Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Wanting to Vent

29 posts in this topic

I wish facebook was around after Clintons re-election. I swear we could just copy and paste the same exact things being said.

So you agree that opposition to Obama has nothing to do with his race? Good, glad to hear it. :)

So you agree that opposition to Obama has nothing to do with his race? Good, glad to hear it. :)

I've always said it didn't.

Sure, maybe there is a fringe 5% or so that it does, but by in large his race isn't relevant.

1 person likes this

They did a fairly scientific survey and summized that if Obama wasn't black he would gain 2% and Romney would lose 3% of the vote. That's sizable and significant, but by no means is it the bulk of the opposition.

People are lazy & wanted things handed to them. I know girls who voted for Obama because he's gonna give them birth control pills. I know students who voted for Obama simply so they can continue to get huge pell grants instead of having to take out loans & pay for their own education. I'm sure the 43 million on welfare voted for Obama so they can continue to get paid for sitting on their ass.

It is funny that you say this because the states that voted for Romney are the ones that receive the most aid from the government.

2 people like this

and least educated but i digest

It is funny that you say this because the states that voted for Romney are the ones that receive the most aid from the government.

Unless you count the bailouts, in which case I think NY, Michigan and Ohio all went blue.

and NC who went Red

Unless you count the bailouts, in which case I think NY, Michigan and Ohio all went blue.

Were they paid back with interest?

People are lazy & wanted things handed to them. I know girls who voted for Obama because he's gonna give them birth control pills. I know students who voted for Obama simply so they can continue to get huge pell grants instead of having to take out loans & pay for their own education. I'm sure the 43 million on welfare voted for Obama so they can continue to get paid for sitting on their ass.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government strong enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Actually, Gerald Ford said that, not Jefferson:

According to Monticello researchers and Jefferson scholars who maintain the online Jefferson Encyclopedia: "We have never found such a statement in Jefferson’s writings. As far as we know, this statement actually originates with [Republican President] Gerald R. Ford, who said, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have," in an address to a joint session of Congress on August 12, 1974."

Were they paid back with interest?

my comment was not specific to the auto bailout, or this president. Just a general comment.

States with large rural areas tend to get more money per capita in large part because that is were military bases and large national parks are at. I guess we could put ballistic missile bases in Manhatten, but New Yorkers might not like that.

But of the top 5 states that get the most federal money per capita, four went for Obama this time around.

New Mexico

Hawaii

Maryland

Virginia

Alaska

States with large rural areas tend to get more money per capita in large part because that is were military bases and large national parks are at. I guess we could put ballistic missile bases in Manhatten, but New Yorkers might not like that.

But of the top 5 states that get the most federal money per capita, four went for Obama this time around.

New Mexico

Hawaii

Maryland

Virginia

Alaska

it might screw up the subways a bit... unless they ran through the silos... that would be freaking cool.

1 person likes this