Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

Election Day 2012

191 posts in this topic

Nearly two years of elections, and nothing actually changed. Republicans still control the house, Democrats the Senate and the White House. Maybe republicans will compromise some, and maybe the close election will cause Obama to lose some of the arroganced displayed during his first term, but probably not. Next two years will be just like the last two.

calls for the electoral college to be shitcanned forthcoming

I hate Romney.

The electoral college is terrible.

Don't get me wrong. I voted for Johnson and don't want either of these two fugtards in office, but if the electoral vote is being cast before the popular even comes in, that's some fuged up bullshit. The electoral is meant to represent the populace, with minor alterations made by congressman when they felt it was necessary to override the demands of the general public, or to represent best what they felt the entirety of their State felt, but could not be heard due to traveling distances, illiteracy and lack of education, etc.

If they aren't even regarding the voice of the people at all, then the electoral college has failed. I'm thinking it may be time to go ahead do what someone else said earlier and shitcan it. We have the technology today to make the popular vote carry weight, and have advanced past the need for electoral. Especially if the true purpose of it is being abused like this.

AP has officially called the election for Nate Silver.

no joke. i wonder if he bets on sports or goes to vegas any.

the most expensive election in history. thats alot of cabbage for somebody to spend just to call all those serfs who voted for them dumbasses.

Cha ching! Our six massive media conglomerates must be laughing all the way to the bank. The Citizens United decision is the best thing that ever happened to them.

no joke. i wonder if he bets on sports or goes to vegas any.

He started out as a baseball stats guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made a little money off it

Lol do you know where people in Cali live?

Shyt yeah, they're partying tonight around the Coliseum!

Just explaing to the guy why they can call Cali at 7% vote.

As a non liberal Californian I was never voting for President anyway (55 Electoral votes were already counted), just the Propositions and smaller political races.

Congrats on the re-election President Obama.

Cha ching! Our six massive media conglomerates must be laughing all the way to the bank. The Citizens United decision is the best thing that ever happened to them.

No matter what we will always elect Lex Luthor.

this election wasn't about issues. it really wasn't. it was reality tv.

for either party, ask people who voted for their guy and ask them the top 3 things they liked about that persons platform and i highly doubt they will know.

our collective stupidity has diluted even a popular vote. it's marketing and polling. I heard Axlrod say the reason they stayed out of PA was because of the significantly higher # of registered Dems.

right then and there he is publicly admitting how they viewed this state and for the most part the rest of America. and yes the Reps did their strategy sessions as well.

its battleground states and ad's and spin. its not issues or anything relevant or important. the shockingly sad part is the MILLIONS who actually believe these politicians give a crap about them.

1 person likes this