28 replies to this topic

#16 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

People are lazy & wanted things handed to them. I know girls who voted for Obama because he's gonna give them birth control pills. I know students who voted for Obama simply so they can continue to get huge pell grants instead of having to take out loans & pay for their own education. I'm sure the 43 million on welfare voted for Obama so they can continue to get paid for sitting on their ass.

It is funny that you say this because the states that voted for Romney are the ones that receive the most aid from the government.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

and least educated but i digest

#18 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,509 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

It is funny that you say this because the states that voted for Romney are the ones that receive the most aid from the government.

Unless you count the bailouts, in which case I think NY, Michigan and Ohio all went blue.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

and NC who went Red

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Unless you count the bailouts, in which case I think NY, Michigan and Ohio all went blue.

Were they paid back with interest?

#21 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

People are lazy & wanted things handed to them. I know girls who voted for Obama because he's gonna give them birth control pills. I know students who voted for Obama simply so they can continue to get huge pell grants instead of having to take out loans & pay for their own education. I'm sure the 43 million on welfare voted for Obama so they can continue to get paid for sitting on their ass.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government strong enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Actually, Gerald Ford said that, not Jefferson:

According to Monticello researchers and Jefferson scholars who maintain the online Jefferson Encyclopedia: "We have never found such a statement in Jefferson’s writings. As far as we know, this statement actually originates with [Republican President] Gerald R. Ford, who said, "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have," in an address to a joint session of Congress on August 12, 1974."

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,509 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Were they paid back with interest?

my comment was not specific to the auto bailout, or this president. Just a general comment.

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

States with large rural areas tend to get more money per capita in large part because that is were military bases and large national parks are at. I guess we could put ballistic missile bases in Manhatten, but New Yorkers might not like that.

But of the top 5 states that get the most federal money per capita, four went for Obama this time around.

New Mexico
Hawaii
Maryland
Virginia
Alaska

#24 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

States with large rural areas tend to get more money per capita in large part because that is were military bases and large national parks are at. I guess we could put ballistic missile bases in Manhatten, but New Yorkers might not like that.

But of the top 5 states that get the most federal money per capita, four went for Obama this time around.

New Mexico
Hawaii
Maryland
Virginia
Alaska

it might screw up the subways a bit... unless they ran through the silos... that would be freaking cool.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

and least educated but i digest

Obama won the high school drop out vote, while Romney won the college graduate vote, at least according to the exit polls.

Obama did win the post graduate vote (otherwise known as those that want to stay in school so they don't have to work)

:)

#26 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Gonna be funny when the country implodes on itself when all the Pensions and Gov't programs promised cannot be kept running. Whats going to happen then? 6 trillion in debt in 4 years. 6+ more in 4 more years. Does anybody not see the writing on the wall? You will soon enough. Then i will be here to tell you, I told you so.

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Gonna be funny when the country implodes on itself when all the Pensions and Gov't programs promised cannot be kept running. Whats going to happen then? 6 trillion in debt in 4 years. 6+ more in 4 more years. Does anybody not see the writing on the wall? You will soon enough. Then i will be here to tell you, I told you so.

Been hearing that for 30 years.

#28 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Been hearing that for 30 years.

So that makes it OK?

Slavery is fine....it's been this way for thousands of years.

Said plantation owner in 1800.

#29 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

If he is such a great commander in chief then why is Iraq worse off than we found it? The transition in afghanistan is a joke cause evry one we try to transition to turns around and shoots us in the face. iran is far more screwed up than ever and look how he just ignored syria for a year and a half. And not to mention the nightmare he created in lybia. And with all the executive orders he signed in his first term do you really think he even plans on recognizing that we even have a congress anymore? This guy has failed in every aspect of the job but in the spirit of his entire administration, he just got a bail out for those failures. tyrone woods targeted the mortar launches with a weaponized apparatus. that is the only way he would be able to operate the equipment. Which means he sealed his own fate by giving away his position. well the administration sealed his fate when they denied support from what was obviously a weaponized drone. A drone they decided to use to watch him and his partners die. You can say alot about obammey but he is no commander in chief, and the military vote surely reflects that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.