Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chucky

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I have no interest in him. How many times did we watch him coaching down in Tampa and end up just completely baffled by what he did? And all the reports that his locker room hated him?

I like Gruden as an analyst, or as someone else's coach, but not as the Carolina coach.

2008: his team chokes away a 9-3 start to finish 9-7 capped off with a home loss to none other than the 4-11 oakland raiders lol

one example among many. people watch him on monday night football and think he's the ultimate rah rah let's go get 'em type guy but that's not what it's like to work with him per many accounts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never trust a guy born in Sandusky.

Posted

2008: his team chokes away a 9-3 start to finish 9-7 capped off with a home loss to none other than the 4-11 oakland raiders lol

led by Jamarcus Russell.

Posted

i'd like to see what he'd have been able to do with a franchise-caliber QB, but still, terrible fit here (and in most other spots i'd wager.)

gruden is great in the booth. he should stick with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

No X 1,000,000

Posted

He's going to be head coach here at Tennessee.

At least that's what the rumors point to.

Posted

He's going to be head coach here at Tennessee.

At least that's what the rumors point to.

While he MAY end up at Tennessee, I highly doubt he takes that job until he knows all NFL jobs are off the table....

Posted

While he MAY end up at Tennessee, I highly doubt he takes that job until he knows all NFL jobs are off the table....

it won't take long for him to figure that out.....again.

Posted

If your top merit for being a head coaching candidate in the NFL was your propensity to display a scrunched-up angry scowl akin to pushing out a constipated sideways brick-turd, then I too would be a hot commodity.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not sure why people always bring him up as some great HC. Sure he got a SB win but if my memory is correct that was with another coaches core players. Then set back TB for years. So no I would not take him.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love Gruden and would prefer him over any of the other retreads. I would pair him up with a GM...not sure thats his style

Belichek learned a lot his 1st time around.

Posted

I would love Gruden and would prefer him over any of the other retreads. I would pair him up with a GM...not sure thats his style

Belichek learned a lot his 1st time around.

tampa was his 2nd time around.

i'd want to have a retread that was actually respected by his players. that's not gruden.

1 person likes this