• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

The next few days are going to be very interesting.

While I hate political speeches, and I find the debates boring, I find the political system itself fascinating. Also, watching the various pundits try to find mandates or trends in the results is interesting, well for the first few days anyway.

If Obama wins, he gets four more years to see if he can be a good president. If Romney wins, we will see yet another in a long series of peaceful turnovers of power. Either way, the country will be survive and eventually prosper.

#2 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Either way, we're most likely screwed. The two party system is a fuging joke.

#3 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Agreed OP...

#4 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

I expect A LOT OF JACKASSERY in the coming days... This might go down as the biggest election in US History with more controversy than even the Bush Kerry election

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Either way, we're most likely screwed. The two party system is a fuging joke.

The US survived a Civil War, Valley Forge, the burning of the White House, Pearl Harbor and WWII, and many other calamaties. We will survive Romney or Obama.

Besides, its not like the countries that have more than two parties are examples of excellent government.

Personally, I would prefer no political parties and everyone just run as independents, but it isn't going to happen.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

The staunch supporters of whichever candidate that loses are going to have a bitch fit Wednesday.

I can only imagine what my Facebook news feed will be like...

It's certainly going to be entertaining.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

The staunch supporters of whichever candidate that loses are going to have a bitch fit Wednesday.

I can only imagine what my Facebook news feed will be like...

It's certainly going to be entertaining.

I'm not entirely sure we'll have a winner by Wednesday...

#8 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

I don't think much is going to change in Washington. Regardless, whomever wins is going to squeak by and neither side is going to budge. If it's a landslide, one side can argue, "America wants change" but when it's tight... it's a bit more of a mess.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,356 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Don't think there will be the great "mandate" talk for either side.

I expect the "too close to call" stuff that we are hearing now is just news people wanting you to tune in. I think they will be very cautious in declaring winners, so it might take some extra time, but a winner will be known by 1 a.m. is my prediction.

Once places like Wisconson, Ohio and Iowa are known, it is a done deal.

Whichever way it goes, tomorrow, we will still be in America and have no fear for our lives because our party lost. (well, for the most part) haha

#10 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Im afriad this one is going to make Bush/Gore look like a smooth and efficient election.

With all of the problems in the NE anyone who thinks this is going to be over quickly is simply kidding themselves.

Fax and email in your ballot? You must be joking NJ. No chance for fraud there...

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,734 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Looks like as good a thread as any, esp in light of what Inmicus said...

So I went to vote this morning and this is the first time in my precinct that they have computers instead of paper books... and the lady (at least 75 and clearly uncomfortable running a computer) tells me after typing my name in, "I'm sorry sir, you have already voted..."

After going back and forth for a minute and being asked questions like "are you sure you didn't vote and just don't remember..." they send me to the provisional ballot section... I fill out the provisional ballot forms and he gives me a ballot to fill out...

About half way into filling it out, another different lady comes over and tells me to stop, that they figured out that the PRINTER JAMMED while printing my forms and that's why it said I'd already voted...

So I finished filling out the ballot (side note: the guy yells at me to get off my phone and I have to explain that I'm not talking on it, but rather looking at the list I had made of who to vote for...) and submit it..

The lady comes over and apologizes again and explains that she went back to check and make sure I hadn't been given my wife's info or anything but that "my wife hasn't voted..." Well... I knew for a fact that my wife HAD already voted this morning... so I asked her to check again, and she said "no, your wife is listed as having not voted"...

So I leave and call my wife and she did in fact already vote and submit her ballot in the machine... so I guess she could go vote again...

Man, no wonder elections get screwed up...

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Looks like as good a thread as any, esp in light of what Inmicus said...

So I went to vote this morning and this is the first time in my precinct that they have computers instead of paper books... and the lady (at least 75 and clearly uncomfortable running a computer) tells me after typing my name in, "I'm sorry sir, you have already voted..."

After going back and forth for a minute and being asked questions like "are you sure you didn't vote and just don't remember..." they send me to the provisional ballot section... I fill out the provisional ballot forms and he gives me a ballot to fill out...

About half way into filling it out, another different lady comes over and tells me to stop, that they figured out that the PRINTER JAMMED while printing my forms and that's why it said I'd already voted...

So I finished filling out the ballot (side note: the guy yells at me to get off my phone and I have to explain that I'm not talking on it, but rather looking at the list I had made of who to vote for...) and submit it..

The lady comes over and apologizes again and explains that she went back to check and make sure I hadn't been given my wife's info or anything but that "my wife hasn't voted..." Well... I knew for a fact that my wife HAD already voted this morning... so I asked her to check again, and she said "no, your wife is listed as having not voted"...

So I leave and call my wife and she did in fact already vote and submit her ballot in the machine... so I guess she could go vote again...

Man, no wonder elections get screwed up...

Yep...nothing can ever go wrong or have people exploit gaps in voter integrity.

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,356 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Im afriad this one is going to make Bush/Gore look like a smooth and efficient election.

With all of the problems in the NE anyone who thinks this is going to be over quickly is simply kidding themselves.

Fax and email in your ballot? You must be joking NJ. No chance for fraud there...

NJ and NY will go Obama, so the local stuff is all that will be contested

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,305 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Too bad the NJ Sen race wasn't more competitive.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,407 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

There is a slight, but real possibility that this one could end up being decided in the House of Representatives. That would be a fascinating thing to watch, although I think we would see a lot of angry democrats since the republicans control the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.