Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How does Peyton's surgically repaired neck support that massive water head?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Kishzilla

Kishzilla

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationYour worst nightmares

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Cam gonna take lil Von Von to the wood shed Sunday.

I guess "take him to the woodshed" is Cayrohlahnuh fan code for "get slapped around like a bitch" lol

#47 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,615 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, you're right, I bet someone that flies in from out of town, pays for a couple days of hotel rooms, food, rental car, drinks, tickets etc etc, just to watch a football game has no money lol

gtfoh

So your fans are dumb enough to travel when they can't afford it?

I wasn't saying that, but it shows something we Panthers fans already knew.... Do you think those orange jerseys in the stands were people from Colorado? lmao how little you know about North Carolina.

Atleast some people in the stands were honest about why they were there... plenty of blue and white Peyton Manning jerseys were floating around.

#48 Kishzilla

Kishzilla

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

So your fans are dumb enough to travel when they can't afford it?

I wasn't saying that, but it shows something we Panthers fans already knew.... Do you think those orange jerseys in the stands were people from Colorado? lmao how little you know about North Carolina.

Atleast some people in the stands were honest about why they were there... plenty of blue and white Peyton Manning jerseys were floating around.

Why would they be down there the night before if they weren't from out of town and staying near the stadium? If the peoiple you were talking about were local, why would they be out on the town the night before with Broncos stuff on? Common sense tells you they're staying someplace downtown and are catching some of the local area while they're there. Don't be so dense.

Also, just because you don't live in Denver, doesn't mean you're not from there. I grew up in Colorado, then moved to San Diego for about 8 years, and went to many a Charger/ Bronco game, clad in all of my Bronco gear. Should I have dumped my team for the Chargers? Is that what you expect the people in Charlotte to do? lol I lived in San Diego, drove to the games, cheered for my team, and went home, right there in San Diego. A transplant city just like Charlotte. I often met people from out of state, out of town, from Colorado etc etc. that were there for the game. People absolutely do travel for games, don't kid yourself.

If you want to try and allude that it's a bunch of bandwagon jumpers, you're sadly mistaken. I know it's hard to imagine, but the Broncos fanbase stretches far and wide. Many that grew up, not just in Colorado, but in surrounding states, grew up Broncos fans. We're the only show in town for something like a 1200 mile diameter circle around Denver, and much farther depending which direction you go. We have one of the longest home game sellout streaks in the NFL dating back to pre NFL merger. Broncos fans are many. Sorry if your stadium, town, forum got temporarily infiltrated, but that's just too bad.

Does winning and having Manning on your team help? Well no sh*t, but don't get it twisted, most of us have been here and many of us have been here for a very long time. You're an expansion team, still in it's first generation. We were one of the original AFL teams. You have quite a number of decades/ fathers passing down their team allegiances to catch up to.

#49 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,615 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Why would they be down there the night before if they weren't from out of town and staying near the stadium? If the peoiple you were talking about were local, why would they be out on the town the night before with Broncos stuff on? Common sense tells you they're staying someplace downtown and are catching some of the local area while they're there. Don't be so dense.

Yes, I know there are some travelers. But when the people asking have southern accents, well.... you know.

Also, just because you don't live in Denver, doesn't mean you're not from there. I grew up in Colorado, then moved to San Diego for about 8 years, and went to many a Charger/ Bronco game, clad in all of my Bronco gear. Should I have dumped my team for the Chargers? Is that what you expect the people in Charlotte to do? lol I lived in San Diego, drove to the games, cheered for my team, and went home, right there in San Diego. A transplant city just like Charlotte. I often met people from out of state, out of town, from Colorado etc etc. that were there for the game. People absolutely do travel for games, don't kid yourself.

I didn't dump the Panthers when I lived in Europe, Georgia, Missouri, Minnesota or Washington State. But I didn't go to a Seahawks vs. Rams game in Seattle dressed in Rams gear to be a douche, either. That's what people here do. Every week at BOA, you see the same douches wearing a brand new jersey of whatever team we're playing. That was the point of the comment I made.

I have no problem with the transplants who show up and support the Panthers against 30 other opponents, then cheer their original team when they come to town. We have plenty of those as well.

If you want to try and allude that it's a bunch of bandwagon jumpers, you're sadly mistaken. I know it's hard to imagine, but the Broncos fanbase stretches far and wide. Many that grew up, not just in Colorado, but in surrounding states, grew up Broncos fans. We're the only show in town for something like a 1200 mile diameter circle around Denver, and much farther depending which direction you go. We have one of the longest home game sellout streaks in the NFL dating back to pre NFL merger. Broncos fans are many. Sorry if your stadium, town, forum got temporarily infiltrated, but that's just too bad.

