• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

I don't see an explanation under illegal acts that's justifies being ejected from a game for performing the Cam Newton celebration. The ripping the shirt open jester is more of an immediate celebration description under legal acts.
As I said, I don't have a problem with rules or teaching sportsmanship, I do however have a problem with not injecting common sense within the rules.
there is nothing in the superman TD celebration that constitutes such a punishment.

Honestly I'm probably not the best person to explain why they chucked the kid simply because if I was in charge Id ban any and all celebrations that take place in the field of play.

You want to celebrate? Do it in the team box with your team mates, but anything that takes place on the field would be subject to at least a 15 yard penalty and an ejection if it was flagrant enough.

Is it overkill? Maybe, but its also the only rule that would make it fair across the board and remove and judgment calls on whats acceptable and whats not.

#77 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

If they don't want him to celebrate, stop him from scoring.

Man our nation is becoming soft as hell.

High School kids can't go through humilitywhen they're young, so when they get into the real world, they will commit suicide or do some other type of stupid shyt.

#78 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,767 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

It was a penalty...flag him for it.

Was it a repeat offense? If not, I think ejection was a bit much UNLESS there was some more to it than just the Superman gesture. Words, stares, etc. Referees are to levy punishment AND to keep control of a football game from getting out of hand. Maybe other things were done/said leading up to this and this was the last straw. If not...I think the punishment was excessive.

#79 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

kid wants attention and the dumbass ref facilitated it by putting his name in the national media.

wtg zebra

#80 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,375 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

the kid should be expelled

#81 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't see an explanation under illegal acts that's justifies being ejected from a game for performing the Cam Newton celebration. The ripping the shirt open jester is more of an immediate celebration description under legal acts.
As I said, I don't have a problem with rules or teaching sportsmanship, I do however have a problem with not injecting common sense within the rules.
there is nothing in the superman TD celebration that constitutes such a punishment.

You send me a link amd all you have is a guess and a very poor one at that.

#82 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

If they don't want him to celebrate, stop him from scoring.

Man our nation is becoming soft as hell.

High School kids can't go through humilitywhen they're young, so when they get into the real world, they will commit suicide or do some other type of stupid shyt.

This phenomenon is being investigated very seriously in the military. Suicides in young adults have climbed dramatically. It seems that young adults are not as resilient when it comes to adversity. I know people feel stuff like this is arrogant or whatever. But seriously, who is helped by ejecting the kid. The adult world is not fair and there is really only two lessons being taught regardless of what the adults who wrote the rules meant.

Lesson 1-No matter how good you do you cant enjoy it too much because if you do someone will try and take it away.

Lesson 2- If you are not good at something it doesn't matter because there is nothing special about winning.

it is not up to the refs or the fans to impose on the athletes their particular sense of morality. Impact vs Intent.

#83 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Honestly I'm probably not the best person to explain why they chucked the kid simply because if I was in charge Id ban any and all celebrations that take place in the field of play.

You want to celebrate? Do it in the team box with your team mates, but anything that takes place on the field would be subject to at least a 15 yard penalty and an ejection if it was flagrant enough.

Is it overkill? Maybe, but its also the only rule that would make it fair across the board and remove and judgment calls on whats acceptable and whats not.

I respectfully disagree. I don't have a problem with celebrating in the endzone immediately after a score. Is it unsportsmanlike, NO. Can it be yes and thats why I believe that the rules should be in place to control the typ of celebration, not kick kids out of the game for it. Players are pumped up trying to reach their goal on every drive, the endzone. I see no reason for dening them a brief moment to exhale, as long as brief celebratory moment is not contridictory to displaying sportsmanship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com