Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two States completely Decriminalize Marijuana.

42 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have no problem with it. Let some states try out certain social issues and see how they fare. A little trial and error is worth it; as long as the states have the power, and not DC.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1352296966' post='1986003']

the war on drugs: the insane, wasteful, pointless boondoggle "fiscal conservatives" can get behind.
[/quote]

im not supporting the war on drugs needle nose.

im saying that being able to smoke will be helpful when there is no real money to throw around. take off your bias visor so you can see bettter. lol

Posted · Report post

This just in. Large numbers of Huddle members planning to move to Colorado. :)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1352296449' post='1985989']

Well obviously, but he was referring to a drug screen. And seeing as how marijuana can stay in your system for up to 30 days, there's very little way to prove whether you partook legally at home, or at the job.
[/quote]

I just asked the person in charge of drug screening/hiring for my company.

The way it works in our offices that are located in states with medical marijuana, if you have a prescription you are ok if you test positive. It is up to their manager as to whether it makes sense to put that employee in a safety sensitive position. It is also up to the employee to inform his/her manager about his/her prescription, because we can't ask on our own due to HIPPA regulations.

Our clients are very demanding when it comes to drug testing. We just got an edict from a client demanding even more sensitive testing levels. So, you could have a prescription for anything, but you might find yourself being excluded from working certain jobs due to client requirements or safety considerations. Don't think it would be a good idea for a bulldozer operator to be stoned, or a pipeline guy, or a truck driver, etc.

Posted · Report post

I feel like the feds will drop the hammer on this.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tensor' timestamp='1352297575' post='1986021']
I feel like the feds will drop the hammer on this.
[/quote]

Riots. I have a feeling that if the Feds crack down on this shortly after it was passed by their states popular vote, there will be serious ramifications against the federal government.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1352297373' post='1986014']

im not supporting the war on drugs needle nose.

im saying that being able to smoke will be helpful when there is no real money to throw around. take off your bias visor so you can see bettter. lol
[/quote]

yeah i'm sure that's what you meant

Posted · Report post

does pstall seem like someone's "cool dad" to anybody else.

like he'd say something like "yeah i smoked a doobie or two listening to dark side of the moon back in my wild college days"

Posted · Report post

I don't care either way....just so long as everyone doesn't get so damn mellow that they forget to make noise at the Hawk's games!!!!

Posted · Report post

naw actually pstall used to be a huge druggie in his hayday. Now he is just an old fogie :P

Posted · Report post

[quote name='logic1977' timestamp='1352295915' post='1985972']

Alcohol is legal, but if you are found drinking at work many employers will fire you. I would expect this to work the same way.

This isn't a brand new concept, so a few issues will need to be worked through, but it shouldn't be all that hard.
[/quote]
[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1352296449' post='1985989']

Well obviously, but he was referring to a drug screen. And seeing as how marijuana can stay in your system for up to 30 days, there's very little way to prove whether you partook legally at home, or at the job.
[/quote]

Thank you sir.

Yes I was referring to the idea that now according to the state of Colorado you are perfectly within your rights to break out the vape on a Friday afternoon and get completely baked while listening to Dark Side of the Moon and watching The Wizard of Oz. But if you go to work on Monday and run a forklift into a pallet of wine in the warehouse and your boss sends you for a drug screen because insurance demands it what happens when you test positive?

The screen cant determine if your toked up that morning or two days ago.

Compound the issue by putting the insurance company in a state that doesn't allow for the recreational use of cannabis.

Like I said, very interesting ground these states have ventured into.

Posted · Report post

Buy Jack in the Box stock asap.

[yt]r5rlbOqQq7w[/yt]