What I've Learned From This Election

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#76 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

So what I'm gathering is that most of the conservatives on here are fine with destroying themselves as a viable party and will just sit there and say the other side is "pandering".

I mean, the Hispanic vote is an easy play, and my goodness you HAD the Muslim vote.

#77 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

So what I'm gathering is that most of the conservatives on here are fine with destroying themselves as a viable party and will just sit there and say the other side is "pandering".

I mean, the Hispanic vote is an easy play, and my goodness you HAD the Muslim vote.

you mean the terrorist vote.

#78 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

SMHWY. But Obama was a self made man!

So many hated Wonder Years.

#79 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Okay, I will play.

When a party cannot inspire the electorate through future opportunities or the chance at greatness, they have to demonize the opponents. They do this by telling many groups how bad they currently have it and how it will only get worse if their opponents are elected. Hence, the war on women. Women had no clue how bad they had it until Obamas team started telling them how put upon they actually were and Romney would take them back to horse and buggy days.

Isn't this what Republicans have been doing with white people for years.

That is why Romney had slogans like "Take our country back" and "born in America" on his campaign signs.

That is what Lee Atwater and Roger Ailes did in nearly every campaign they ran.

That is what Willie Horton was all about.

That is what the birther conspiracy is all about.

That is why people were told Obama was a muslim or an Arab.

That is why Jesse Helms ran ads saying "You needed you job, but they gave it to a minority" in his campaign ads.

You are right, but you are talking about the wrong party.

#80 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

There is a huge difference between Conservative and Republican.

#81 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Isn't this what Republicans have been doing with white people for years.

That is why Romney had slogans like "Take our country back" and "born in America" on his campaign signs.

That is what Lee Atwater and Roger Ailes did in nearly every campaign they ran.

That is what Willie Horton was all about.

That is what the birther conspiracy is all about.

That is why people were told Obama was a muslim or an Arab.

That is why Jesse Helms ran ads saying "You needed you job, but they gave it to a minority" in his campaign ads.

You are right, but you are talking about the wrong party.

You are correct. The Lee Atwater/Willie Horton thing was to get votes by scaring folks. I was basically starting the conversation about victims. This with the Dems is their whole voting base. The Dems are made up of many groups, all who get reminded "every" election just how Pubs will put them back in chains or some such nonsense.

No clean hands in politics, never said that, just that the Pubs are not the devil as Dems portray them. They need all the different groups to believe it though.

The party of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy need women to beleive that Pubs have a war on women.....and they get applauded. The party of David Duke and Robert Byrd need you to beleive that Pubs want blacks to go back on the plantation.

It is politics, dirty politics and both sides try to manipulate. All I was doing was mentioning to a former marine that he has the power to go beyond the petty politics, especially since for 60 years, the Dems talk a big game, but in the end accomplish very little for the black community.

#82 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

We all know you're racist, stirs. You don't buy into the Democrats' message and hey, some Republican put his foot in his mouth two years ago! They ALL hate black people!

Pstall's post from a couple weeks ago rings truer and truer.

#83 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

I think y'all have found your calling. You guys should totally go teach black people and women how to think for themselves.

#84 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I think y'all have found your calling. You guys should totally go teach black people and women how to think for themselves.

That's where you're wrong. We already think they can.

#85 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Ok. So you realize they have a reason not to vote Republican, and that it largely makes sense.

#86 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,139 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I was basically starting the conversation about victims. This with the Dems is their whole voting base.

do you really believe this?

#87 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Maybe not all victims, but they do have the green folks, gay and lesbian, black, hispanic, etc. They have to cater to all of them and it is quite a feat. Blacks and Hispanics are generally conservative in many ways, but the Dems juggle gay marriage without losing their votes. How do they do this? Generally by aiming at others.

#88 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,345 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

do you really believe this?

A little embellishing for effect

#89 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Posted Image

#90 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Ok. So you realize they have a reason not to vote Republican, and that it largely makes sense.

If they're fugging retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.