Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,582 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Just perception, eh?

You ever heard of the southern strategy?

Did you even read the part of my post you quoted?

#167 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

no why

#168 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Look, before you get on me about being an ideologue who hates Republicans I want you to know that I was a registered Republican until 2008, now I am unaffiliated with a party. i voted for Dole, and Bush 2x. I also voted for Pat McCrory in 2008 and again on Tuesday. I also think that Reagan is the best president in the modern era.

Admittedly I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 but I am not an ideologue who blindly follows any party.

But I am moving further and further away from the Republican party because they are simply detached from reality.

They no longer believe in actual data and facts. It is no longer a "liberal media" they now think there is a liberal bias in facts and data

The Karl Rove sh!t show on Fox on election night over Ohio is a microcosm of the Republican bubble that is too far detached from reality

Saying things like:

The public polls are skewed for Obama

Obama fudges the BLS unemployment numbers

The Tax Policy center is wrong and liberal

The CBO is wrong

Ohio isn't over.

The congressional research department's "Taxes and the Economy: An Economic Analysis of the Top Tax Rates Since 1945" is wrong

It is fugging ridiculous. But Republican constituents believe this crap because they live in the world of talk radio and Fox News. I want to be a moderate conservative but the Republicans call me a RINO and I have no place in their party.

It is frustrating and frankly republicans appear petty and stupid these days.

Sounds like you operate on the surface on many issues, most of them small. Who cares that Karl Rove's info did not match someone elses info? You vote based on that kind of stuff? Do you have core values? What are they? I am not sure I know one person who thinks Reagan is the greatest but voted for Obama twice.

#169 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,582 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

no why

No point in discussing it if you're going to ask me a question without having read what I actually said.

#170 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,847 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Sounds like you operate on the surface on many issues, most of them small. Who cares that Karl Rove's info did not match someone elses info? You vote based on that kind of stuff? Do you have core values? What are they? I am not sure I know one person who thinks Reagan is the greatest but voted for Obama twice.

Karl Rove's info was the exact same as everyone else's info. That is why Fox News, CBS, AP, NBC, and ABC had all called Ohio.

And I guess you feel like the national deficit and our growing debt is "small". Because if you refuse to believe factual data you will never fix the budget problems. And quite frankly, the main reason I didn't vote for Romney is because his tax plans was as irresponsible of a plan for this moment in time as I have ever seen.

Think about this. In the very limited details he provided for his 20% tax cut across the board tax plan he was convinced that cutting income tax across the board would create more jobs and grow the economy, which would increase tax revenue by broadening the tax base. There is little to no evidence that tax policy has any effect on economic growth one way or the other. but as we now know Republicans do not deal in facts.

So what would have happened is that he would have created ANOTHER 5 trillion dollars in debt with no way to pay for it. It would have been an absolute calamity. It would destroy our infrastructure, raised taxes on the middle class, and made us even more beholden to China.

Now if that is small I apologize, maybe I should just be a bigger issue guy and vote because I think minorities consider themselves victims and are too lazy to get jobs. You know, detached from reality.

#171 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

So you voted for a guy who has "actually added" 6 trillion in debt rather than a guy whom Obama said might add 5 trillion in debt.

Yep, I see your point

#172 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

"It's the economy stupid" line has run its course.

That only applies to republicans since democrats are handicapped in this regard. See California.

#173 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

"It's the economy stupid" line has run its course.

That only applies to republicans since democrats are handicapped in this regard. See California.

the state with a republican governor that oversaw that calamity? don't hit yourself in the face while you flail.

#174 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,847 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

So you voted for a guy who has "actually added" 6 trillion in debt rather than a guy whom Obama said might add 5 trillion in debt.

Yep, I see your point

You do realize that the deficit was 200 billion dollars smaller in 2012 than it was in 2011. the deficit has been getting smaller, not larger.

As far as the overall debt the last 4 years, having to bail out banks, save an economy, save an auto industry, and fight two wars are the main culprits for that massive debt added and none of those things were the doing of Obama it was the undoing of those things by Obama that are causing the deficit to come back down.

Also, the Simpson-Bowles plan could already be passed. The Republicans on that committee were for it. Then when Obama also supported it, magically the 7 Republicans suddenly rejected it. Wonder why? They were on the committee that passed it. Because their obstruction of Obama was more important than the health of our country.

#175 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

the state with a republican governor that oversaw that calamity? don't hit yourself in the face while you flail.

Oh yes...he was a republican....lol.

Moonbeam is getting it all fixed now. They just need this one more fix...and everything will be good. Promise.

#176 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

the debt clock never hit 16 trillion until this year. so how is it getting smaller? not sure I follow that one.

#177 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Moonbeam is getting it all fixed now. They just need this one more fix...and everything will be good. Promise.

oh, he wasn't a republican? sorry, I didn't know.

#178 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

lol that sure was easy. Watch this:

Obama a democrat? Sure, lol.

See, now we're off the hook for the debt! No true scotsman and all that.

#179 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,847 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

the debt clock never hit 16 trillion until this year. so how is it getting smaller? not sure I follow that one.

Because the deficit and the debt are two different things. And no matter who is president we can't get rid of the deficit altogether in one big swoop. It is going to have to be a gradual reduction in deficits that will get us there.

But ending the war in Afghanistan will further reduce the deficit.

Obamacare reduces the deficit.

And rolling back Bush tax cuts on the wealthy will further reduce the deficit.

Add in Simspon-Bowles and we will have a handle on the deficit although without putting us in another recession we cannot eliminate the deficit altogether at one time.

So the debt will continue to rise no matter what in the near future, it is just a matter of at what rate. Obama has reduced that rate and the things I listed above will continue to slow the rise of our debt, and it is a good first step and a much better plan than adding another 5 trillion to the deficit with new tax cuts that won't actually grow the economy.

#180 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,182 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Like Ron Paul said in the other thread...we are too far gone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.