Photo
- - - - -

Two States completely Decriminalize Marijuana.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Well obviously, but he was referring to a drug screen. And seeing as how marijuana can stay in your system for up to 30 days, there's very little way to prove whether you partook legally at home, or at the job.

I just asked the person in charge of drug screening/hiring for my company.

The way it works in our offices that are located in states with medical marijuana, if you have a prescription you are ok if you test positive. It is up to their manager as to whether it makes sense to put that employee in a safety sensitive position. It is also up to the employee to inform his/her manager about his/her prescription, because we can't ask on our own due to HIPPA regulations.

Our clients are very demanding when it comes to drug testing. We just got an edict from a client demanding even more sensitive testing levels. So, you could have a prescription for anything, but you might find yourself being excluded from working certain jobs due to client requirements or safety considerations. Don't think it would be a good idea for a bulldozer operator to be stoned, or a pipeline guy, or a truck driver, etc.

#17 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I feel like the feds will drop the hammer on this.

#18 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Riots. I have a feeling that if the Feds crack down on this shortly after it was passed by their states popular vote, there will be serious ramifications against the federal government.

#19 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

im not supporting the war on drugs needle nose.

im saying that being able to smoke will be helpful when there is no real money to throw around. take off your bias visor so you can see bettter. lol

yeah i'm sure that's what you meant

#20 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,343 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

does pstall seem like someone's "cool dad" to anybody else.

like he'd say something like "yeah i smoked a doobie or two listening to dark side of the moon back in my wild college days"

#21 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I don't care either way....just so long as everyone doesn't get so damn mellow that they forget to make noise at the Hawk's games!!!!

#22 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

naw actually pstall used to be a huge druggie in his hayday. Now he is just an old fogie :P

#23 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Alcohol is legal, but if you are found drinking at work many employers will fire you. I would expect this to work the same way.

This isn't a brand new concept, so a few issues will need to be worked through, but it shouldn't be all that hard.

Well obviously, but he was referring to a drug screen. And seeing as how marijuana can stay in your system for up to 30 days, there's very little way to prove whether you partook legally at home, or at the job.

Thank you sir.

Yes I was referring to the idea that now according to the state of Colorado you are perfectly within your rights to break out the vape on a Friday afternoon and get completely baked while listening to Dark Side of the Moon and watching The Wizard of Oz. But if you go to work on Monday and run a forklift into a pallet of wine in the warehouse and your boss sends you for a drug screen because insurance demands it what happens when you test positive?

The screen cant determine if your toked up that morning or two days ago.

Compound the issue by putting the insurance company in a state that doesn't allow for the recreational use of cannabis.

Like I said, very interesting ground these states have ventured into.

#24 Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh

__Ready To Win__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Buy Jack in the Box stock asap.

#25 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

People will still buy weed from dealers vs. the state run stores. Dealers will be cheaper.

Guys on the radio this morning said the state is going to tax this at every stage, like 25% tax on the growers, 25% tax on sellers, etc. So dealers may wind up being cheaper. Granted I heard this on Woody and Wilcox this morning and I don't smoke weed, so what do I know? BUT if that is true, the states may make a fortune on tax revenue.

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

As someone's pointed out...it's decriminalized doesn't mean it's not de-fireable or held accountable.

#27 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Thank you sir.

Yes I was referring to the idea that now according to the state of Colorado you are perfectly within your rights to break out the vape on a Friday afternoon and get completely baked while listening to Dark Side of the Moon and watching The Wizard of Oz. But if you go to work on Monday and run a forklift into a pallet of wine in the warehouse and your boss sends you for a drug screen because insurance demands it what happens when you test positive?

The screen cant determine if your toked up that morning or two days ago.

Compound the issue by putting the insurance company in a state that doesn't allow for the recreational use of cannabis.

Like I said, very interesting ground these states have ventured into.

With much of our society, both in the public & private sector, following a zero tolerance attitude for just about anything thanks in part to lawsuit risks & insurance companies demands, I think you can answer your own question easily.

#28 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

My job interview in Frisco just got a lot more interesting :)

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I can't imagine the administration is going to push that hard on it, especially since the president never has to worry about running again.

One interesting aspect is going to be how this impacts Federal employees in Colorado though. Its still against the rules for any federal employee to use weed, so if they get popped on a test, they might get in some trouble.

#30 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,140 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

or anyone where DOT requires testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.