227 replies to this topic

#151 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

2. What I've learned from this election is that there are not many Americans that are in favor of tightening the federal budget, and lowering debt.

#152 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

WTF are you talking about? I was quoting a Republican. There is nothing for me to get straight. Also, I edited my post to include another quote.

I knew exactly what you quoted. I was just adding to the misconception that is already driven into the young minds through pop culture and a willing media. I just simply pointed out the stereotype left out the killing of old people.

#153 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,960 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Perception is a huge issue. Just like that thing with the NYC marathon in the aftermath of Sandy. Would it have actually taken services and priority over the victims of the storm, probably not, or at least not much... but the perception was that it was, so it was a PR nightmare and they cancelled it.

Americans have constantly been told by the media that Republicans hate minorities and the poor so that view tends to stick... then with some republican policies and idiots like that guy with his "legitimate rape" comments, that kind of thing is perpetuated.

Americans are also constantly told that the democrats look out for the minorities and the poor with social programs, when in fact it's mostly talk and politics and not action.

What both parties SHOULD be focusing on is fiscal responsibility and getting rid of corruption in government... instead of arguing who we should help and how. Of course the poor should be taken care of and be being given opportunities for education and work... but our welfare system has so many loopholes and so much fraud it doesn't work like it should. Of course EVERYONE should pay their fair share of taxes, but the tax system has so many loopholes and so much fraud it's easy for those with the means to hire attorneys and accountants circumvent it.

The systems of incompetence and fraud are self perpetuating because "hey, everyone does it..." and "they owe me" and other such shitty attitudes.

#154 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

There is an old saying

If you are not liberal before you are 30, then you have no heart, if you are still liberal after 30, then you have no head.

If someone is in college and has not accomplished anything in life except to live off their parents or others, paid no bills or taxes and hasn't even started a career, does not own a home or ever paid one off, or raised kids, then only in their minds are they the experts at life. We understand you know just about everything there is to know, but so did we when we were you age. (Lightsout)

You spout too much stuff with nothing to back it up. You are, at your age a wonderful Democrat. Your dad is hurting, so it is someone elses fault, namely anyone who is not hurting. Did you know the richest folks in the country voted for Obama at a huge percentage? They know his rhetoric is aimed at guys like you who are idealistic but have no idea that it is all just rhetoric. The richest folks put Obama at the top of their list. That does not fit your rant, but at your age, I am sure you can construct another one to blame someone else for your woes. They have you, you are theirs.

Most folks will do whatever it takes to help their parents. Not saying you don't care, but if you are waiting on government or someone else to help your family, then Obama has done more with you than you know. This country did not get where it is with folks that were only able to achieve things with the help of the government. You are further gone than you know.

There's another quote:

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.

John Stuart Mills

#155 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,716 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

There's another quote:

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.

John Stuart Mills

And right on que, Dehommey comes in to contribute an insult. Glad we have you around to further all conversations.

#156 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

Liberalism is a mental disease...and as Jesse Jackson Jr. proved it...a mental hospital stay doesn't keep you from being elected.

#157 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

And right on que, Dehommey comes in to contribute an insult. Glad we have you around to further all conversations.

*cue

#158 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,338 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

There is an old saying

If you are not liberal before you are 30, then you have no heart, if you are still liberal after 30, then you have no head.

To be fair there is a reason this is an old saying, it is because it comes from a time when Republicans were ACTUAL fiscal conservatives and it was before the Tea Party and Fox News drew the party to the looney bin forcing Republicans to become detached with reality.

#159 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,133 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

And plus that's Winston Churchill referring to the early/mid-20th century British political atmosphere

#160 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,716 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

To be fair there is a reason this is an old saying, it is because it comes from a time when Republicans were ACTUAL fiscal conservatives and it was before the Tea Party and Fox News drew the party to the looney bin forcing Republicans to become detached with reality.

You act like such a kid.

This has nothing to do with Dems or Repubs. Just that with age, your outlooks tend to change. Take a deep breath and use your head instead of your emotions for once. Goodness.

#161 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

I think the Republicans and Democrats should get a divorce, and its high time mom (the Democrats) start seeing someone else. There's this guy named Libertarian who I think would treat her right.

#162 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Liberalism is a mental disease...and as Jesse Jackson Jr. proved it...a mental hospital stay doesn't keep you from being elected.

Or getting arrested for dealing (Marion Berry)

#163 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,074 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

"The Republican Party hasn't done a great job, and should be ashamed of itself, for not going after all Americans," Gidley said. "We can't take any one group for granted and need to look for ways to appeal to black and Latino voters."

-Republican political observer, J. Hogan Gidley

"This race wasn't a problem of candidate, it was a problem of fit,"..."The GOP no longer fits the modern electorate. We have fundamental issues with Latinos, young voters and women"
-Stated by Anonymous GOP Strategist to "The Note"

Straight from the horses mouth. Perception is reality; the perception is that the Republican party is against minorities and women. Whether or not that is true doesn't matter because that is the perception. Change or go extinct.

To be fair, the Democratic Party also didn't go "after all Americans" either ...

#164 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,672 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Perception is a huge issue. Just like that thing with the NYC marathon in the aftermath of Sandy. Would it have actually taken services and priority over the victims of the storm, probably not, or at least not much... but the perception was that it was, so it was a PR nightmare and they cancelled it.

Americans have constantly been told by the media that Republicans hate minorities and the poor so that view tends to stick... then with some republican policies and idiots like that guy with his "legitimate rape" comments, that kind of thing is perpetuated.

Just perception, eh?

You ever heard of the southern strategy?

#165 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,338 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

You act like such a kid.

This has nothing to do with Dems or Repubs. Just that with age, your outlooks tend to change. Take a deep breath and use your head instead of your emotions for once. Goodness.

Look, before you get on me about being an ideologue who hates Republicans I want you to know that I was a registered Republican until 2008, now I am unaffiliated with a party. i voted for Dole, and Bush 2x. I also voted for Pat McCrory in 2008 and again on Tuesday. I also think that Reagan is the best president in the modern era.

Admittedly I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 but I am not an ideologue who blindly follows any party.

But I am moving further and further away from the Republican party because they are simply detached from reality.

They no longer believe in actual data and facts. It is no longer a "liberal media" they now think there is a liberal bias in facts and data

The Karl Rove sh!t show on Fox on election night over Ohio is a microcosm of the Republican bubble that is too far detached from reality

Saying things like:

The public polls are skewed for Obama

Obama fudges the BLS unemployment numbers

The Tax Policy center is wrong and liberal

The CBO is wrong

Ohio isn't over.

The congressional research department's "Taxes and the Economy: An Economic Analysis of the Top Tax Rates Since 1945" is wrong

It is fugging ridiculous. But Republican constituents believe this crap because they live in the world of talk radio and Fox News. I want to be a moderate conservative but the Republicans call me a RINO and I have no place in their party.

It is frustrating and frankly republicans appear petty and stupid these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com