21 replies to this topic

#1 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I dont forsee Beast going back in the middle (ever) What has changed in the defense to set this new tone? nothing that i can point a finger on but moving luke. If he is already the leader of this D, and only a rookie, could we have a clay matthews or ray lewis on our hands? Now I know the d line deserves alot of credit, but the d line arent the ones calling coverages or making edge tackles like this kid is.

And the new pay scale for rookies is BS. somebody get that kid a gatoraid deal. he is already worth WAY more than the 390k (wiki link lol he really got a 12 million dollar deal)

#2 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hes better than clay will ever be already.

... but he'll never have those beautiful flowing locks of hair.

#3 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Why are you so eager to throw away our limited capspace? We get so little performance for so much money from too many players on this team. Let us get big performance for small money from someone for a change.

#4 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Why are you so eager to throw away our limited capspace? We get so little performance for so much money from too many players on this team. Let us get big performance for small money from someone for a change.

thats not how you keep good players. they need to cut the players that dont perform. and not give out ridiculous contracts like johnson's

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

There's more to it than just Luke. Remember the team had 5 "new" starters that needed reps. TD, Naka, Ron, Dwan, Luke and Thomas all needed time on the field to come together as a unit. The DL has also really stepped up, especially Dwan by applying pressure through the middle.

Luke is a key part, but there's are a number of factors at play here.

#6 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

The rookie payscale is awesome! One of the best things the league has done.

#7 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Don't overlook Josh Thomas. Dude has been playing lights out. I hope Luke can keep it up against Manning. The way to beat him is wait until the clock is <5 seconds before setting your final defensive formation. Manning let's it drop to 2-3 seconds every time. Don't give him time to decipher what you are putting out there Luke my boy.

#8 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

i think the front four is going to put enough pressure on manning that he is going to have some bad throws. even if we dont get the sack (which we probably will) our coverage has to be good enough to give the line time to get there though. i think this is where kuechly will shine this week. getting out to the flats. we already know he can get out there to tackle, and i have a feeling there will be a bunch of quick passes that way if our secondary is even half way decent.

#9 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Please explain how the rookie wage scale is BS

#10 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Don't overlook Josh Thomas. Dude has been playing lights out. I hope Luke can keep it up against Manning. The way to beat him is wait until the clock is <5 seconds before setting your final defensive formation. Manning let's it drop to 2-3 seconds every time. Don't give him time to decipher what you are putting out there Luke my boy.

He really has. Starting to like the kid a lot. I've gave him his own personal nickname- The Silver Bullet. Really cuz of that dome piece.

#11 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Lol. Glad to see him growing some hair out because yeah, that melon looks like a palm pilot stylus point. Yes, I said Palm Pilot.

<----- old guy

#12 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

thats not how you keep good players. they need to cut the players that dont perform. and not give out ridiculous contracts like johnson's

Ridiculous contract you say...

Dude is earning every cent...I'd hate to have you running the team. Everyone would walk in free agency.

#13 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,792 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Can't talk about this in a couple seasons?

#14 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Johnson has earned his.

#15 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Lol. Glad to see him growing some hair out because yeah, that melon looks like a palm pilot stylus point. Yes, I said Palm Pilot.
<----- old guy

Aaahh yes the palm pilot. I remeber those. Lol.

<------ also old guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.