Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumervil & Miller looking to contain Newton

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Do Von Miller get most of his sacks from the DE position or LB position? I know they play a 4-3 so I'm confused.

Posted

O-line has been improving since we got rid of that read option garbage.

I'm interested to see how they hold up.

Posted

is it just me or did we go back to running a bunch of options last game? of course washington's bad defense made it appear that it worked better. We need to score at least 28 to win this one.

We sprinkled it in, which I like. I don't think we should do it more than 5-6 times a fame unless the D shows they have no answer for it.

Posted

Do Von Miller get most of his sacks from the DE position or LB position? I know they play a 4-3 so I'm confused.

He gets them mostly from the DE position when the Broncos are in the 5-2 and other nickel and dime alignments.

Posted

LB, he's a 43 version of Clay Mathews. They said the bulk of his sacks have come from between the tackles, while Elvis' are off the edge.

Posted

5 straight losses to the falcons when michael vick was the starting quarterback for starters. jeff garcia carved us up in 2007 and the first game of 2008 as well. freeman didn't put up eye popping numbers as a rusher but his mobility hurt us big time in 2010

we also got shithoused by mcnair and the titans in 2003

Posted

O-line has been improving since we got rid of that read option garbage.

I'm interested to see how they hold up.

I'm sure some of you have already noticed that I'm a Broncos fan. All smack aside, I always thought that once the Panthers stopped babying Cam with that read option, the offense would look better. How can they expect him to grow as a QB when they are not only handcuffing him but, the two sick ass RBs also? The way I see it, Cam will experience growing pains but at least it would be in a traditional offense which would help him in the long run.

Anyway, that's $.02 from a fan looking in from elsewhere. Always thought Cam was a beast at Auburn (plus it was fun watching Roll Tide fans cry while he was here) and I still think he is one now. After the game on Sunday, I will go back to silently rooting for the development of Cam and the Panthers but until then, you guys suck. :P

Posted

I hope we crush Denver & Mr. Richardson rides his little golf cart past Fox & Manning after the game doing the crip lean holding a pie chart showing Cam's dominance.

This made me laugh pretty hard. Pie when I get home if I remember. :)

Posted

LB, he's a 43 version of Clay Mathews. They said the bulk of his sacks have come from between the tackles, while Elvis' are off the edge.

^ That too. To the guy that asked. The Broncos like to move him around alot. Easily our fastest LB

Posted

I'm sure some of you have already noticed that I'm a Broncos fan. All smack aside, I always thought that once the Panthers stopped babying Cam with that read option, the offense would look better. How can they expect him to grow as a QB when they are not only handcuffing him but, the two sick ass RBs also? The way I see it, Cam will experience growing pains but at least it would be in a traditional offense which would help him in the long run.

Anyway, that's $.02 from a fan looking in from elsewhere. Always thought Cam was a beast at Auburn (plus it was fun watching Roll Tide fans cry while he was here) and I still think he is one now. After the game on Sunday, I will go back to silently rooting for the development of Cam and the Panthers but until then, you guys suck. :P

Welcome. As for Cam we didn't run the read option nearly as often last year as we did to start this year. I think the OC out thought himself in terms of staying ahead of D's based on the success we had last season. I do want to see Cam used as a regular passing QB who can also kill you with the run. His fundamentals and mechanics look off, but I can't pick out what it is. As a result he's less accurate than last year.

Posted

^ That too. To the guy that asked. The Broncos like to move him around alot. Easily our fastest LB

Like I mentioned I really think Fox would be wise to send Cam after our OG's, one is a rookie and the other is a back up. Use Elvis to pull Gross away and try to isolate Von on the LG who's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Cam HAS to make quick decisions this Sunday.

Posted

He gets them mostly from the DE position when the Broncos are in the 5-2 and other nickel and dime alignments.

This makes sense. Not sure if you've noticed but we've actually used TD as a 5th down linemen in a 5-2 defense. I haven't seen it much since Beason been out though.