29 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Peyton is one of those players who incessantly studies game film and works to improve, so when he is met with a challenge more than once he normally succeeds when given the opportunity. There is one anomaly to this that was present over 5 games in 3.5 years, the Chargers. There have been a fair number of people to bring this up but few have actually looked at the numbers to see just how well he can call a game against Peyton. Under Rivera the Chargers held Peyton to a 75.2 qb rating over those five games, but more surprisingly, only 6.6 ypa and a 10td/13int ratio as well.

Part of Carolina's success against both the run and pass (3.6 and 6.2 ypa respectively since the bye) is down to disguise. Rivera and McDermott have done a great job of mixing up coverage, using zone blitzes, line twists and stunts to great effect, as shown by the remarkable improvement over the last three weeks. This becomes even more effective against a quarterback like Peyton who relies heavily on pre-snap reads in order to attack the defense, and has a tendency to become erratic in games where he can't trust those reads. If you make Peyton think in the pocket, you win the game.

#2 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,614 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Peyton is going to eat Norman for dinner.....slant, slant, slant, slant, double move TD.

We FINALLY need that video game offense to show up this year

#3 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Our defense will carry us this game like they've been doing all season. I like CJ, Hardy, Keek, TD and our secondary to get the best of Peyton Manning. Panthers D will not only shut down Peyton, but will score points this week.

#4 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm going to the game this weekend. Haven't been to one in about 3 years. Cannot wait!

#5 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

if the panthers ever needed to lean heavily on the run game, it's this sunday.

#6 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

This is a put up or shut up game for Rivera. Prob will cost him his job if he does not win.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm worried about Manning toying with our very young MLB and CB's.

#8 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,614 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm worried about Manning toying with our very young MLB and CB's.

Not really worried about Luke....doesn't mean I don't expect him to be caught once or twice though.

But I think our corners could be in for a long day. Manning is so good the pass rush almost works in reverse.....CBs have to set up the DL with good coverage for them to get to Manning. Coverage sacks.

Also, Nakamura doesn't need to play this week. heavy Martin usage is in order

#9 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Yea... The games all time leader in 4th quarter comebacks against a team that can't finish...I'm worried too

#10 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Manning is going to get his. I just hope we hold them to some fg's in stead of TD's in the end zone. If we dont have a two possession lead in the fourth qtr it doesnt look good. Any given sunday ugh

#11 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Manning is going to get his. I just hope we hold them to some fg's in stead of TD's in the end zone. If we dont have a twenty possession lead in the fourth qtr it doesnt look good. Any given sunday ugh

fixed.

against peyton manning, a 2 possession lead going into the fourth quarter may as well be a 1 point lead with 3 quarters left and no defense on the field.

#12 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,528 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

fixed.

against peyton manning, a 2 possession lead going into the fourth quarter may as well be a 1 point lead with 3 quarters left and no defense on the field.

That is true lol. I said at least two becuase i dont think we could possibly have a 3 possession lead. Unless we somehow create turnovers.

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

I like where this defense is going. RR is letting them play and is mixig it up pretty good.

the better they learn the more complex scheme's he can install.

#14 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Prey

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,647 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

rivera is probably the best coach for facing peyton. no chance he leaves this one up to mcD to call. too much riding on it. waaaaayyyyy too important a game for that.

the team has put in extra time this week for it. they all know it's on the line.

not saying we pull out a win, but i'm also not going to say it's a loss either.

i really like our chances. the D is really clicking at just the right time to handle peyton.

gonna be a pins and needles game more an any other.

the sad thing is that there are going to be supposed panther fans pulling for fox this week and the panthers to lose.

fox and peyton need to be sent back to mile high with another loss on their record and their tails between their legs. the panther need a win this week badly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com