Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat McCrory is the new Governor

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Like the man, and what he had to say.

This will have a bigger impact on all of our day to day lives than the President.

Thank God.

Posted

It is my understanding that McCrory plans to put the ax to a lot of the state agencies... a lot of redundancy and stuff that private companies and sub-contractors can do.

I know that the state has (as part of NCDOT) a 25 person department that does exactly what my company does. They also have several airplanes and a $2M aerial camera that they don't need.

Posted

At least one state got it right. Good job NC!

Posted

It is my understanding that McCrory plans to put the ax to a lot of the state agencies... a lot of redundancy and stuff that private companies and sub-contractors can do.

I know that the state has (as part of NCDOT) a 25 person department that does exactly what my company does. They also have several airplanes and a $2M aerial camera that they don't need.

This is something that I hope for, but doubt will ever come to be. Once you are hired by the government, it's almost impossible to get fired.

People forget that we are a right to work state.

Posted

I really hope they go to a toll road based system on some of the interstates. Then maybe they can reduce the gas taxes a bit.

Posted

A genuinely good guy and one of the biggest Panthers fans you'll ever meet.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pat Mac is an awesome dude. Doesn't take himself too seriously and always been approachable. How you interact with everyday people tells me all I need to know about you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Extremely classy acceptance speech.

I've met him several times and every single time he stopped to say hello and sometimes even a conversation. You know how people always say "which politician would you want to have a drink with?", well he is one that you could. He does like to have fun.

So happy for him and NC

Posted

My concern with him is that the legislature will push him to a radical right-wing agenda.

Posted

i wouldn't worry about that. i mean you can say that about dalton and far left stuff but Pat is far and away the right person for the job and will fix some ongoing "potholes" the state has had and do some bold things.

Posted

I didn't know anything about him other than he was mayor here, and didn't seem to make any huge mistakes.

But seeing everyones reaction here has me encouraged ! Thanks for the feedback.

Is he fiscally sound and a balanced budget kind of guy ? Plz tell me yes.