Photo
- - - - -

If the Panthers end up a top five defense......

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

He's saying they fire RR and bring him back as the DC.....

I'm not saying they should do that. I'm saying its not out of the realm of possibilities if he ends up with a better record than last year and the players want him. Really all depends on who we get at GM. I'm not endorsing the idea.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'm not saying they should do that. I'm saying its not out of the realm of possibilities if he ends up with a better record than last year and the players want him. Really all depends on who we get at GM. I'm not endorsing the idea.

Sorry should of worded it differently...but he thought you meant to keep him as the HC, with that record and that's not what you were eluding too.

#18 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I want to keep Rivera and staff.

#19 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • 8,036 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sorry should of worded it differently...but he thought you meant to keep him as the HC, with that record and that's not what you were eluding too.

Looking back, the way I worded it I was asking for it haha

cool cool

cool cool cool

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Didn't Meeks go from being our DC back to our Secondary coach?

Yup

#21 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Its a lot harder to be the HDIC to a coordinator. Plus Meeks left and didn't get a DC job offer and came back for the lesser job. Probably to best offer he had. He stayed one season and he was gone. The ONLY way and I mean ONLY way I could see RR coming back as the DC, is if he can 't find a job anywhere else. And that includes small jobs, like LB coach or D-line coach.

#22 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

prol set our defense back a lil...should have made a clean break

#23 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

People need to get the RR demotion idea out of their heads. First, has that ever even happened? And second, imagine your boss fires you tomorrow, but then asks you to stick around for a lesser job/less pay...you're doing it? Get real.

Didn't something very similar happen to Jim Zorn when he was the Redskins coach?

Seems like he was relieved of his head coaching duties and was given a really silly title and demotion.

#24 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,941 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Regardless of what our record is at the end of the year, I'd say tht Rivera needs to go. He's not a good HC, he's far too passive and has done a poor job until pressured. We should've been playing this way on defense all year and our offense should've picked up where we left off last year, not change the entire scheme. But when it's all said and done, our new GM will decide.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Demotions of assistants happen, but even those are rare. Demotions of head coaches? Pretty much never.

Besides the fact that most guys would be too proud to accept it, doing so saddles a new coach with an existing DC that he may not want. New HCs tend to want to choose their own staff.

As to the question, if the Panthers have a top 5 defense but a losing record, I'd say the current staff stays intact at least at the top. Rivera may want to make a few changes in the assistant ranks.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,416 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

I honestly want to keep the staff around another year and have wanted to all along. Wouldn't mind a new OC though unless Chud has figured out how to run the offense properly and doesn't go back to the option read crap

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Positions I could see changing - OL Coach, ST Coach

#28 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

The rest of the way Rivera is fighting for his life here as the head coach. I wonder if he has something to do with the improvement of our defense...or if the guys are just more motivated then they were before....I'd like to see another offensive guy brought in because Chud to me is just lost in space this season...sorry...dont have time for this Chud...Panthers are moving in a new direction....i think we are finally seeing some identity...a team that plays off emotion and fire....and Chud is into trickery and hocus pocus read option football...not gonna fly around these parts anymore....this team needs a battering ram type offense lead by Cam and our RB's....just punishing defenders and leaving their bloody bodies in a pile of carnage..

#29 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I'm sure he'd loooove to hang around after being demoted/fired.

Yeah. It happens all the time in the NFL.
Edit: didn't see this was addressed second page.
If we get at least 6 wins and a top 5 D, I say keep Rivera another year. Chud has to go, however. He has cost us this season.

#30 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,416 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Positions I could see changing - OL Coach, ST Coach

Oline coach has been great IMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.