Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King Taharqa

Dumervil & Miller looking to contain Newton

54 posts in this topic

Honestly, I could see both QBs being harrassed equally Sundsy.

Honestly, I could see both QBs being harrassed equally Sundsy.

It is hard to sack Manning. He will throw it away or chuck it whenever he feels any pressure. What you hope is to influence his throws, make him throw before he wants to, disguise coverages so he throws into double coverage. You have to mess with his head. That means not playing typical coverages and staying in them. Atlanta did a great job confusing him and won as a result. This year he has been willing to throw picks because he doesn't want to get hit.

1 person likes this

They mentioned with the 5 sacks last week, Denver was tied for 6th in the league with 24 sacks. What they didn't mention was that they are tied for 6th with the Panthers who also have 24 sacks. Compare that with 2011 where we had 31 for the whole year. This year we have 24 in half a season and I think we are going to get better.

This should be a good battle.

I have to admit, 24 sacks at the half way mark is a huge improvement over 31 in the entire 2011 season.

The Broncos ended the season with 41 sacks in 2011 so the jury is still out on improvement in that area.

I have to admit, 24 sacks at the half way mark is a huge improvement over 31 in the entire 2011 season.

The Broncos ended the season with 41 sacks in 2011 so the jury is still out on improvement in that area.

We had so many injuries last year we really sucked balls on defense. This is the defense we expected to see last year and it is only starting to look good. With Gamble, our best corner, on IR and Josh Norman being a rookie, our secondary has had growing pains but is actually starting to look decent. Captain Munnerlyn is a real scrapper and plays physical man coverage but at 5-8 he is too short to play the big physical receiver. We are one good corner away from being a decent team on defense. We will see on Sunday if we get exposed or come to play.

1 person likes this

Is it still Foxy's MO for his teams to get shitted on completely by tight ends? If so, Olsen should go off this game.

Edit: wow. I didn't know JDR was their d coordinator. Holy sloppy fuging seconds retread coaching staff batman.

Broncos fans: good luck with that when the greatest QB of all time doesn't fall into your lap and fox&co have to draft and develop one.

Is it still Foxy's MO for his teams to get shitted on completely by tight ends? If so, Olsen should go off this game.

Edit: wow. I didn't know JDR was their d coordinator. Holy sloppy fuging seconds retread coaching staff batman.

Broncos fans: good luck with that when the greatest QB of all time doesn't fall into your lap and fox&co have to draft and develop one.

We already drafted one. Brock Osweiler. I'm not sure Fox had much to do with that one considering the say-so that John Elway has. I'm not sure what that guy will turn in to but he can't be worse than The Golden Calf of Bristol especially sitting behind Peyton for however many years and Elway and Co. helping to develop him.

As far as the TEs go, they are definitely a weakness but given the caliber of the TEs we have played, I can't be too upset ( Health Miller, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, and freaking Gronkowski).

LOL @ John Fox, Mike McCoy, and Jack Del Rio having worked as Panthers at some point in their careers.

We already drafted one. Brock Osweiler. I'm not sure Fox had much to do with that one considering the say-so that John Elway has. I'm not sure what that guy will turn in to but he can't be worse than The Golden Calf of Bristol especially sitting behind Peyton for however many years and Elway and Co. helping to develop him.

As far as the TEs go, they are definitely a weakness but given the caliber of the TEs we have played, I can't be too upset ( Health Miller, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, and freaking Gronkowski).

I promise you that it has nothing to do with the caliber of tight ends you played against (though they are all very good) and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that a John Fox led team has never, ever been able to stop tight ends from kicking him in the ass. Bronco fans think they know Fox after 1.5 seasons, we had him here for eight years. Two things are certain, he gets beat by tight ends and absolutely HATES young players.

who are they tied with?

panthers.

if you look at the pass defense stats for both teams they are pretty similar...except they've allowed 14 passing TDs. panthers have allowed only 9.

I like those stats

I promise you that it has nothing to do with the caliber of tight ends you played against (though they are all very good) and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that a John Fox led team has never, ever been able to stop tight ends from kicking him in the ass. Bronco fans think they know Fox after 1.5 seasons, we had him here for eight years. Two things are certain, he gets beat by tight ends and absolutely HATES young players.

It's too soon for me to say but as of now (including last season) the trend of TEs hurting us has seemed like it could continue. The season started rough with opposing TEs but I think the defense is finally getting their feet beneath them. This is the 7th defensive coordinator that they have had in 6 years (Josh McDummy fired Nolan midseason). If they can maintain the same system, they will be even better. I will say this, Fox has done a pretty nice job of getting the young guys involved. He has the younger guys in sprinkled with vets are some critical positions which I think is helping develop them.

After looking at the ages of both teams, as of now, the Panthers team as a whole averages out to 26.04 years old. The Broncos are only slightly older with an average age of 26.47