Succession or States Rights

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

You guys wonder why no one takes you seriously, but a big reason is your only counterargument tends to be "Nuh uh".

#32 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

So model ourselves like the EU and let Mississippi become our version of Greece? Sounds like a fantastic idea.

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

You guys wonder why no one takes you seriously, but a big reason is your only counterargument tends to be "Nuh uh".

I am not saying that these things are going to happen, nor should they. They are thoughts that run through my mind when looking at how bloated our federal government has become.

Yes, I understand that some states would fare better than others. IMO it would start making people more accountable for their success and failures.

Most hate that idea.

#34 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I don't really have any facts or figures to back up my idea but the only reason people would be against it is because they hate accountability.

FACT

#35 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Cool. Let it go broke, or, you know figure out how to make it work.

Why would they change if they can remain the same?

You can't just figure out how to make it work. If you have no money you have no money.

Goods cost the same to the people of Mississippi as it does everywhere else. If you have no money you have no money. You can't repair roads or pay teachers a fair wage.

If you have crappy infrastructure and education good luck ever getting anyone to invest in your state. Instead, the people that have the means to leave will leave and those that don't will be stuck and things will just continue to get worse because those that actually do have money will be gone.

#36 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

I don't really have any facts or figures to back up my idea but the only reason people would be against it is because they hate accountability.

FACT

I think that you and I can both agree that Americans as a whole are less accountable for their actions than 10, 20, 100+ years ago.

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. I don't have to show graphs and pie charts to make my point.

#37 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

That is a major problem with libs (libertarians). States are just as bad or worse than federal, and big states does not = small government. Local government has less accountability (because it's less visible) and is far more likely to be tyrannical. You also take all humanity and life out of the equation by simply saying "move to another state," as if it's as simple as that. That's asking people to break up families and neighbors by idealogical lines.

Rodeo, you're allright dude. Sometimes I'm in lock step with you, but then you go off the reservation on something like this. States are nowhere near as bad or worse than federal. You talk about no accountability...have you been to the post office lately? Have you stood there in line wondering how someone so incompetent could have a job? And if you had a gay daughter who wanted to move to Maine or a son who was constantly getting in trouble over weed who wanted to move to Colorado, would it be so bad? When people in Massachusetts see that Maine isn't so bad, they'll legalize gay marriage. When people in....Oregon see that Washington wasn't destroyed by weed, they'll legalize weed. I wish they would handle abortion state to state. Has prostitution and gambling spread outside of Nevada? Give states more power to handle these things.

#38 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

You can't just figure out how to make it work. If you have no money you have no money.

Goods cost the same to the people of Mississippi as it does everywhere else. If you have no money you have no money. You can't repair roads or pay teachers a fair wage.

If you have crappy infrastructure and education good luck ever getting anyone to invest in your state. Instead, the people that have the means to leave will leave and those that don't will be stuck and things will just continue to get worse because those that actually do have money will be gone.

Keep this in mind....states like Mississippi wouldn't break off by themselves. They'd need partners. Texas could ask the entire southeast to join it.

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

why would texas want to support the southeast?

#40 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

College football.

#41 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Okay seriously...aren't they supporting them now in a way?

#42 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

hey rodeo stop "going off the reservation" by suggesting that states shouldn't have the "right" to discriminate

#43 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,570 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

This is something that I have feared for a long time. Once a government looses it's ability to have income, and it's ability to borrow money, what happens when a country is divided.

Could we "head it off at the pass" by going to stronger states, and weaker federal government, and allow citizens to move to states that appeal more to them?

Just crazy, 100 years down the road thinking here.....

What are you some kind of commie pinko?

MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2112. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media and some guy called "thefuzz" at the Carolina Huddle.

http://online.wsj.co...0709638419.html

Posted Image

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,125 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

South Carolina to join with the blue states. 100% chance of that happening I bet.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,125 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Also it's more likely that Mexico becomes part of Texas than vice versa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com