Photo
- - - - -

You know your party is in trouble when....

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

Perhaps all of this is true. But if the Republicans had a better crop to choose from than Romney, Gingrich, the Texas governor and Santorum, they win this thing and we're talking about the Dems. All of those candidates had major warts. All of them. I think Romney's a good guy, but his past just killed him.

#17 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Perhaps all of this is true. But if the Republicans had a better crop to choose from than Romney, Gingrich, the Texas governor and Santorum, they win this thing and we're talking about the Dems. All of those candidates had major warts. All of them. I think Romney's a good guy, but his past just killed him.

Obama gives a great speech, Romney not so much.
Simple.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Also think about this. Each time I heard of a "celeb" who publicly supporting Romney the venom that spewed towards them was fast and furious. This coming from folks who are supposedly progressive and tolerant.
Dems are as hypocritical in tolerance as much as the reps are hypocrites in being fiscally responsible.

#19 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

And why don't they have a better crop to choose from? Where are the great Republicans?

This is a symptom of what we're saying.

#20 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Simple.

We know the Dems cleaned up in single women, blacks, latinos and gays, but they also won a good share of white union people. Are union people going to blame the unions or the Dems because their company went out of business, or the rich guy who once moved a factory to China so his company would make a lot more money?

What bothers me about how this thing turned out is that during the last three weeks, I never saw Romney blatantly insult Obama while campaigning. It was all "let's get this country going again" and all positive. Then you had Obama out there just ripping into Romney left and right. I'm disappointed that the latter strategy worked and the high road did not. I thought Romney looked much more presidential than Obama. Whether that would have translated into the job, who knows? But I know that Obama can't do the job.

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Simple.

I don't know about that. Romney rose 28 points after the debates. Then Obama won them back with the job he did handling Sandy, which most certainly wasn't just a speech.

#22 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

And why don't they have a better crop to choose from? Where are the great Republicans?

This is a symptom of what we're saying.

Too young. Too afraid to go up against the Chicago Machine.

Why was John Kerry/John Edwards the best that the Dems had to offer in 04?

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

What bothers me about how this thing turned out is that during the last three weeks, I never saw Romney blatantly insult Obama while campaigning. It was all "let's get this country going again" and all positive. Then you had Obama out there just ripping into Romney left and right. I'm disappointed that the latter strategy worked and the high road did not. I thought Romney looked much more presidential than Obama. Whether that would have translated into the job, who knows? But I know that Obama can't do the job.

Good lord dude you really see what you want to see sometimes. Romney ran more than his fair share of negative ads and attacks. If you didn't notice any "the last 3 weeks" it's because Romney had a self imposed gag order where he didn't do any interviews for the last 22 days. Before that he ran as negative a campaign as any recent candidate.

#24 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,924 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Too young. Too afraid to go up against the Chicago Machine.

Name all these young great Republicans who were just afraid of the Chicago Machine and not at all imaginary.

Why was John Kerry/John Edwards the best that the Dems had to offer in 04?

The better option that year was done in by the media.

#25 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

We know the Dems cleaned up in single women, blacks, latinos and gays, but they also won a good share of white union people. Are union people going to blame the unions or the Dems because their company went out of business, or the rich guy who once moved a factory to China so his company would make a lot more money?

I'm quite sure a very large portion of those "white union people" were Democrats, no?
Plus you're talking pensions etc, no real contest there.

Prop 32 was just defeated in Cali 56% to 44%.

Prop 32:

Prohibits unions from using payroll-deducted funds for political purposes. Applies same use prohibition to payroll deductions, if any, by corporations or government contractors. Prohibits union and corporate contributions to candidates and their committees. Prohibits government contractor contributions to elected officers or their committees. Fiscal Impact: Increased costs to state and local government, potentially exceeding $1 million annually, to implement and enforce the measure’s requirements

In some cases union member's money isn't even used ostensibly how they like it. And it still will.

Where the no vote Dollars came from:

No on 32, sponsored by educators, firefighters, school employees, health care providers, police officers and labor organizations opposed to special exemptions from campaign finance rules for corporate special interests.

#26 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,910 posts
  • LocationMontford

I think rodeo is right about who is being raised up for the reps. I think there is significantly more peer pressure to NOT run or admit you are a rep. Imagine how bad things would be for them if there were NO fox?
Hollywod and tv shape the outcome they want. Moderates and compromise and agreement are ratings killers.

#27 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationAlaska

I've said this in other threads but I honestly think they just don't care they simply do not connect at a mass social level...at all.

This^

GOP party faithful have largely isolated themselves so much from the rest of society in their "conservative media bubble" that they have literally lost touch with reality.

With so many media choices today, Conservatives can now live in an echo chamber that reinforces their narrow view of the world 24/7/365.

Many of them were absolutely floored at the election returns and could not fathom how a man so hated as Barack Obama was reelected as President.

Of course the polls leading up to the election suggested as much, but conservatives derided them as an MSM conspiracy.

Even Mitt Romney didn't believe the polls.

A Romney adviser said Mitt was "shell shocked" after the election because internal polling indicated he would take the swing states and win the Presidency.

Time to step out of the bubble cons and join the rest of us in the real world.

#28 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Name all these young great Republicans who were just afraid of the Chicago Machine and not at all imaginary.

Rubio, Jindal, Christie

My stepbrother works in state politics in Florida. Republican. He's been telling me for two months that the election was over and Romney had zero chance. Even after the first debate. He speaks glowingly of those three.

The better option that year was done in by the media.

Who was that?

#29 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm quite sure a very large portion of those "white union people" were Democrats, no?

Yes, but so are single women, blacks, latinos and gays.

#30 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,301 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

I don't know about that. Romney rose 28 points after the debates. Then Obama won them back with the job he did handling Sandy, which most certainly wasn't just a speech.

Clearly a face to face debate is not the Prez' strength.
The Photo/Video Ops the last 3 weeks.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com