Photo
- - - - -

John Fox's biggest weakness as head coach...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,677 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

offensive efficiency is our best friend. score every time you get the ball, even if it's only a field goal, and force foxy to keep his foot on the gas.

also if we get a dozen or so interceptions it would help our chances enormously.

#17 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

We run the ball relentlessly in the 1st half, then come out throwin every direction in the 2nd.... Let Manning do his best to play catchup... If we set our D free, Peyton shouldnt be close to efficient....

#18 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

It would be difficult to see how Fox could implement his conservative approach to offense in Denver and still have a job at the end of the season with Manning as his QB.

Being a student of the game and knowing Fox's lengthy history of failed conservative offenses, there is little chance Manning would have agreed to play for the Broncos prior to getting a key role in developing the play book, weekly game plans and override authority of any and all play calling at the point of attack. Denver was not the only team he could have landed with so he likely had the leverage to make this happen.

#19 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,890 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think Mannings strength and aggressiveness trumps Foxs conservativism, when it comes to play calling on offense.

#20 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I really doubt Fox treats an offense led by a future HOF QB in the same way he treated an offense led by Jake Delhomme. As much as I liked Jake, I get the reliance on defense to win that Fox held during his tenure. But that was a very different team than the one he has now.

Manning is an amazing weapon. Whether you love Fox or hate him, there's no way that he's going to forget that.

#21 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Fox is a figurehead. Peyton runs the offense and Del Rio runs the D.

#22 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I really think you'll see us build off Sunday in that we'll turn it into a managed game for Cam and the offense. I think that you'll see us running the ball as much as possible playing a field position game and trying to keep it a constant one score game. Cam will be around 20-25 attempts which I don't like but you can't argue with the results. If it turns into a shootout we just don't win those type of games with our personnel. Hopefully Manning gives us a few turnovers and we can capitalize on that and build an early lead. Our defense is sneaky good.

#23 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,422 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Peyton overpowers Foxball.

#24 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't think Fox has an offense. You could say he ran his team the best way he could given the QB's he had to work with.

#25 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

When Elway brought in Manning, he also took any form of control over the offense away from Fox.

What he ^^^ said.

#26 Papa-Pwn

Papa-Pwn

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Fox hasn't been involved with the Denver offense at all since he's been there.

#27 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Peyton will make swiss cheese of this soft zone that we run, I hope we play some man coverages and blitz TD, Anderson and Luke a lot to get to Manning.....

I loved Fox as a HC, always felt like he got the crappy end of the stick, but no way I want him walking out of BofA with a smile on his face........

#28 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Panthers 3-6, we will win this one and OPEN a few eyes. Trust me.

#29 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Playing too conservative with a marginal lead.

Could this come into play Sunday? I think so. The Broncos could very well be up by 10 in the 3rd quarter. If that happens, will Fox institute Fox ball and shut down the explosive offense for a more run the clock mode? Can we capitalize on that?

If Fox goes retro Peyton will simply walk to the LOS and audible to whatever play he sees fit versus the Panther's defensive look.

Fox wil look up to the replay something like this:

Posted Image

Panthers need to kidnap Antonio Cromartie for this game as he is kryptonite to Manning's Superman play.

Reality is as the DC (Rivera) for the Chargers from 2008-2010 was 1-1 versus the Colts and Manning in the Regular Season.

We're going to have our hands full and then some.

#30 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

i think we all know Fox's weakness here; the screen pass and the tight end. Something we actually run nowadays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com