Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it worth a few flags?

64 posts in this topic

Posted

eh, it's week 9. he's been hit a few times already. not like we are the first team to say "hey let's be aggressive and remind the old guy what it feels like to get hit."

Are you more likely to wear a 36 year old Peyton Manning physically or mentally?

Posted

Are you more likely to wear a 36 year old Peyton Manning physically or mentally?

physically for sure. i'm just saying that i don't think the panthers would be the first to have this idea. before the seattle game everyone said "just stack the box to stop marshawn lynch. russell wilson sucks. victory panthers." that's what every team tried. my point is that many teams have probably tried to rattle peyton physically. the result? 300.5 yds/game, 20 tds, 6 ints, 108.6 QB rating (leading the league). not saying we shouldn't try to give him a shot if afforded the opportunity, but we should do that with every QB in every game.

Posted

Is it worth the criminal investigation and arrests if the panthers poison him? You know, not enough to hurt or kill him, just enough to make him sleepy for the game?

Posted

Nothing wrong with playing aggressively, just don't turn into the Saints, stay classy Panthers fans.

was gonna say something like that, so thanks for doing it

Posted

someone needs to tell Hardy that Peyton disrespected him

Posted

Yeah, let's rough him up so they do they same to Cam (Vick style). Seems brilliant.

Posted

We will....and it will be awsome. We're runin down hill and pickin up speed, Peyton is in our way.

Posted

Is it worth a few flags to get in an extra knockdown or three against Manning just to remind his body how it feels? I'm not saying blatantly helmet to helmet or hurt him, but just a few legit knock downs....maybe a bit late.

Is that cheating?

No it's not worth 15 yards and automatic first downs against one the best QB's of all time. Our defense will have to fight every single down... Dumb plays simply can not happen if we are to win this game

Posted

yes, absolutely. speeding that clock up in his head will ultimately force incompletions and mess up the rhythm of their offense, which is certainly worth a flag or two for overly-zealous play.

Posted

The Denver tackles haven't allowed a pressure in 3 games., as well as the least sacks in the league. Hard to expect them to give up more than one hit. if any, to the panthers.

Posted

I hope we McNabb him. That'll force Fox to actually call his own plays, and we all know his tecmo playbook.

Posted

No it's not worth 15 yards and automatic first downs against one the best QB's of all time. Our defense will have to fight every single down... Dumb plays simply can not happen if we are to win this game

the blue print for beating manning has always been to get in his head, rush him, make him uncomfortable.

you try and play him without doing those things and he will dismantle you.