Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawnyBlaze

NFL.com midseason awards

34 posts in this topic

our comeback player may take out their comeback player :hocky:

1 person likes this

TD should win comeback player, but he won't. He's been out 2 1/2 seasons, Manning only 1. Three rehabs are harder than one, even if Manning was out AP would win with just 1 ACL tear. Maybe its a "no brainer" TD doesn't win, but he deserves it over the other guys.

Manning's comeback is as significant as Davis', IMO and he's a more popular player in a marquee position.

TD deserves it, but so does Manning.

I'm sorry, I just don't think coming back from nerve damage in the shoulder is nearly as significant as 3 torn ACLs in a row. I'm not arguing that I think TD *will* win, obviously the "more popular player in a marquee position" is the deciding factor, but that doesn't make it right. That shouldn't be a factor.

If a long snapper came back from being paralyzed below the waist, had a miraculous full recovery, and Tom Brady came back from missing a year due to a yeast infection, I'm sure Brady would win it. Doesn't mean he should.

2 people like this

Wow I can't believe that many people are chosing Chandler over Kuechly. Guess a lot of them loves "UFC" Jon Bones Jones.

Nor should he. I love TD, but Manning will probably win it in a clean sweep.

Sorry I have to disagree. Yes Manning is having one hell of a season after his neck injury. But to come back after three ACL tears on the same knee, thats just unheard of and has never happened. Let alone after 2 ACL tears.

Manning's comeback is as significant as Davis', IMO and he's a more popular player in a marquee position.

TD deserves it, but so does Manning.

Remember now, Manning had votes for MVP last year also when he didn't even play a snap. No way anyone is going to beat Manning.

Just the fact that TD is coming off of 3 acls on the same knee should give him the win

Just the fact that TD is coming off of 3 acls on the same knee should give him the win

You think any smart person would know that. But in sports, it's all about the credential. Manning was in consideration as a MVP last year while sitting on his @ss.

Thomas Davis really should win because what he has done is unprecedented. Never been done before. Might not happen again for a long long time.