#137 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Seems like you're.....building.....a strawman....... <_<

rest assured, if a conservative accuses you of something, they're likely guilty of it themselves

see: voter fraud
government assistance
"immoral behavior"

#138 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Please, point out where I said "those evil conservatives are the reason my dad doesn't have hot water"? Don't worry, I'll wait.

My point that whole time was that there are honest, hard-working men and women out there who are jobless/poor/etc who just cannot find work; or, when they do, they get laid-off unexpectedly.

Seems like you're.....building.....a strawman.......<_<

Didn't you say the evidence shows the poor are victimized? Victimized by whom?

#139 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

The conservatives are seeking to cut down on those programs, thus, hurting those who simply are trying to feed themselves and their families, to get them decent healthcare, etc, just to get BY.

How dare your racist, pompous ass talk down on anybody and try to cover it up by saying they're being willfully victimized. Maybe they ARE, in fact, being victimized? If you look at the evidence, it's pretty damn convincing.

Seems pretty clear to me

#140 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

There is an old saying

If you are not liberal before you are 30, then you have no heart, if you are still liberal after 30, then you have no head.

If someone is in college and has not accomplished anything in life except to live off their parents or others, paid no bills or taxes and hasn't even started a career, does not own a home or ever paid one off, or raised kids, then only in their minds are they the experts at life. We understand you know just about everything there is to know, but so did we when we were you age. (Lightsout)

You spout too much stuff with nothing to back it up. You are, at your age a wonderful Democrat. Your dad is hurting, so it is someone elses fault, namely anyone who is not hurting. Did you know the richest folks in the country voted for Obama at a huge percentage? They know his rhetoric is aimed at guys like you who are idealistic but have no idea that it is all just rhetoric. The richest folks put Obama at the top of their list. That does not fit your rant, but at your age, I am sure you can construct another one to blame someone else for your woes. They have you, you are theirs.

Most folks will do whatever it takes to help their parents. Not saying you don't care, but if you are waiting on government or someone else to help your family, then Obama has done more with you than you know. This country did not get where it is with folks that were only able to achieve things with the help of the government. You are further gone than you know.

#141 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Does that include corporate welfare?

Why wouldn't it?

#142 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Well, considering I would if it wasn't for this whole college deal and thus being endlessly poor myself...

Sure, my ending example was a bit extreme, but the point stands. People with well more than they need keep getting more. Oh, but they're the victims if we say "well, on second thought, let's ask you to pay just a BIT more so that people (even those that DO have jobs and just don't get paid enough to get by) can have a hot shower from time to time and food on the table, rather than eating 1 meal a day." Please, explain to me how "terrible" this.

You haven't answered my question. You're a college student; you should know that a sob story isn't a solid moral defense of a political position.

What justifies the redistribution of wealth? I'd rather you directly answer so that I don't get accused of building a strawman when I subsequently assume you're justifying it based on "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."

Leave your emotions out of this. You're a thinking man. Don't sell yourself short.

#143 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,421 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

this is what baffles me. if someone who seems to lean right or is a conservative(at least by huddle standards) and they say anything remotely close to smaller govt etc, they are instantly a heartless devil who wants to round up anybody non white or male or straight and put them in some kind internment camp.

the 23-30 million that are unemployed cover the whole spectrum of society. some of those don't want to be there. some are not use to being there. some want to be there. some prefer to be there.

we don't know the exact #'s of the aforementioned but it comes down to this. having a saftey net for an individual or yes even a business is smart for the greater good.
it's properly utilizing that net at the proper time and not abuse it.

in my line of work i see oh so clearly the correct use, and abuse of govt programs. freddie and fannie. i see when it works the right way for families and it was given to them correctly.
i see when others are flat out taking advantage of it. i also see when f&f look the other way and don't hold someone accountable and i see other times ff is an ogre and does nothing to help.

from min wage to welfare etc, it needs to be just enough to help, but not so much to enable. that's what it really comes down to. do we have programs that do a better job of equipping people to survive then move up a notch or do we have programs that perpetuate their blight and bad cycle by enabling them?

#144 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I learned America is changing, but at the same time, some things dont change

Posted Image

#145 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,468 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Damn slave holders

#146 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

Someone on my facebook feed said today that it's gotten to the point where you have to choose between the party that's out of touch and the party that's out of it's freaking mind.

#147 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

I've learned that Citizen's United didn't cause the US political system to collapse.

#148 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

"The Republican Party hasn't done a great job, and should be ashamed of itself, for not going after all Americans," Gidley said. "We can't take any one group for granted and need to look for ways to appeal to black and Latino voters."

-Republican political observer, J. Hogan Gidley

"This race wasn't a problem of candidate, it was a problem of fit,"..."The GOP no longer fits the modern electorate. We have fundamental issues with Latinos, young voters and women"
-Stated by Anonymous GOP Strategist to "The Note"

Straight from the horses mouth. Perception is reality; the perception is that the Republican party is against minorities and women. Whether or not that is true doesn't matter because that is the perception. Change or go extinct.

#149 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,662 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Republicans are killing old people too. Get it straight.

"Whether or not is true" is the key to that entire statement.

Some people don't give a s**t if it's true...Kayne told them so.

#150 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Republicans are killing old people too. Get it straight.

"Whether or not is true" is the key to that entire statement.

Some people don't give a s**t if it's true...Kayne told them so.

WTF are you talking about? I was quoting a Republican. There is nothing for me to get straight. Also, I edited my post to include another quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com