37 replies to this topic

#1 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

LANDOVER, Md. -- Watching through a crowd of teammates who were standing along the sideline in front of his seat on the bench, Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy saw all he needed to see. His offense, he thought, was giving the game away.
Hardy lifted his helmet, slammed it to the ground, shouted an expletive, and started down the sideline, so that more could hear him expressing his emotions. All while his team was beating the Washington Redskins by eight points. All with less than two minutes to play Sunday.
"I got a little emotional and said some things I'm not sure if I meant or not, but I wanted everybody to know," Hardy told NFL.com after the Panthers' 21-13 win. "I wanted everybody to attack, even with a lead.

"You've got to be on your toes, not on your heels. I got a little emotional about that."
Emotional enough for Hardy -- who, when the Panthers were just 1:15 from their first victory since Sept. 16, had to be restrained by wide receiver Steve Smith -- to apologize to coach Ron Rivera in the locker room after the game.
Rivera's response, however, was interesting: No need to apologize, he told Hardy. None at all. The Redskins never should have had the late tying opportunity that sparked Hardy's outburst, and a little fire was apparently in order. If only it had come on the field instead.
"That's outstanding," Rivera later explained in a corner of the locker room. "We have to play with that type of emotion. This is an emotional game, and when you play with emotion, you give yourself an opportunity to win. Be in attack mode. Be aggressive."

More

Have to get over that feeling that we are going somehow lose at the end of these games. Good on the Kraken for showing the fire though.

#2 Crim

Crim

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

brb ordering hardy jersey

#3 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Great read on Hardy and the type of personality and passion he has.. Who better to calm down a 6'4" 300 lb man than none other than 5'9" Smitty?

#4 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,351 posts

Its like a light bulb switched on for him im glad hardy's finally starting to get it.

#5 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Good for Greg...jump their poo! Sounds like someone is showing some leadership.

#6 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hardy is giving it all he's got and it's awesome.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Well they've been conditioned to these late game losses. Good to see hardy showing emotion over it, we need players to play with fire at the end of these games and close them out.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Is it just me or can you see Hardy going to professional wrasslin after the NFL

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

horrible title...obviously for the redskins market.

great read, though.

loved this:

"I got a little emotional and said some things I'm not sure if I meant or not, but I wanted everybody to know," Hardy told NFL.com after the Panthers' 21-13 win. "I wanted everybody to attack, even with a lead.

a-frikkin-men.

liked rivera's comments as well talking about hardy's outburst

"That's outstanding," Rivera later explained in a corner of the locker room. "We have to play with that type of emotion. This is an emotional game, and when you play with emotion, you give yourself an opportunity to win. Be in attack mode. Be aggressive."

i hope the whole team is fired up like that.

seems like a well needed sentimentality that is starting to take over the lockerroom.

don't ever get too comfortable with any lead. always be fighting. don't take that foot off the gas. just keep on pushing.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

btw...as much as i can't believe i'm saying it about hardy, this is the type leadership we need atm.

#11 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,474 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm sure the whole "play to keep your job" has nothing to do with how much better Hardy is playing.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm sure the whole "play to keep your job" has nothing to do with how much better Hardy is playing.

you don't start acting like that when your whole motivation is just keeping a job.

#13 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hardy is turning a corner on the field and on the bench? Luke looked like he got the message by the way he celebrated a the end. The young emerging players are defining this defense now. They are way more physical and they are definitely more animated than I've seen them. I don't remember seeing so many big hits out there, even when Fox was here, most of those teams didn't lay the wood that much.

We need to have some more intensity on offense. Shockey really brought the attitude that helped guide the younger guys. I just wish the offensive line was better so they could impose the run game more and get everyone into it.

Still have to take the option out of the offense and get back to pounding the football. It was working well against the Bears who are a top defense.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

this is the kind of fire and raw passion we've been clearly missing through the first portion of the season (and arguably through a huge chunk of last season, if not the entire thing.)

i hope it's infectious. if rivera's worth his poo as a coach he'll find a way to channel this.

#15 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hard to imagine after reading that that the players don't love Rivera... Have we all been wrong about him? We're we also wrong about Hurney? We're all certainly very emotionally involved with this team... But to times like these where I really question... What do we really know???? Even the most in tune fan doesn't know much, even though we'll all argue that we do until we're blue in the face.

One thing i think well agree with....It's hard not to be proud after a situation and win like that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.