Photo
- - - - -

NFL.com - Fox "fired" = Bullshit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#25 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

. hurney seemed to be more up on current trends in the league and more open to drafting QBs, but then that might have been under JR's orders.

Its hard to say hurney is more "up on current trends in the league" when he sinks so much of our cap in running backs this year.

The team didn't draft QBs because up until his surgery Delhomme got the job done. Carr was a high profile acquisition attempting to upgrade the position during that time as well. Its not like we had the number one pick a lot and the league was different during the first half of Fox's tenure. Now it truely is a QB driven league.

A lot changed after our super bowl in the way DBs can cover. Those rule changes pretty much ended Ricky Manning Jrs career and pushed the league towards where it is today.

#26 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

fox should have been fired.

Part of me believed Fox was kind of trapped into this. No reputable coach would take over the 2010seson where JR gave the team absolutley nothing, pickles as a qb, what kind of coach would put that on their record for a small market team. JR pulling investment in the team for a whole year for somehting that never happend.Think about it.

I've started to blame JR more than Fox. Fox knows what he is doing, he is head coach material. It was his time to go, that is not to be overlooked, but the fact remains he took on a shitty situation, a coach who made a playoff run with second stringers, a coach that never finished worse than 7-9, 8-8, with nothing could not do better than 2-14 because of what JR gave him.

JR was not going to fire Fox, he says because of money and I say that is bullshit. He was held onto to be a lame duck, but worse than a lame duck...a lame duck with an owner who gave nothing. If JR respectfully let Fox keep his vets or ..any vets... for one more year we could have pulled a better record.

Fox was not going to be fired in 2010 and certainley not 2009 after Hurney stupidly resigned jake after a surgery and a bombed playoff exposure, and I say exposure because he was going downhill all season, with the run game and oline being the crutch for everything. That was some Hurney bullshit.
One thing can be seen for certain when we'll look back during the end of the Fox era, Hurney and JR had a much more serious, negative effect on this team than Fox did.

#27 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Its hard to say hurney is more "up on current trends in the league" when he sinks so much of our cap in running backs this year.

The team didn't draft QBs because up until his surgery Delhomme got the job done. Carr was a high profile acquisition attempting to upgrade the position during that time as well. Its not like we had the number one pick a lot and the league was different during the first half of Fox's tenure. Now it truely is a QB driven league.

A lot changed after our super bowl in the way DBs can cover. Those rule changes pretty much ended Ricky Manning Jrs career and pushed the league towards where it is today.

i was more thinking that the emphasis on picking up more WRs and QBs in the 2010 season was under JR's pushing rather than a philosophy change of hurney.

carr was a feeble attempt to upgrade. the guy was shell shocked. i know they intended for him to sit a couple years and recover from his time at houston, but the problem was that they didn't want to develop a QB, they wanted a developed QB that could step in and just manage a game.

when that attempt failed and carr got the boot...what did they do to try and make things better? nada. fox wanted to win doing the same things with the same people he did getting to the superbowl. i think that jake was released because they knew that fox was still going to try and start him ahead of the younger QBs.

whatever the reasons....the team needed to change directions.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

There is not much difference between being fired and contract not being renewed. Both mean they don't want you to come back.

#29 graydAye

graydAye

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Don't worry. Once Manning retires in 2 years, Denver fans are going to be glad weed is legal, bc Fox will be drafting 6th round QBs and trying to "develop" them for 20 years.

I'm pretty sure they're glad weed is legal now. BTW we need to cut Fox some slack. He did an honorable job while he was here. He never talked about his issues here, and he left with class. I'll always like Fox and I'll always have a lot of Panther memories with him as the head coach. Was it time for him to go? Maybe? But he was here when X-clown happened and he still is the most successful coach we've had in this franchise. If I was able to make the game, I would cheer for him not boo him. Go Panthers.