#1 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

Now that our season is over, Want to take a look at our free agetns, who needs to come back and who we want to bring in.

http://www.hockeybuz...am.php?team=CAR

This website is where you can get Salary and FA status of players..

Unrestricted FA
Erik Cole
Ryan Bayda
Chad LaRose
Dennis Seidenberg

Restricted FA
Tuumo Ruutu
Jussi Jokinen
Dwight Helminem
Anton Babchuk

Please add players You want to see stay, go and/or brought in....

Can this thread be sticked for the offseson???

Edited by dexterpyro, 26 May 2009 - 09:11 PM.

#2 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,515 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

Need to stack up on defensemen.

#3 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

In the Minors who could come up...

Brendan Sutter
Zach Boychuk

only two that i know something about. Both are true Centers that can help with our Center depth. We only Have Staal, Cullen, and Brindy as true centers.

Edited by dexterpyro, 26 May 2009 - 09:13 PM.

#4 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

And some FA i would like to see

Martin Havlat- 6 million, could be the player Staal needs on his line
John Madden- 3 Million, great chippy center, needed if brindy retires

And some Defensemen that we most definatley need
Steve Montador
Alexi Semenov
Chris Pronger-great shot and very good defensmen

#5 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

Don't resign cole, sign marty havlat.

#6 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

Chris Pronger-great shot and very good defensmen

Please, not him. Anyone but that jerk. I remember hating him in the series against the Oilers back in '06, my wife (Ducks fan) has hated the guy ever since he showed up in Anaheim. He commits too many stupid penalties.

#7 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

I wouldn't mind see us going after Bouwmeester and Havlat. We need a scorer to help Staal out and we need a leader on defense. Either a young guy like Bouwmeester or a vet who can mentor and groom Pitkanen into the leader of our defense.

Bayda, is more than likely gone unless he signs for the minimum but I would much rather see Conboy, Dwyer or some other young guy take his spot on the 4th line. We have a lot of depth in Albany at center. Helminen, Boychuk or Sutter could all come up to move Jussi back to wing or if Brindy doesn't come back.

Cole, LaRose, Ruutu and Jokinen have to be re-signed.

#8 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

Not sure about Cole being resigned....Not at 4 million dollars, if he takes a significant pay cut then good. LaRose, Ruutu and Jokininen are almost must haves...

#9 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

Please, not him. Anyone but that jerk. I remember hating him in the series against the Oilers back in '06, my wife (Ducks fan) has hated the guy ever since he showed up in Anaheim. He commits too many stupid penalties.

I know he is a jerk, but he would help our defense and PPs immensley, we could say goodbye to babchuk or send him back to albany and also add a solid veteran presence to our defense. He is not or will he ever be my first choice to bring in....High speculation he prefers to stay out west anyhow...

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,755 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

We need Defense bad, definitely need more speed on the blue line.

#11 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Not sure about Cole being resigned....Not at 4 million dollars, if he takes a significant pay cut then good. LaRose, Ruutu and Jokininen are almost must haves...

42 points and an even plus/minus in the regular season. I'll take someone like that on my team everyday and twice on sunday. He's still a top 6 forward. Maybe not worth 4 million, but I don't think he will be taking a significant pay cut.

#12 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

42 points and an even plus/minus in the regular season. I'll take someone like that on my team everyday and twice on sunday. He's still a top 6 forward. Maybe not worth 4 million, but I don't think he will be taking a significant pay cut.

I agree with you that he can be a top six forward, I like his speed and tenacity, and he willingnes to do he small things, i just dont know if he is worth 4 million, 1.5 to 2.5 million would be a good figure to sign him at.

We have some cap space, no figures on next years cap but we had 5 million this year so we can expect more....probaly 7.5 to 9 million

#13 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

I think Adrian Aucoin is set to be a UFA this offseason. He's in his mid 30's, but dude could bring experience, and he's a solid player. His +/- wasn't great at -8, but I still think he's worth looking into. High buying price.

And if the 27 year old Mike Cammalleri doesn't resign, I would jump the moon to get him on this team. Dude just has a nose for making plays. Passing and scoring. Also high purchasing price.

#14 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Marian Gaborik please

#15 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

The only way that Cole comes back is at a home team discount. He isnt going to get over 3 million from the Canes. We dont have alot of money to spend on FA, they are going to concentrate on keeping the guys they have in house already. Brind'amour hanging it up will give us a little extra cash space. LaRose isnt going anywhere and he might be the only UFA we keep, Rutuu and Jokinen are RFA and arent going to have the chance to go anywhere and I dont think they want to. As for bringing up the guys from the minors. I doubt your going to see Sutter up on the opening day roster, he still needs to put on more weight to fill out his frame. I have no doubt the Zach Boychuk will be on Staal's line come october. Look out for Dryson Bowman, Ive got a feeling he will be on the roster. Same goes for Mike Murphy, he will be the backup goalie next year. He just finished a great year in Bellview and should be the back up for Cam for the next 3-4 years. I really dont expect for them to make a run at any big names in free agency. Thats just not our style and that wont change this year. We always pick up cheap roll players and hope they can fill needs. Jeff Hamilton, Trevor Letowski, Dan Lacouture..... Ron Francis was the last big time free agent they signed. Ive got a feeling that Brind'amour is going to retire. I for one hope that he does. Staal is ready to wear the "C" and Roddy knows it. Staal, Cullen, Jokinen will fill out the center spot on the top 3 lines, not sure who will be on the 4th line. Training camp cant get here fast enough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.