Yes, I know the Broncos are the (geographic) home team for much of the Western US. You're not telling me anything new. I mean, west of the Mississippi, you've got two teams in Missouri, one in Arizona, and four on the west coast. And only one in between. I wonder which team gets all the TV time for all the land between Kansas and Nevada? Before the Panthers existed, we usually had Redskins games. As a result, you'll probably find just as many Redskins fans in the Carolinas as you will find Panthers fans.
Its still a young franchise, and for its age and being in a transplant city, I really can't complain about its fanbase. But any fanbase thats endured what we've been through since 2009 would be struggling.
You don't go from 12-4, and taking the defending Super Bowl champs to OT in their house, to 2-14 without making poor decisions that alienate even your most hardcore fans.

Does winning and having Manning on your team help? Well no sh*t, but don't get it twisted, most of us have been here and many of us have been here for a very long time. You're an expansion team, still in it's first generation. We were one of the original AFL teams. You have quite a number of decades/ fathers passing down their team allegiances to catch up to.

I'm not getting it twisted. Just as we have many "Camwagoners," your team has many "Manningwagoners". It was obvious on Sunday - folks in brand new Manning jerseys with no idea that Gary Kubiak was a Broncos QB before he was a Texans coach, and clueless about McCaffrey or Bubby Brister. I really liked the one guy I asked "who's a better CB, Champ Bailey or Darrien Gordon?" He'd never heard of Darrien Gordon.

#50 Kishzilla

Kishzilla

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Its still a young franchise, and for its age and being in a transplant city, I really can't complain about its fanbase. But any fanbase thats endured what we've been through since 2009 would be struggling.
You don't go from 12-4, and taking the defending Super Bowl champs to OT in their house, to 2-14 without making poor decisions that alienate even your most hardcore fans.

We were 4-12 not that long ago, and only 8-8 last year. It's not like we've been lighting it up the last decade. Outside of one AFCCG appearance, we haven't really been more than mediocre. Honestly you guys have had more success over the last decade that we have, and yet our sellout streak and fanbase remains. Not every team that struggles, struggles with keeping their fanbase.

I'm not getting it twisted. Just as we have many "Camwagoners," your team has many "Manningwagoners". It was obvious on Sunday - folks in brand new Manning jerseys with no idea that Gary Kubiak was a Broncos QB before he was a Texans coach, and clueless about McCaffrey or Bubby Brister. I really liked the one guy I asked "who's a better CB, Champ Bailey or Darrien Gordon?" He'd never heard of Darrien Gordon.

Well, in fairness, Gordon did only play two seasons for us. Albeit our two SB seasons, but I'd bet a lot of people don't know who he is, especially since he hopped around so much. I'd be more suspect of people that didn't know who was on the current roster than people who couldn't remember guys on the team from 15 years ago. Bandwagoners generally don't know dick about football in general, so if they can't be bothered knowing who's on the field right now, then you know what you've got.

I pulled that sh*t on a lot of Chargers fans out in SD. When they started getting good again in '05/'06 all of the sudden the Raiders Jerseys started turning into Chargers jerseys, and a quick quiz on who was on their starting roster made short order of them when I'd rip into them in their stadium, in front of the team they didn't know who played on it lol.

Oh, and the answer is clearly Champ :D

#51 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,615 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

We were 4-12 not that long ago, and only 8-8 last year. It's not like we've been lighting it up the last decade. Outside of one AFCCG appearance, we haven't really been more than mediocre. Honestly you guys have had more success over the last decade that we have, and yet our sellout streak and fanbase remains. Not every team that struggles, struggles with keeping their fanbase.

Yes, but you have to take a few things into consideration. Expansion teams usually go through years of struggles - Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Tampa, Seattle, the new Browns, etc. all waited years (even decades) for success. We didn't. Jacksonville didn't either and I believe thats part of the reason their franchise is in such bad shape now.
Neither the Panthers or the Jaguars really dealt with the expansion team woes most expansion teams face. The Panthers set an expansion team record with 7 wins. We were the first expansion team to defeat the reigning SB champions. Both the Panthers and Jacksonville were in conference championship games in their second season of existence. The Panthers didn't lose in Ericcson/ Bank of America Stadium until 1997. They didn't lose a playoff game there until 2008. (that game was so bad, most of us can't bear to talk about it; we've been in a horrible downward spiral ever since)

The last few years for the Panthers have been horrible to a level that we've never seen. Prior to our 2-14 season in 2010, the Panthers had finished with a record worse than 7-9 exactly twice in our history... a 4-12 season in 1998 and a 1-15 season in 2001. Now we're on pace to do it three seasons in a row. While we're not exactly used to winning consistently, we are used to being competitive.

#52 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

If Peyton Manning were the quarterback of the Panthers they'd be undefeated right now.

#53 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,615 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

If Peyton Manning were the quarterback of the Panthers they'd be undefeated right now.

Sure, as long as he's calling the plays. Imagine Chud calling a read option for Peyton.

#54 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Sure, as long as he's calling the plays. Imagine Chud calling a read option for Peyton.

I think he would call a time out, walk to the sideline and smack him in the mouth. Then he would refer to him as "our idiot offensive coordinator" in the post game press conference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com