• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

How much is the "other side" really willing to work with you, when they say something like this...

Don't sit here and say the Republicans have made every effort to work with Obama. I'm not also going to say there hasn't been opposition from the left either, because there has. I just hope that with what is looming and after the election, Washington can be adults about this.

If I am not mistaken, he did not say this when Obama took office like most want you to beleive, but after his first two years when Obama and Dems shut them out of everything. As Rahm Emanual said, "we have the numbers, FK em". Then they passed with no input from Repubs, everything they wanted. At this point, having never worked with the President on anything, basically because the President had no desire, McConnel was of the mind set to turn the government over.

Hey, same with Clinton, except after 2 years when Clinton got a wake up call, he worked across the aisle and benefitted greatly. Obama has not ever proven he can do it. We will see. Agree though that it was not a good thing to say.

#12 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationRichmond, VA
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

If I am not mistaken, he did not say this when Obama took office like most want you to beleive, but after his first two years when Obama and Dems shut them out of everything.

So for the past 2 years (but not 4), the Republicans have plotted against Obama? What a relief.

#13 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Obama won. On the other side we have the least popular congress in history. Draw your own conclussions

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

So for the past 2 years (but not 4), the Republicans have plotted against Obama? What a relief.

I think they passed 40 plus bills that are sitting in the Senate and have never been voted on. Take from it what you will.

The grand bargain was a done deal until Obama got told to up the ante. Hard to bargain that way

#15 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

What's a conclussion? Is that what happens when the economy crashes?

#16 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Obama won. On the other side we have the least popular congress in history. Draw your own conclussions

And both go re elected.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Democrats pointing at republicans while republicans pointing at democrats and both parties blaming each other. I'm an independent and I can honestly tell you both parties are at fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users