Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackofalltrades

Double Standard

52 posts in this topic

RG was hit a few times in just our game where he looked like he was going to need smelling salts.. The Shannies are sailing him out in some dangerous seas..his frame is just not going to take that.

Agree with that, I see him having an injury riddled future.

I dont have a problem with the call on RG3, in fact I think the refs need to protect mobile QBs more. Its fairly obvious guys are coached up to lower the boom on "mobile QBs" when they leave the pocket. If they lower the boom on pocket passers who scramble or come anywhere close to their helmet, fines and penalties ensue. There needs to be a balanace. Vick takes more abuse then any QB in the league, and the refs dont baby him the way they do other QBs.

I think it has more to do with the QB being fair game at that point rather than their mobility.

That flag gets thrown every single time in today's NFL, fair or not. If you haven't noticed, this league is all about protecting the QB and when it appears a QB is stepping out of bounds, defenders must let up or else they will get a 15 yarder. This applies to every quarterback in the league, even pickles.

Very obvious you didn't read the whole OP.

As stated, simply put, perception. Cam looks like he can take a hit, RG3 has ragdoll physics (see RGcopt3r move).

Cam can get in on the act too though (roughing on Fletcher?)

People hate Cam because his attitude. He's confident and arrogant and that pisses them off. In the eyes of most of the NFL that is somehow worse than being a murderer like Ray Lewis or Vick.

terrible call. As I said in the game thread and still stand behind. I support that hit and it was my favorite part of the game. I don't care if it cost us the whole game, I support that hit.

Totally legal and totally warranted.

1 person likes this

Shoot, I have no problem with the hit. That's what we brought TD here to do, originally. I can't wait to see a gif of the hit

This. It was how it looked on the field; it looked brutal. I knew they were going to throw the flag in the moments before impact.

TD Express

Balla-train.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!

Love me some Thomas m***f***ing Davis....What a year he is having

People hate Cam because his attitude. He's confident and arrogant and that pisses them off. In the eyes of most of the NFL that is somehow worse than being a murderer like Ray Lewis or Vick.

Made apparent by the cheap 15 yard penalty he got off of a flop. Indeed.