help with us bringing in Byrd. Cutting Gamble actually saves us the most money. Kind of like Wharton this year.

Agree. People gets carried away about Gamble's great season last year. People doesn't remember that this man hasnt been able to stay on the field and he only lived up to 1yr of his "Champ Bailey" contract. I'd trade him to a team like the Pats for a 5th or 6th, or cut him. We have a lot of money attached to him next year and not knowing how many games he'll give us in the future.

Posted · Report post

Gamble was playing at the same level this year and that was before the pass rush was working.

Posted · Report post

the main point would be are there any other teams out there in need of a FS, that worry's me if we go after him because the more teams that call the higher his contract will be but there is a plus side he does work out with our guys

Posted · Report post

the main point would be are there any other teams out there in need of a FS, that worry's me if we go after him because the more teams that call the higher his contract will be but there is a plus side he does work out with our guys

Sure there are. His team the Bills, SF, Cincy, Pats, Denver, Jets, Houston, us, etc are all in need of a FS

Posted · Report post

He'll resign with Buffalo.

Posted · Report post

hmmmm it's looking hazy right now but depending on our new gm and if Rivera stays will ultimately be the deciding factor. i'm hoping we could work this out in the off-season somehow

Posted · Report post

Gamble was playing at the same level this year and that was before the pass rush was working.

Not going to lie that he didn't but if you were the GM of this team, would you pay an aging vet that kind of money who since he signed his 6yr contract have missed 23 games? Or would you rather trade/cut him and use that money toward a need of "FS" in a Byrd or Goldshon?

Posted · Report post

He'll resign with Buffalo.

Think the Bills are in pretty bad shape in cap space also.

Posted · Report post

Think the Bills are in pretty bad shape in cap space also.

And why would Byrd want to stay in Buffalo?

Posted · Report post

Not going to lie that he didn't but if you were the GM of this team, would you pay an aging vet that kind of money who since he signed his 6yr contract have missed 23 games? Or would you rather trade/cut him and use that money toward a need of "FS" in a Byrd or Goldshon?

I'd first try to restructure or extend him to a cap friendly number. Unless, we think the Josh's are the answer on the outside.

You won't trade his contract and I imagine the cap hit for cutting him would hurt.

To me it doesn't make sense to dump your best CB in favor of another DB. They need to improve, not just swap out pieces.

Posted · Report post

And why would Byrd want to stay in Buffalo?

Money duh. Even though they may be in bad as shape as we are.

Also, thats a very good Buffalo team whos under performing just like us.