Photo
- - - - -

tied for 4th in sacks (team)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Did everybody else that posted before me in this thread miss the fact that we once again do not have a 3rd round pick?

The OP certainly doesn't know it

#17 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Did everybody else that posted before me in this thread miss the fact that we once again do not have a 3rd round pick?

The OP certainly doesn't know it

did you miss the part where i said i think were trading 34 or 28?? we will end up with a 3rd.

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

I mentioned that I believed we would obtain one by April.

#19 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

actually to be more specific.. i dont think it will be a 3rd.. i think we will end up with a 2nd 2nd.

#20 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I think our first round pick has to be DT or OL. It's time to beef up the trenches! I also agree with whoever said it's time to work towards replacing the older parts.

I think we should address FS in free agency, although I still feel Martin could be a really good one. He showed great range and athleticism on the deep ball yesterday.

#21 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I'd get a FS and a SS in the draft...the S position needs a major make over...find a prototype SS...not godfrey who was converted

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Godfrey is playing well at SS, I'd like to see him stay.

In my dream scenario we trade someone for a 3rd DLo or Beason probably, take DT in the first, WR in the second and an RG in the third. With the money we save with the trade we make a run at Byrd to take over Nakamura.

#23 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

1. FS
2. RG
3. LT (Gross is old.)
4. DT
5. Playmaking WR

Fixed.

I say fix bot the lines first before drafting a S or WR. Remember Cam has to be protected. We need a consistent pass rush. Look at the pressure they got with just 4 guys. Hardy is underrated at the DT position. He plays both. So let me say this. I rather see the O-line fixed. before investing in a DT. Unless he's an impact DT and will contribute right away. Those are hard to come by.

CJ, Dwan, Hardy, Alexander/Applewhite/Keiser (rotation) is fine by me.

#24 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

did you miss the part where i said i think were trading 34 or 28?? we will end up with a 3rd.

You don't trade Stewart (25) and leave yourself with an almost 30 year old RB who may have 2 declining years left. And for the record no one will toss up a 3rd OR the 2nd you think we'll get, for a RB.

#25 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

I don't really care about the number of int's. It's a nice and flashy stat, but it's just one of many. I think we have two playmakers in the Josh's and one of the best cover CB's in the league. We have a gaping hole behind them.

There are 4 areas I think we need to address ASAP.

1. DT
2. FS
3. RG
4. Playmaking WR

On point

DT: D'wan has been proven to be a huge help/force and when you have solid rotations coming in and out, it helps the whole d-line. If we had that mauler DT to put next to D'wan with CJ, Hardy, and Alexander doing their thing when need be, that's potentially a mighty potent line.

Hankins, Star, Short, or Jenkins would all be good additions this coming draft

FS: I really like what I've seen out of Norman at CB even though he has had his rookie pains at times this season. Concerning the secondary as a whole, its obvious FS is the need and it'd be great to get a ballhawk type high energy player.

Reid, McDonald, or Lester would all be good additions

RG: I will admit I underestimated the need for better o-linemen coming into this season and remember why Hang'man has been floating around the league for his career. Guard help is essential and it'd be nice to grab another for sure starter type.

WR: Yep, we really need to find a legit downfield threat that's got some size.

FS, WR, DT, RG

Addressing these four areas is essential this coming offseason and there shouldn't be any reason/excuse by whoever we bring into the gm/coaching slots why they shouldn't be.

#26 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

Manning is a very difficult qb to sack......but if hurried will make mistakes

#27 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Didn't Neblett get a sack? I dont see it in his stats

#28 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Fixed.

I say fix bot the lines first before drafting a S or WR. Remember Cam has to be protected. We need a consistent pass rush. Look at the pressure they got with just 4 guys. Hardy is underrated at the DT position. He plays both. So let me say this. I rather see the O-line fixed. before investing in a DT. Unless he's an impact DT and will contribute right away. Those are hard to come by.

CJ, Dwan, Hardy, Alexander/Applewhite/Keiser (rotation) is fine by me.

while i can agree with your post, the only problem i have is that we need ball moving and ball stopping talent NOW. mainly for the age factor. some of our better players are getting old, and will need to be replace. we cant replace them all at the same time so i think the best course of action is to stick with the line we have (which is fairly effective) and improve the skill posistions as much as we can while smitty and other older players are still viable. while im pretty sure a line build will help us long term, i dont think it will help us win a superbowl next season.

#29 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Even when your dline is good, you ALWAYS invest more into it. Especially when your best DTs are so old. You can never have too much depth and talent in the trenches.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I don't really care about the number of int's. It's a nice and flashy stat, but it's just one of many. I think we have two playmakers in the Josh's and one of the best cover CB's in the league. We have a gaping hole behind them.

There are 4 areas I think we need to address ASAP.

1. DT
2. FS
3. RG
4. Playmaking WR

I might move WR up to second or even first, unless Gettis shows something over the next few weeks. Lafell is solid, Smith is still good, but not what he use to be, and the rest of them are so so. We really need someone who can stretch the field.