#106 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

If it was MY kid then of course, but there are a lot of variables there.

#107 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,775 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

I actually asked for the thread to be locked and it wasn't. When someone asked about a zoo, I intentionally said no to qualm it... Didn't work either. I do hope you enjoy your vacation come tomorrow though. What ever will you do not having the ability to talk with all your "friends" on here

I don't know why you're making this about me when it's not... And it's not about you either. If you have nothing to say then keep it moving. You are always trying to grab everyone's attention for no reason.

uhh i've said plenty in this thread, including linking what in the hell the thread is even about and starting an actual discussion while you pranced around begging people to PM you and insisting you couldn't post the story because of feelings and other frailties. you haven't said a damn thing in this thread that mattered.

i'm trying to feel sorry for you and empathize with what you're feeling but you're making it extremely difficult to do so, especially when you're obnoxiously fluttering vacation talk while furiously beating the report button into internet oblivion. maybe this will help you release some of your anger... you're welcome.

#108 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yeah, that story sucks. Maybe I'm just desensitized by the poo I've experienced. I mean, it sucks, makes me sad, and I hate the fact that 1) there isn't more of a fool-proof setup at these zoos where NOTHING like this happens, regardless of the stupidity of people and 2) that a mother would have her baby anywhere but her arms, close to the chest. Your kid will not remember some wild dogs they saw at the zoo. They don't need "a better look".

The dogs shouldn't be put down (minus the one the police HAD to shoot), and I'll be equally pissed if they do. Not only are they being held captive for entertainment, but to get put down because they feel threatened by a foreign threat in their new environment and act on it, that'd be a tragedy.

If that's my kid, I'm diving in there. Some other person's...not quite so enthused about that idea. Certainly wouldn't stand there though. I'd be running to find somebody rather than scream and watch.

#109 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

If it were my kid... No question. I'd do a PLF into that pit and get mauled myself but my kid would have lived.

Also keep in mind his mom was there while dad was off getting a got dog.

Realistically you would probably both die together, but at least you know you died trying.

I'm no longer a mod, so my opinion doesn't mean anything, but there's nothing here that would get PhillyB banned temporarily or otherwise. For someone who's gone out of their way to establish the thickness if their skin as an occupational necessity it doesn't seem to take much to put you in a defensive posture.

#110 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Yeah, that story sucks. Maybe I'm just desensitized by the poo I've experienced. I mean, it sucks, makes me sad, and I hate the fact that 1) there isn't more of a fool-proof setup at these zoos where NOTHING like this happens, regardless of the stupidity of people and 2) that a mother would have her baby anywhere but her arms, close to the chest. Your kid will not remember some wild dogs they saw at the zoo. They don't need "a better look".

The dogs shouldn't be put down (minus the one the police HAD to shoot), and I'll be equally pissed if they do. Not only are they being held captive for entertainment, but to get put down because they feel threatened by a foreign threat in their new environment and act on it, that'd be a tragedy.

If that's my kid, I'm diving in there. Some other person's...not quite so enthused about that idea. Certainly wouldn't stand there though. I'd be running to find somebody rather than scream and watch.

It's almost like you just repeated everything I said...

...weird.

#111 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,775 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

this. jumping in there is a suicide mission... and that kid was probably gone almost instantly. what are you going to do, jump on the backs of a dozen wild dogs all at once and try to stop them? half the people in the vicinity probably had no clue what happened in the first place. and beyond that even, if they attempted to jump in, the nets would've caught them (all the articles mention that they were too taut, probably meant for heavier bodies, and actually bounced the child into the enclosure.) what's the chance of actually getting into the enclosure in the first place?

it's easy to judge and point fingers when you're reading a news article, but a lot different when you're there in person. i don't blame anyone for not trying to plunge in there given all the circumstances as we now know them.

#112 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Realistically you would probably both die together, but at least you know you died trying.

I'm no longer a mod, so my opinion doesn't mean anything, but there's nothing here that would get PhillyB banned temporarily or otherwise. For someone who's gone out of their way to establish the thickness if their skin as an occupational necessity it doesn't seem to take much to put you in a defensive posture.

This dude is constantly outright saying that I'm dumb, stupid, psychotic, and worse. He's long overdue for a vacation. He's on block now cause I just don't feel like dealing with him anymore. Hes not special and should not be immuned to getting banned for personal attacks. There was no reason for him to come into this thread the way he did at all.

#113 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I read every post in the thread and I saw very little of that, but it seems you've taking the appropriate course of action in just blocking him.

#114 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

While I think it was terrible that such a thing happened, I don't think you, or I, or anyone else in this thread or forum for that matter, would have had the balls to jump into a zoo enclosure of wild dogs. The mother is at fault for letting putting her child where she did, and the zoo is at fault for not having a safety net better equipped to catch small children (apparently, the kid bounced twice then out into the pen because of how light he was.) The people there though? They're not to blame.
However, I do agree with you on the dogs being innocent part.

I would have jumped in without thinking twice. If there would have been 3-5 men there opposed to cowards he may have been saved. Could he have still died along with someone else? Maybe. Most likely he is saved & a few grown men get bitten. Those dogs may be wild, aggressive, & dangerous but they aren't stupid. Kick the poo out of them in the mouth & ribs a few times & they will back off. Wild animals like that don't attack just to kill something. They saw a defenseless food source. They wouldn't have risked there lives over it if someone was there to fight back.

Besides, I'd rather die a man than live a coward. Semper Fi.

#115 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Definitely a horrific situation. It really boggles my mind reading the article though... So many things at work. It mentioned the glass walls surrounding the viewing area for the exhibit, yet, it only had 4 foot high rails... SMH. DUMB. Why even leave that margin for error. If there is glass for everyone to see through, the rails should be higher. Also, you would think they would have tested the net, or made sure it was wide enough to not allow any "bounce" off of it.

Just horrible. I'm not sexist, but there is a clear difference between men and women when it comes to the physical. My wife is extremely clumsy and so, I always want to be there with her and our children wherever we go to make sure they're protected. I'm no tough guy or anything, but I'm smart and physically capable of protecting them, and so I do.

In any scenario, even just involving me as an individual, I always think of "what's the worst that can happen and how can I avoid it." It's worked out well and will continue to. When we've gone to the Asheboro zoo, I have held my kids up with both arms against my chest, and never anywhere near any potential hazards. If we can't see the animals, we'll either wait or F it... There's always NatGeo. Really horrible situation all the way around but I just don't understand what the mother was thinking.

#116 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,775 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

This dude is constantly outright saying that I'm dumb, stupid, psychotic, and worse. He's long overdue for a vacation. He's on block now cause I just don't feel like dealing with him anymore. Hes not special and should not be immuned to getting banned for personal attacks. There was no reason for him to come into this thread the way he did at all.

fwiw i've never called you anything worse than psychotic. perhaps reviewing the thread free of your emotions would provide a more balanced perspective on the things you took so heavily, and perhaps would provide significant perspective on why you were perceived the way you were. remember that johari's window link i sent you? that applies here TCF.

#117 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Proudiddy is all over and we have been discussing this whole ordeal all night through PM's... Many people had the info and chose not to post it because of its nature. It's just sad.

#118 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

fwiw i've never called you anything worse than psychotic.

That's all that was needed. And how am I even reading this? Must have only blocked PM's... I can remedy that though

#119 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I just joined last week & don't really know anyone here. That said, OP seems to suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

#120 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

You a shrink?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.