Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Awesomeness!!

Why I early voted for Gary Johnson..

50 posts in this topic

The two party farce will continue into perpetuity so long as the citizenry believe that a vote outside of this bogus dichotomy is a wasted vote.

There seems to be no cure for apathy and ignorance.

1 person likes this

The two party farce will continue into perpetuity so long as the citizenry believe that a vote outside of this bogus dichotomy is a wasted vote.

What makes me laugh is how CONVINCED people are that if their guy doesn't win the entire country will completely fall apart.

The truth is we are all gonna get the same sht sandwich no matter which guy wins, the only difference is 1 sht sandwich might have sprinkles and the other might have bacon, but it is still a giant sht sandwich.

3 people like this

I too early voted Johnson on principle. I just couldn't vote for either Obama or Romney when the screen came up.

I see nothing wrong in this.

1 person likes this

Having a viable third party candidate would do so much for our country. I was talking with my friend the other day and he mentioned how he just doesn't care this year and decided not to vote even though he's registered. BUT, he said his wife, who comes from a family who have an overinflated value of self-worth and are ultra conservative, will probably be voting and will vote a straight republican ticket.

I was kind of taken aback. His wife is the least political person I can think of. I doubt she even knows about ONE issue that has been debated... That's why our system is broken and a third-party would be a good solution... It would require a lot of new voters to actually THINK, instead of doing what their parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles do.

I voted for Stein. What of it?

She still in jail?

She still in jail?

She was released the next day. She was arrested for trespassing.

She was released the next day. She was arrested for trespassing.

I know, just pulling your chain

I do wonder why people think that having a third party would really make things better. If you look at the countries that have multiple parties, those parties usually have some idealogical cause behind them. I have a feeling that if we had mulitple parties, they would also break down along idealogical lines. We would have a moderate party that would encompass some democrats and some republicans, a left leaning party that encompasses liberals, a social conservative party, and a fiscal conservative party. Which is basically how things are now, but those groups are loosely under the umbrellas of the two major parties. And none of them would have enough power to get legislation to pass on their own, so they would have to form alliances with the other parties. In essence, things wouldn't change.

The third party talk is a holy grail for some, but its essentially meaningless.