#61 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,475 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

greensboro.

you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

#62 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

you've obviously never been to Myrtle Beach

#63 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

i work at a hotel bar. i get 20-year-olds flirting, 30-year-olds flirting, 40-year-olds calling me ashton kutcher and flirting, 50-year-olds saying their kids are in college and they're lonely, 60-year-olds flirting...

it really doesn't stop no matter what the age is, and it tends to be magnified in hotel bar situations where wedding rings slide off easily and what happens in greensboro stays in greensboro.

That is sad.

Not you, the people.

#64 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,670 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

That is sad.

Not you, the people.

you see it all, hotel bars are the epicenter of people looking to get away with something sketchy. the one i work in is attached to the third-largest business convention center on the east coast, so we get thousands of people cycling through for various business conferences and conventions, so there's a significant level of invisibility (or the illusion thereof) if you're unhappy in your marriage and out of state for a conference and surrounded by attractive people looking for a lay.

i've seen an incredible amount of married people walking off to the elevators with random people from the bar, wedding rings sliding discreetly off, etc.

#65 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

you see it all, hotel bars are the epicenter of people looking to get away with something sketchy. the one i work in is attached to the third-largest business convention center on the east coast, so we get thousands of people cycling through for various business conferences and conventions, so there's a significant level of invisibility (or the illusion thereof) if you're unhappy in your marriage and out of state for a conference and surrounded by attractive people looking for a lay.

i've seen an incredible amount of married people walking off to the elevators with random people from the bar, wedding rings sliding discreetly off, etc.

My wife and I both worked there back in the late 80s early 90s, me as the F&B Purchasing Agent and her as Front Desk Manager. The stories she can tell you about those kinds of things and then the follow ups where desperate spouses showed up demanding access to the rooms.

Oh my...

Glad to hear with everything that's changed at that property some things are still the same.

#66 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

My wife and I both worked there back in the late 80s early 90s, me as the F&B Purchasing Agent and her as Front Desk Manager. The stories she can tell you about those kinds of things and then the follow ups where desperate spouses showed up demanding access to the rooms.

Oh my...

Glad to hear with everything that's changed at that property some things are still the same.

yeah you were in back when the nightclub was in full swing drawing in guys like michael jordan... a lot more of that sort of thing went on back then. now just about everything happens in the lobby bars, but not to the same extent.

#67 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,408 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm 37 and still get flirted with. You're doing something wrong, OP.

#68 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

F&B... was swanson around back then?

#69 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

how you doin?!

#70 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

F&B... was swanson around back then?

Name doesn't ring a bell. Must have been after my time.

#71 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Name doesn't ring a bell. Must have been after my time.

could be. i'm not really up on the management hierarchy from back then... a lot changed when joe k. passed.

#72 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

I get hit on constantly. Its really annoying. I am not a piece of meat ladies. Sickening.

#73 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I only get hit on by gay men. They are the only type that like bears :(

#74 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, I think I've narrowed it down to the presence thing plus my own increased introvertedness (apparently that's not a word) and I don't do any activities or go anywhere that increases the chances of being flirted with (bars, clubs, etc.).

I don't project myself as single and approachable as I may have appeared to be at 21 with one child, whether I knew it or not.

TBH, this has also brought me back to my idea that women love an A-Hole. Not necessarily one that acts that way towards them, but it's a degree of self-assuredness that borders on arrogance. I used to have a lot of that... Now, I view myself as an uncool (to anyone outside of my family), out of my prime, father of 3, who is getting ready to make his first soccer mom van purchase.

Self-perception FTW.

This thread has been therapeutic though, lol.

#75 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

this thread would have had much better responses if hot women actually posted on message boards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com