#16 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hardy looked like he was about to cry after the loss last week. He's putting his heart into the team. I'm starting to become a huge Hardy fan.

#17 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

this is the kind of fire and raw passion we've been clearly missing through the first portion of the season (and arguably through a huge chunk of last season, if not the entire thing.)

i hope it's infectious. if rivera's worth his poo as a coach he'll find a way to channel this.

I think he already has... Someone posted earlier today that CJ tweeted that the players had the day off, and yet when he arrived at the stadium this am for extra work and film... That the parking lot was full. Not planned either

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hardy looked like he was about to cry after the loss last week. He's putting his heart into the team. I'm starting to become a huge Hardy fan.

win one for the kraken!

#19 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I think he already has... Someone posted earlier today that CJ tweeted that the players had the day off, and yet when he arrived at the stadium this am for extra work and film... That the parking lot was full. Not planned either

It'd be nice to get some wins out of all this extra work they're putting in

#20 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

"You've got to be on your toes, not on your heels. I got a little emotional about that."

Like the defense on Chicago's final drive?

#21 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

It'd be nice to get some wins out of all this extra work they're putting in

This team came into a game at 1-6 and played their hearts out. I'm a believer when Rivera says that this team practices as if they're still in the hunt. We have a bright future... And although the hard work and determination hasn't resulted in W's on the field... I think that we now have changed our tides and these players have a WINNERS mentality. That's a huge step in future success.

#22 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm proud of Hardy for speaking out and for his play on the field, but have a different take on this than some.

This team lacks in leadership and it manifests itself in an inability to close out games that are close, but it also manifests itself in outbursts like Greg's. Put simply, this team is not getting the leadership it needs from the coaches. Rivera is waiting for someone to do the things he should be doing. If he becomes an effective leader, others will emulate him.

The biggest problem is at the top, not with the guys on the field.

#23 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm proud of Hardy for speaking out and for his play on the field, but have a different take on this than some.

This team lacks in leadership and it manifests itself in an inability to close out games that are close, but it also manifests itself in outbursts like Greg's. Put simply, this team is not getting the leadership it needs from the coaches. Rivera is waiting for someone to do the things he should be doing. If he becomes an effective leader, others will emulate him.

Additionally you'd have to give props for Rivera's handling of the situation in general.

You can't complain about "not enough leadership" and then a guy steps up (right or wrong way) and he's smashed down and blasted by team mates and coaches

#24 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,988 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image

Scary dude

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,735 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Do like.

#26 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

My head is spinning.... so yesterday up by one score deep in our end, Cam drops back and launches a deep pass to Edwards resulting in a big play, followed by TD and up two scores. That was not playing safe. The last drive, sure it was not great but the week before we had the pick six. I did not like the almost comeback by the Skins, but THIS TIME WE WON!! Wasnt the problem this team doesnt know how to win... maybe this was a start of that learning process.

#27 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Rivera's leadership can only go so far. The players have to take ownership of what they do on the field and how they execute. They have to motivate and lead themselves...they are the ones who have to perform at the end of the day. If they are relying on Rivera to fire them up or lead them..then why are they here to begin with? These guys are professional NFL players...they need to be accountable for their own careers and take it upon themselves to turn around the culture.

Rivera also needs to look in the mirror and realize that his old ways are not putting his team in a position to win. The fact that we are transitioning to a traditional offense and the fact our defense is better the past few games...to me I see Rivera's footprint on both of those situations...it's about damn time because everyone was put on notice with Marty being kicked out...so the fact that Rivera is making some changes = being a leader

#soapbox

#28 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Like the defense on Chicago's final drive?

The defense was playing what the coaches called...wasn't the player's fault.

#29 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

The defense was playing what the coaches called...wasn't the player's fault.

Isn't that the same case with the offense at the end of the Redskins game? You mean to tell me that Cam was calling those plays on the field on his own?

#30 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I saw how emotionally drained Hardy was after the last minute loss to Chicago. I wonder if that was what finally threw the switch for him - that the loss was agonizing after he went out there and gave everything he had. I bet after that, he decided he didn't want to feel that again, and that is the root cause of his fire at Washington.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com