Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What I've Learned From This Election

228 posts in this topic

Posted

I learned which polls to trust and which polls to discard as trash

1. PPP (D)

1. SEIU

3. YouGov

4. Ipsos/Reuters

5. Purple Strategies

6. NBC/WSJ

6. CBS/NYT

6. YouGov/Economist

9. UPI/CVOTER

10. IBD/TIPP

11. Angus-Reid

12. ABC/WP

13. Pew Research

13. Hartford Courant/UConn

15. CNN/ORC

15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA

15. Politico/GWU/Battleground

15. FOX News

15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics

15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics

15. American Research Group

15. Gravis Marketing

23. Democracy Corps (D)

24. Rasmussen

24. Gallup

26. NPR

27. National Journal

28. AP/GfK

Posted

He can't do that any faster than Obama can take all MUH GUNZ AWAYS!!!!!!!!11

I feel like conservatives believe in the "myth of the selfmade man". There is no such thing as a self made man. He doesn't exist. Future success in life is determined by things like the school system you went to growing up, coming from a two parent home, and a lot of other factors. Some of those factors are self determined; a lot of them are not. I feel like conservatives emphasize the self determined factors while minimizing the non-self determined factors. Of course hard work plays a significant part, but hard work doesn't always guarantee success. Hard work does not always meet up with opportunity to produce success and that is the problem.

SMH

Posted

SMH

SMHWY. But Obama was a self made man!

Posted

So what I'm gathering is that most of the conservatives on here are fine with destroying themselves as a viable party and will just sit there and say the other side is "pandering".

I mean, the Hispanic vote is an easy play, and my goodness you HAD the Muslim vote.

Posted

So what I'm gathering is that most of the conservatives on here are fine with destroying themselves as a viable party and will just sit there and say the other side is "pandering".

I mean, the Hispanic vote is an easy play, and my goodness you HAD the Muslim vote.

you mean the terrorist vote.

Posted

SMHWY. But Obama was a self made man!

So many hated Wonder Years.

Posted

Okay, I will play.

When a party cannot inspire the electorate through future opportunities or the chance at greatness, they have to demonize the opponents. They do this by telling many groups how bad they currently have it and how it will only get worse if their opponents are elected. Hence, the war on women. Women had no clue how bad they had it until Obamas team started telling them how put upon they actually were and Romney would take them back to horse and buggy days.

Isn't this what Republicans have been doing with white people for years.

That is why Romney had slogans like "Take our country back" and "born in America" on his campaign signs.

That is what Lee Atwater and Roger Ailes did in nearly every campaign they ran.

That is what Willie Horton was all about.

That is what the birther conspiracy is all about.

That is why people were told Obama was a muslim or an Arab.

That is why Jesse Helms ran ads saying "You needed you job, but they gave it to a minority" in his campaign ads.

You are right, but you are talking about the wrong party.

Posted

There is a huge difference between Conservative and Republican.

2 people like this

Posted

Isn't this what Republicans have been doing with white people for years.

That is why Romney had slogans like "Take our country back" and "born in America" on his campaign signs.

That is what Lee Atwater and Roger Ailes did in nearly every campaign they ran.

That is what Willie Horton was all about.

That is what the birther conspiracy is all about.

That is why people were told Obama was a muslim or an Arab.

That is why Jesse Helms ran ads saying "You needed you job, but they gave it to a minority" in his campaign ads.

You are right, but you are talking about the wrong party.

You are correct. The Lee Atwater/Willie Horton thing was to get votes by scaring folks. I was basically starting the conversation about victims. This with the Dems is their whole voting base. The Dems are made up of many groups, all who get reminded "every" election just how Pubs will put them back in chains or some such nonsense.

No clean hands in politics, never said that, just that the Pubs are not the devil as Dems portray them. They need all the different groups to believe it though.

The party of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy need women to beleive that Pubs have a war on women.....and they get applauded. The party of David Duke and Robert Byrd need you to beleive that Pubs want blacks to go back on the plantation.

It is politics, dirty politics and both sides try to manipulate. All I was doing was mentioning to a former marine that he has the power to go beyond the petty politics, especially since for 60 years, the Dems talk a big game, but in the end accomplish very little for the black community.

Posted

We all know you're racist, stirs. You don't buy into the Democrats' message and hey, some Republican put his foot in his mouth two years ago! They ALL hate black people!

Pstall's post from a couple weeks ago rings truer and truer.

Posted

I think y'all have found your calling. You guys should totally go teach black people and women how to think for themselves.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think y'all have found your calling. You guys should totally go teach black people and women how to think for themselves.

That's where you're wrong. We already think they can.