33 replies to this topic

#11 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Isnt this why Rivera was brought in? The man got Chicago to a top defensive unit, and turned SDs D from worst to first in 2 years....

Love havin a scary defense, I know its still early but dammit, Im assumin a little consistency, buildin each week on the last. Let our defense get better, let Cam & Co enjoy their time on the side, might give them a boost knowin the other side of the ball got their backs....

Not even thinkin playoffs, but in the words of the late, great... "Just win, baby..."

#12 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Perhaps players just thought they had to do just enough and they could get a big paycheck from Hurney..Now that is thrown for a loop they actually have to live up to some sort of expectations.

#13 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• LocationGreensboro, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Perhaps players just thought they had to do just enough and they could get a big paycheck from Hurney..Now that is thrown for a loop they actually have to live up to some sort of expectations.

I'm going with this one.

#14 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• LocationStatesville
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Rivera finally is getting this team to what he wanted from the first time he stepped off the plane in Charlotte. Smash mouth, lunch pail carrying, don't stop until the scoreboard shows 0:00 time left. Darn, even the O-line is smashing. :goodjob:

I love it, my kind of football. :jig: Keep it going!

#15 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

It's interesting how one win can completely change peoples attitudes toward the team. The days leading up to the Redsins game the attitude was as negative as towards every aspect of this team as I have ever seen. Now people aren't calling for every coaches head in every thread and instead of discussing the top draft pick are referring to playoff runs.

I think that is the definition of manic.

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

It's interesting how one win can completely change peoples attitudes toward the team. The days leading up to the Redsins game the attitude was as negative as towards every aspect of this team as I have ever seen. Now people aren't calling for every coaches head in every thread and instead of discussing the top draft pick are referring to playoff runs.

I think that is the definition of manic fanatic.

ftfy :)

#17 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I agree and I am so glad the read option isn't the basis of our run offense anymore. If they can work in some more pro offense style run plays and play action pass plays along with bootleg pass plays we should really see our offense start to hold their own too.

I think that this was the reason that everybody was so flat. Look at Cam's demeanor in those early press conferences. Also, Charles Johnson's reaction when they fired Hurney. The philosophy has changed from bend don't break on defense to aggressive play. On offense, we are running a decent pro-style offense. That is what people were afraid of with Chud. Nobody was scared of that read option crap. We have road grader line-man and good backs. Like you said, when you roll with the play-action after gashing them on the ground it keeps teams off balance and the offense will get to eat too.

#18 logic1977

logic1977

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I've started to wonder whether Rivera didn't have the ability to truly motivate guys while Hurney was here.

Perhaps guys knew they could run crying to Hurney and/or Richardson, but Hurney's firing changed that.

It's all theory, of course, but it kind of makes sense.

this is what I think as we'll. Hurney was everyone blankie. I think it goes back to the leadership issues as well. Our vets honestly are satisfied with losing because its what they know. Hurley around meant things would be the same.

We have less franchise guys on d so you are seeing the change their first. On O I think we need someone to step on steve and gross before you see the O respond similarly. When your "vets" all point to the second year an instead of stepping up it says something.

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

QBs flying in the crowd. LOL Hell yeah!

#20 iampantherman

iampantherman

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

I've been as big of a negative nancy as anyone about this team, but I agree. It's not just any identity that pleases me recently- it's a toughness of mentality that seems to be emerging within this squad. We seem to have a bit of an attitude/ a chip on our collective shoulder. I hope it's not just a mirage that will fade away on closer inspection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users