51 replies to this topic

#31 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

The two party farce will continue into perpetuity so long as the citizenry believe that a vote outside of this bogus dichotomy is a wasted vote.

There seems to be no cure for apathy and ignorance.

#32 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

The two party farce will continue into perpetuity so long as the citizenry believe that a vote outside of this bogus dichotomy is a wasted vote.

What makes me laugh is how CONVINCED people are that if their guy doesn't win the entire country will completely fall apart.

The truth is we are all gonna get the same sht sandwich no matter which guy wins, the only difference is 1 sht sandwich might have sprinkles and the other might have bacon, but it is still a giant sht sandwich.

#33 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,793 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

I too early voted Johnson on principle. I just couldn't vote for either Obama or Romney when the screen came up.

I see nothing wrong in this.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I voted for Stein. What of it?

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Having a viable third party candidate would do so much for our country. I was talking with my friend the other day and he mentioned how he just doesn't care this year and decided not to vote even though he's registered. BUT, he said his wife, who comes from a family who have an overinflated value of self-worth and are ultra conservative, will probably be voting and will vote a straight republican ticket.

I was kind of taken aback. His wife is the least political person I can think of. I doubt she even knows about ONE issue that has been debated... That's why our system is broken and a third-party would be a good solution... It would require a lot of new voters to actually THINK, instead of doing what their parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles do.

#36 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Gary Johnson is the Sarah Palin of the Libertarian movement.

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,320 posts

I voted for Stein. What of it?

She still in jail?

#38 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

She still in jail?

She was released the next day. She was arrested for trespassing.

#39 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

She was released the next day. She was arrested for trespassing.

I know, just pulling your chain

#40 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,324 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I do wonder why people think that having a third party would really make things better. If you look at the countries that have multiple parties, those parties usually have some idealogical cause behind them. I have a feeling that if we had mulitple parties, they would also break down along idealogical lines. We would have a moderate party that would encompass some democrats and some republicans, a left leaning party that encompasses liberals, a social conservative party, and a fiscal conservative party. Which is basically how things are now, but those groups are loosely under the umbrellas of the two major parties. And none of them would have enough power to get legislation to pass on their own, so they would have to form alliances with the other parties. In essence, things wouldn't change.

The third party talk is a holy grail for some, but its essentially meaningless.

#41 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I wrote in Ron Paul. We're raised to believe that our vote matters and every vote counts so even though I didn't want to vote at all I did. I know that Ron has absolutely no chance of winning, but it makes me feel good knowing that I voted for a man who I think is a great leader and has introduced some great concepts into my life. I really think that Ron Paul has started a revolution, especially amongst people in my age group. People are passionate about him, his beliefs, and our country. Hopefully a lot more people decided to write him in too so we can send the powers that be a message.

and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I just think that the government is incredibly corrupt at it's current state and Ron Paul would be the man to fix that.

#42 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ron made such a Revolution that he couldn't get the Pub nomination.

#43 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

I do wonder why people think that having a third party would really make things better. If you look at the countries that have multiple parties, those parties usually have some idealogical cause behind them. I have a feeling that if we had mulitple parties, they would also break down along idealogical lines. We would have a moderate party that would encompass some democrats and some republicans, a left leaning party that encompasses liberals, a social conservative party, and a fiscal conservative party. Which is basically how things are now, but those groups are loosely under the umbrellas of the two major parties. And none of them would have enough power to get legislation to pass on their own, so they would have to form alliances with the other parties. In essence, things wouldn't change.

It's relevant b/c it gives people an actual spectrum of choices to choose from that may fall more directly in line with their politics, versus making people box themselves in and basically join the bloods or the crips. So many people who vote now for the two main parties don't adhere to more than 50% of what their party's platform is, but they vote for them because of the "me versus you" aspect. It's just another source of division and diversion, IMO.

#44 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

All you hope to do is make enough noise the major parties have to incorporate your platform in the next election.

#45 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,472 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Colored in the bubble beside Johnson earlier today. We are still rocking paper ballots here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com