227 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Because Republicans waste their time worrying about things like getting the economy back on track, something that actually will help minorities and women.

sorry... this is f*cking laughable.

#32 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,159 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

Is this a bad thing? America is founded on the principles of equality for all.

#33 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,025 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Just one thing to say ... no more blaming Bush. It's time to stand on your own.

#34 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Just one thing to say ... no more blaming Bush. It's time to stand on your own.

agree completely.

#35 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHustlin' in the streets

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Then why do minorities struggle more under Democratic presidents than whites do? Is it because of the minority role Republicans had in Congress during Obama's first two years? Romney hit the nail on the head in the first debate. Obama's first priority should have been jobs. Instead it was another entitlement program. Just what this country needs. Small businesses are dying everywhere.

So have many Democrats.

Because Republicans waste their time worrying about things like getting the economy back on track, something that actually will help minorities and women.

I misunderstood the way that Stirs posted; when he first posted all I saw was my post which he quoted. I assumed that he was trying to say that I was making his argument for him and responded accordingly. I happen to agree with a lot of what Stirs said, but I will respond to your post.

Back your claims up with numbers and facts. Over time (when the economy has not been in recession) where is the proof that blacks do better under Republicans than under Democrats? Keep in mind that the Recession was in full swing before Bush II's presidency ended. How was Obama not focusing on jobs? Of course he focused on jobs. Republicans traditionally approach this issue differently from Democrats. Romney and his ilk still believe in "trickle down"; he wants to grow the middle class by giving breaks to high earners which he feels will help the economy by causing more people to get hired (which will in turn benefit minorities); this approach involves de-regulation and giving breaks to businesses (whether or not this would actually benefit the middle class is extremely debatable; it would definitely benefit the rich). Democrats approach the problem from the perspective of trying to directly improve the middle class. This does not mean that he didn't focus on jobs. Of course he did. It is possible to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Anyway, I want facts and numbers showing that (outside of Recession) minorities were better under Republican presidents. Also, please list all Democrats (except for David Duke who ran as a democrat once in La) with strong ties to white supremacists. I'm talking about the modern democratic party.

#36 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Also you called his healthcare overhaul another "entitlement program". A lot of people are unaware that they have been trying to overhaul healthcare for a long time http://en.wikipedia....tes#1930s-1950s

The goal is not for it to be an "entitlement program". The goal of "Obama Care" is to fix broken aspects of our healthcare system. The rising cost of healthcare has to be addressed. There are so many things wrong with it right now; from the way people with pre-existing conditions are discriminated against to the way insurance companies will look for reasons to drop people from their policies because treating them has become too expensive. Oh and "Obama-care" was modeled after "Romney care" but I'm guessing you knew that.

#37 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,359 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

What about conservatives being extremely against the Fair Pay Act? How do you justify that? Single females were understandably upset because that one "dumbass's comments" was indicative of the mindset of that party. If I was a single woman (a group that is outperforming their male counterparts in college attendance and graduation) I would be pissed as hell that a man got paid more for the same work. The Republican party is completely out of touch with the fact that they are out of touch; it's amusing because if they tried a little bit more they could carry both the black and hispanic vote. Both communities are extremely socially conservative at heart.

I don't remember conservatives making a big deal about the Fair Pay Act. Many people, including yourself apparently, falsely believe it is based on "equal pay for equal work." Instead, it is based on the median income of all men working all jobs, getting all pay compared to the median income of all women working all jobs, getting all pay. The woman in the middle (the median income) had a pay equal to 77% of the man in the middle (the median income). It only factored compensation in dollars, not in benefits.

The Fair Pay Act did nothing but extend the time that a person can claim to have been a victim of discrimination. It did nothing to encourage employers to hire women. It did not ensure that women will have paid sick days to tend to sick children. It did not ensure that single mothers could afford adequate child care. It did not ensure a workplace free of sexual harassment.

Since its enaction, the pay gap between men and women has widened even more. This gap has increased despite a trend of several decades showing the gap was narrowing.

#38 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

So according to Dems the world has turned into a "Gimmie society" where everything is equal? RIGHT?

#39 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

I don't remember conservatives making a big deal about the Fair Pay Act. Many people, including yourself apparently, falsely believe it is based on "equal pay for equal work." Instead, it is based on the median income of all men working all jobs, getting all pay compared to the median income of all women working all jobs, getting all pay. The woman in the middle (the median income) had a pay equal to 77% of the man in the middle (the median income). It only factored compensation in dollars, not in benefits.

The Fair Pay Act did nothing but extend the time that a person can claim to have been a victim of discrimination. It did nothing to encourage employers to hire women. It did not ensure that women will have paid sick days to tend to sick children. It did not ensure that single mothers could afford adequate child care. It did not ensure a workplace free of sexual harassment.

Since its enaction, the pay gap between men and women has widened even more. This gap has increased despite a trend of several decades showing the gap was narrowing.

It did what it was designed to do. Making it easier to freaking report being the victim of pay discrimination is a good thing. Why was Romney so freaking wishy-washy on the whole issue? He came off like he was not a big fan of the Act. Eventually, we will live in a society in which women receive "equal pay for equal work". Anything that makes it easier to report if you have been a victim of pay discrimination is a huge step in the right direction.

#40 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,565 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

It did what it was designed to do. Making it easier to freaking report being the victim of pay discrimination is a good thing. Why was Romney so freaking wishy-washy on the whole issue? He came off like he was not a big fan of the Act. Eventually, we will live in a society in which women receive "equal pay for equal work". Anything that makes it easier to report if you have been a victim of pay discrimination is a huge step in the right direction.

Wasn't Romney wishy-washy on a lot of issues?

#41 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,518 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

As a male grossly underpaid compared to females in my profession, I can't wait for actual equal pay.

#42 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,359 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

If it did what it was supposed to do, then why has the pay gap widened after the law went into effect after decades of narrowing?

Why are you asking me what Romney thought? I thought you asked about conservatives.

#43 Cage

Cage

Killer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

If it did what it was supposed to do, then why has the pay gap widened after the law went into effect after decades of narrowing?

Why are you asking me what Romney thought? I thought you asked about conservatives.

The increase in the pay gap is most likely a consequence of the Recession. It's unlikely that all of a sudden a whole bunch of people just decided "hey....women are catching up to us in pay; let's stop that by reducing their pay". Increased competition for jobs/promotions is probably making it more difficult for women to overcome entrenched attitudes and get ahead. That's my opinion on it anyway.

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,316 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Wasn't Romney wishy-washy on a lot of issues?

Thats a requirement for being a politician these days.

#45 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,153 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Ignore. I think stirs misposted. All i saw was my quoted stuff and no response.

Just got back. You are correct, I hit the wrong button. A tech guy, I am not sometimes. Then had to hit edit, just to make my post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.