Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g5jamz

Does everyone know what the "fiscal cliff" is?

39 posts in this topic

Actually you were part of the problem.

The fiscal cliff comes when cuts and the bush tax breaks end essentially. It's higher taxes vs lower gdp.

There will have to be some compromise....which is why the joke was made about the repub's main goal is stopping Clinton in 2016.

Stop with the nonsense. Bush tax cuts could have been removed first two years of Obama's office. If he got Obamacare passed via reconciliation, he certainly could've done it with the increased revenue by removing the Bush tax cuts.

The fiscal cliff is more than just those tax cuts...waiting on mmm.

So it's not actually a thing but your interpretation of the fiscal cliff. Thats fine.

http://www.cfr.org/economics/fiscal-cliff/p28757?cid=ppc-google-grant-fiscal_cliff&gclid=CLCh496OwLMCFQkFnQodJQ0AJg

happy?

2 people like this

It is a situation derived from spending more than you are bringing in and being too childish/selfish/self serving to admit that we cannot fight wars, fund projects, cut taxes, start new entitlement programs, etc or we are going to screw the greatest nation on earth up royally.

Where the fug were all you "fiscal conservatives" when Bush II was doing his thing? You can't have your cake and eat it too. "hey let's spend a poo load of money and fug the world economy up, and then when a democrat gets elected let's change it up and try and blame everything on him by saying he is spending too much trying to fix the poo we fuged up".....what the fug is that? The same people who were going with the program all of a sudden develop a sense of urgency about over the top government spending. Funny.

Many of us were right here....screaming at the top of our lungs to cut back on the federal government and it's spending.

All of it.

Military, handouts, legacy costs, everything.

Most refused to listen, believed that it couldn't get this bad.....it will continue to deteriorate.

Frankly...I don't think a lot of people do.

The fiscal cliff is a nickname for the automatic cuts and tax increases that go into effect in January if Republicans and Democrats can't get together on policy to reduce the deficit.

The reason it is called the fiscal cliff is because the CBO has said that if sequester happens the cut and taxes are so large that it will send us into a double dip recession.

The fiscal cliff is a nickname for the automatic cuts and tax increases that go into effect in January if Republicans and Democrats can't get together on policy to reduce the deficit.

The reason it is called the fiscal cliff is because the CBO has said that if sequester happens the cut and taxes are so large that it will send us into a double dip recession.

Any deal, IMO, just delays the inevitable placing bets that the economy will rebound eventually and turn receipts upward. But as you just said, the math doesn't work.

Why not just go over the cliff and deal with the ramifications of cuts. Corporate America has to deal with that...our government should have to deal with it. 10% minimum across the board....and that includes employees.

3 people like this

Yep...thanks for the link. This graph shows what happens in 54 days.

Deficit_Reduction2.jpg

Sure i do. But with people like you, if I present what it is you nitpick at wording in an attempt to throw it off topic. Be the adult here and explain it to everyone.

people like me? hahahahah.

people like me? I didn't start a thread asking an obvious trap question then refuse to answer it myself...

W

Forgive g5 he's used to saying "you people"

1 person likes this