• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I wanna go Star 1st, Lester/Jefferson/McDonald 2nd, and hopefully trade back up into the 2nd for a Patterson/Rogers.

Star is rated as the #1 prospect by Espn so unless we really suck or he falls then I say we have to go Hankins or Jenkins. And is Lester a strong safety or free safety because CBS has him listed as a string safety, but I really like him as a prospect I'm the second.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I'm pretty sure the rams cut/traded Smith because he sucked. 2 out of 3 though.

Yea and I know he's a bust, traded him to Jets for Wayne Hunter. Saying even if he still became pretty productive, Rams are still not a contender. You can't win bc of a Franchise LT. You're only pushing yourself back. A game changer is a DT or WR (excluding QB) compared to a LT. It'll be nice to have one, but not a need.

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Star is rated as the #1 prospect by Espn so unless we really suck or he falls then I say we have to go Hankins or Jenkins. And is Lester a strong safety or free safety because CBS has him listed as a string safety, but I really like him as a prospect I'm the second.

Every ranking has prospects ranked differently. CBS has Jockel as no.1, Hankins at 2 and Star at 3. Teams doesnt draft by ranks, they draft by needs and Geno, Barkley and Jarvis Jones are already pushing Star to be around the no.4 spot.

Lester is a SS now but was a FS last year at Alabama with his former teammate MARK Barron at SS. I think Lester is best suited for at FS also.

#34 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

If we can't sign a LT because of $$$$$ then would Joeckel interest anyone?

I think we have more positions of need that are higher than offensive line but if he's BPA then I'm not opposed.

#35 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I wouldn't mind Milliner 1st and a DT like a Sylvester Williams or Jesse Williams in the 2nd.

I'd be okay with this but if we don't get a DT in the 1st or 2nd then I would like to pick up a solid run stuffer in free agency.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

I am hoping against hope that we do not pick top ten year after year. We did very well with keek, if the no 1 LT is there, I think you take him.

Star is likely to be gone top three. Who knows, this time last year Alshon Jeffries was top 5 and you see where he went.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I am hoping against hope that we do not pick top ten year after year. We did very well with keek, if the no 1 LT is there, I think you take him.

Star is likely to be gone top three. Who knows, this time last year Alshon Jeffries was top 5 and you see where he went.

Top4 worst record ATM are: KC, Jags, Cleveland and then us. Any of the three before us seem to have a need at DT? Maybe Jags but what if they decided they wanna take a Geno or Barkley? Or maybe a Pass rusher which the lack? KC will take a QB no doubt. And Cleveland who just took Phil Taylor last year wouldn't be seen reasonable to spend another 1st rd on a DT. I think Cleveland will go Jarvis or a WR.

I wouldn't take a no.1 OT if he's the BPA. No need for a OT and at this point will not fill no holes but only add depth to a certain position. If Jockel is there, in a perfect scenerio, someone trades up for him and we add extra picks.

#38 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Cleveland been taken over by Philly guys.

Who knows.

I don't think we will be picking 4th, point I made earlier. Probably 8-10 again

#39 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Cleveland been taken over by Philly guys.

Who knows.

I don't think we will be picking 4th, point I made earlier. Probably 8-10 again

Top10 worst team:
KC, Jags, Cleveland, PANTHERS, Washington, Tennessee, Rams, Philly, Oakland, Jets.

Tennessee, Oakland and maybe Jets are candidates for a DT. Tennessee may go DE (Montgomery/Werner), Oakland should take DT but may go with Milliner. Jets may go Jockel or another WR.

If we land a top10, Star and Hankins, one of them will fall to us.

Remember, last year Brockers, Poe and Cox were ranked fairley high. All three fell of top10

#40 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

As long as it is a trench guy, I am good

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

DT stocks seemed to have drop significantly in the draft bc it's believe that this is a "passing league" now. And people thinks that you don't need that big DT who can stuff the run bc teams don't run anymore.

No DT was drafted in the top10 this year. In 2011, Dareus was taken no.3 but Fairley fell to no.13. Even though Star and Hankins are projected very high, I don't think they're as highly regarded as like Suh and McCoy when the two of them came out. Star and Hankins are run stuffers and will rarely will you the rush from inside. Teams want the 3tech guys these days unlike the past where teams take a NT to stuff the runs.

#42 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

This is why I'm thinking that Milliner or another DE wouldn't be a bad pick. I wish there was a stud safety, but not this year.

#43 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,132 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

This is why I'm thinking that Milliner or another DE wouldn't be a bad pick. I wish there was a stud safety, but not this year.

You would really take a Milliner or a DE like Montgomery over Star or Hankins? Take Mingo away bc I see him as a 34 OLB. I wouldn't.

I think the best DE in this class is Werner but that's me. Montgomery will be good but will probably take him time to make the transition unlike Werner. And for Milliner, I think he's very overrated bc of the cb class this year unlike previous years. Amerson was supposed to be the clear cut no.1 but has fall off significantly and that's why Milliner seen his stock rised so quickly. In a good draft like last year, I see Milliner behind Mo and Kirk and maybe even Janoris. I don't think Milliner is near as good as Kirkpatrick.

#44 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yea and I know he's a bust, traded him to Jets for Wayne Hunter. Saying even if he still became pretty productive, Rams are still not a contender. You can't win bc of a Franchise LT. You're only pushing yourself back. A game changer is a DT or WR (excluding QB) compared to a LT. It'll be nice to have one, but not a need.

I agree. I have been saying d line all year long. The one position that can affect EVERY play. If we get that Star guy I'll be ecstatic. He looks like the next Kevin Williams. Hankins would be nice too

#45 TMS3426

TMS3426

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm saying the way the league is that I'd consider a stud DE or Milliner. I think Star is going to be gone for sure by the time we pick. I think Hankins is an excellent option and an obvious need. I also think Damontre Moore is an option and has had a great year. I haven't seen Werner play, but he seems to be a bigtime prospect as well.

I think Milliner is a top 10 -top 15 pick for sure.

As good as the DT class is would it be worth getting an impact DE in the first and seeing if a guy like Jesse Williams from Bama or Floyd from Florida is available in the second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.