What I've Learned From This Election

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

If you do everything in your power to alienate blacks, homosexuals, Hispanics, women, and Muslims, you're probably never going to carry an election in this country again, no matter how much you spend.

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

you left out those uber righties in the rep party.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Or, if you create and keep enough "victims" in this country, you can always get their vote.

#4 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Or, if you create and keep enough "victims" in this country, you can always get their vote.

Please explain this comment. Explain (in detail) more about the so called "victims".

#5 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

I'm a veteran of the Marine Corps. I use the post-911 GI bill to go to school. This "gubbmint money" pays my tuition and gives me a significant monthly stipend every month so that I don't have to work and go to school at the same time. Does that make me a victim?

#6 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

If by "do everything in your power to alienate" you mean "don't pander to", I agree with you. The Dems do, the Reps don't, and they look like heels in the eyes of those groups because of it.

Take women, for instance, and that one dumbass's comments about abortion and rape. Single females got their panties in a wad because of something that we all agreed was just stupid. "The Republicans want to put me back in the kitchen blah blah blah!" No they don't. That's ridiculous. But outrage is an easy sell for the Democrats.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Please explain this comment. Explain (in detail) more about the so called "victims".

Okay, I will play.

When a party cannot inspire the electorate through future opportunities or the chance at greatness, they have to demonize the opponents. They do this by telling many groups how bad they currently have it and how it will only get worse if their opponents are elected. Hence, the war on women. Women had no clue how bad they had it until Obamas team started telling them how put upon they actually were and Romney would take them back to horse and buggy days.

Now, you have to wonder how much patronization the modern woman can take. Pretty much if voting patterns are any indication. Same with blacks. They have been a poor underacheiving group for the last 60 years and Dems have been and will continue to be the beneficiaries of their low position. All they have to do in each election cycle is to tell the black community that their woes are due to the conservatives and they fall right back in line. It does not matter that generations have never made any progress under Dems, they are victims of the right and the Dems are their only saving grace.

It happens all the time. And the Dems just keep creating more victims and more constituents. Why then, would the Dems ever want any group to "rise above"?

#8 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Okay, I will play.

When a party cannot inspire the electorate through future opportunities or the chance at greatness, they have to demonize the opponents. They do this by telling many groups how bad they currently have it and how it will only get worse if their opponents are elected. Hence, the war on women. Women had no clue how bad they had it until Obamas team started telling them how put upon they actually were and Romney would take them back to horse and buggy days.

Now, you have to wonder how much patronization the modern woman can take. Pretty much if voting patterns are any indication. Same with blacks. They have been a poor underacheiving group for the last 60 years and Dems have been and will continue to be the beneficiaries of their low position. All they have to do in each election cycle is to tell the black community that their woes are due to the conservatives and they fall right back in line. It does not matter that generations have never made any progress under Dems, they are victims of the right and the Dems are their only saving grace.

It happens all the time. And the Dems just keep creating more victims and more constituents. Why then, would the Dems ever want any group to "rise above"?

If there ever was any question about you in anyone's mind you sure as hell just answered it.

#9 Django 2 Chainz

Django 2 Chainz

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

If by "do everything in your power to alienate" you mean "don't pander to", I agree with you. The Dems do, the Reps don't, and they look like heels in the eyes of those groups because of it.

Take women, for instance, and that one dumbass's comments about abortion and rape. Single females got their panties in a wad because of something that we all agreed was just stupid. "The Republicans want to put me back in the kitchen blah blah blah!" No they don't. That's ridiculous. But outrage is an easy sell for the Democrats.

What about conservatives being extremely against the Fair Pay Act? How do you justify that? Single females were understandably upset because that one "dumbass's comments" was indicative of the mindset of that party. If I was a single woman (a group that is outperforming their male counterparts in college attendance and graduation) I would be pissed as hell that a man got paid more for the same work. The Republican party is completely out of touch with the fact that they are out of touch; it's amusing because if they tried a little bit more they could carry both the black and hispanic vote. Both communities are extremely socially conservative at heart.

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm a veteran of the Marine Corps. I use the post-911 GI bill to go to school. This "gubbmint money" pays my tuition and gives me a significant monthly stipend every month so that I don't have to work and go to school at the same time. Does that make me a victim?

Nope, I answered in another post. I commend your service and GI Bill has always been a good transition for ex service folks.

#11 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

What about conservatives being extremely against the Fair Pay Act? How do you justify that? Single females were understandably upset because that one "dumbass's comments" was indicative of the mindset of that party. If I was a single woman (a group that is outperforming their male counterparts in college attendance and graduation) I would be pissed as hell that a man got paid more for the same work. The Republican party is completely out of touch with the fact that they are out of touch; it's amusing because if they tried a little bit more they could carry both the black and hispanic vote. Both communities are extremely socially conservative at heart.

why would i turn to the same entity to right a wrong that they enacted?

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

If there ever was any question about you in anyone's mind you sure as hell just answered it.

This is not at all a racist comment, but keep up the good work. It is a fact that although blacks have given homage to Dems forever, they get stuck with the worst schools, very few opportunities to excel, bad policies for families and basically little chance to succeed. Thus the poor comment. Not racist at all.

Underacheiving based on the rest of society. Who could acheive when saddled with the circumstances they have been given.

You are guilty of being one of the oppressors when you continually run and yell racist, therefore negating any points or ideas. This is exactly what the Dems have been doing for 60 years and I thank you for making my point.

#13 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

The Republican party is completely out of touch with the fact that they are out of touch; it's amusing because if they tried a little bit more they could carry both the black and hispanic vote. Both communities are extremely socially conservative at heart.

Unfortunately they would lose a lot of their base if they did that. They're stuck in a rock and a hard place because they are locked into ideals about society that are based on the 18th and 19th centuries. Unfortunately the world has changed a great deal since then and Im just not sure that they can win over the American people anymore. Who wants to keep dumping money, energy, and time into losing candidates the next 20 years?

#14 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Honestly? I don't know enough about the Fair Pay Act to give you an intelligent answer. I agree with you that women shouldn't be paid less than men, unless you factor in the fact that they take more sick days but even then that doesn't justify it. You're using a very broad brush saying conservatives are extremely against it. What happens when people on the right use a broad brush to describe a group?

#15 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

This is not at all a racist comment, but keep up the good work. It is a fact that although blacks have given homage to Dems forever, they get stuck with the worst schools, very few opportunities to excel, bad policies for families and basically little chance to succeed. Thus the poor comment. Not racist at all.

Underacheiving based on the rest of society. Who could acheive when saddled with the circumstances they have been given.

You are guilty of being one of the oppressors when you continually run and yell racist, therefore negating any points or ideas. This is exactly what the Dems have been doing for 60 years and I thank you for making my point.

Why didnt the Repubs vote for their foot soldiers like Allen West and Mia Love? Repubs have proven time and time again they will never vote for in mass for someone who isnt a white person, no matter how much loyalty black repubs show. The Dems just dont stab their own in the back like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.