#61 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,694 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I always had a plan for an epic TD celebration, but due to hardships and family issues, I wasn't able to stay with our team once the school year began, so I wasn't able to perform it. Hopefully, Smitty will get this...

So, you score a TD. You take the ball, place it between your thighs, get in a squat position, then start shaking your legs and slowly push the ball out behind you as if you're dropping a deuce. When you're done, take your towel or wristband and proceed to wipe. Standup, pull your fake pants up, turn around and flush your imaginary toilet. Then have a teammate spin the football below.

You're welcome.

if armanti edwards ever scores a touchdown he may as well go ahead and do this and go down as a legend for SOMEthing

#62 P2808

P2808

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Celebrations have always been against the rules. I played in the 80s and it was know you didnt dance or spike the ball

#63 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

For all who think its excessive, I could agree.... BUT unfortunately the kids know this rule. A kid on my son's football team was ejected from a game during the season, and the rule stated he then was required for sitting on the next one for excessive celebration (and maybe taunting, I am not sure). He busted open a run on a kickoff return and ran the last 40yards holding up his hand, #1 etc. To me right when he did it, I thought he was a dumb a**.

#64 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,261 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

meet the kid sat, at a little league football game while he was holding the chains. and he is a good kid. he loves the game, and allowed his emotions to get the best of him. West Meck havent won a playoff game since 94, let the kid have some fun and show some emotion.

and he will be playing college football, has several D1 offers already

#65 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I understand no taunting rules but I completely disagree with no celebrations. Let the refs make the call and or distinguihsment between celebration or taunting.

#66 wcuCATZ

wcuCATZ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

http://t.co/G4Kv4of4
Who thinks that ref was Saints or Redskins fan?

Bama' fan. Saints fans have jumped off the bandwagon, and Redskins fans are to busy riding RG3's jock strap to care about Cam. But damn are those Bama' fans bitter.

#67 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Celebrations in the NFL-- that's ok. The purpose of the league is entertainment.

Celebrations in high school-- celebrate by high fiving and hugging teammates. That won't draw a flag.

#68 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I understand no taunting rules but I completely disagree with no celebrations. Let the refs make the call and or distinguihsment between celebration or taunting.

The rules linked earlier already do.

He broke the rules, so I don't have much issue with it, although I'd agree ejection is too much. Penalty flag should have been enough.

And I have no issue with making rules against this sort of thing at the high school level. Zod's right. At that age it's better to teach sportsmanship. Granted, some guys will never learn it no matter what you do.

#69 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The rules linked earlier already do.

He broke the rules, so I don't have much issue with it, although I'd agree ejection is too much. Penalty flag should have been enough.

And I have no issue with making rules against this sort of thing at the high school level. Zod's right. At that age it's better to teach sportsmanship. Granted, some guys will never learn it no matter what you do.

I don't have a problem with teaching sportsmanship, especially at that age but teaching sportsmanship doesn't or shouldn't mean that they aren't allowed to celebrate after getting pumped up to reach their goal. Instead of discouraging celebrations, enforse positive ones!

#70 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,619 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

I don't have a problem with teaching sportsmanship, especially at that age but teaching sportsmanship doesn't or shouldn't mean that they aren't allowed to celebrate after getting pumped up to reach their goal. Instead of discouraging celebrations, enforse positive ones!

From an earlier post, the rules governing celebrations... (link)

#71 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

yeah, I think the rules are too strict to keep a hold on kids that are just excited. Butler WR Lemay has had to sit multiple weeks for a taunt against Independence in the last week of the regular season. The rules just go overboard and can really effect a teams future in many cases, lucky for Butler they are still the best team in the state and #6 Nationally.

#72 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

From an earlier post, the rules governing celebrations... (link)

Link would not open, care to give a brief explanation.

#73 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Link would not open, care to give a brief explanation.

The NCHSAA is committed to sportsmanship as a point of emphasis and a strategy for fair play. Officials must be prepared to recognize fouls and enforce them properly. The following guidelines will help officials make proper decisions regarding unsporting acts.

A - Do not be overly technical in applying unsporting penalties
B - Do allow for brief, spontaneous, emotional reactions at the end of a play
C - Beyond brief and spontaneous displays of energy, officials must flag acts that are clearly prolonged, self-­-congratulatory, self-­-glorifying, excessive, demeaning and taunting to opponents, and/or that make a mockery of the game

The following list is intended to assist officials with making their decision regarding the legality or illegality of player actions. It is not possible to comprehensively be exact in writing what should and should not be called/allowed. Remember, the key is judgment and that’s what good officials have.

LEGAL ACTS

• Cross the goal line and point to the sky
  • Cross the goal line and pray for a short time
  • Diving directly towards the pylon when pursued by defender
  • High fives with team mates
  • Jump and chest bumping with team mates
  • Spontaneous celebration shared with team mates
  • Celebration done in the team box area
  • Cross the goal line and raise team mate in the air
  • Raising the ball over the head when crossing the goal line
ILLEGAL ACTS
  • One or more back or forward flips
  • Dive in to the end zone or alter stride as they approach goal line with no opponents nearby
  • Using profanity, insulting or vulgar language and/or gestures
  • Celebrating by dancing in the endzone
  • Spike the football in to the ground after score or goodplay
  • Dunk or attempt to dunk the football over the crossbar
  • Kick,throw,spin or carry the football any distance that requires an official to retrieve it
  • Make hand gestures such as choking,throat slashing,pounding one’s chest or pointing a finger like a gun
  • Go into the stands to interact with spectators
  • Point back or wave at an opponent
  • Team mates engaged in a choreographed display of celebration
  • Derogatory remarks directed at officials

My guess is the ref tossed him over the bolded & underlined part.

#74 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Wow! That suckss

#75 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 2,940 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

My guess is the ref tossed him over the bolded & underlined part.

I don't see an explanation under illegal acts that's justifies being ejected from a game for performing the Cam Newton celebration. The ripping the shirt open jester is more of an immediate celebration description under legal acts.
As I said, I don't have a problem with rules or teaching sportsmanship, I do however have a problem with not injecting common sense within the rules.
there is nothing in the superman TD celebration that constitutes such a punishment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.